Jack Monroe #195 She basically writes fan-fiction about herself

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Yes - you said it far better than I. My experiences of poor mental health are entirely around being utterly bereft and grief stricken a few years ago and they are much, much better now. To live permanently with issues that need medicating and monitoring is obviously challenging enough, without the idea that you can buy your way out of it. Or, in Jacks case, cook a bowl of brown slop from a couple of cans and call it self care. And, I would be well up for reading articles such as you describe - in order to further my own knowledge and understanding of a much under acknowledged and under funded problem of our society. Perhaps you could “pitch” to Hattie! And maybe it won’t languish in an inbox for weeks!
Another one with eleventy-hundred emails and no reply to the sender....

• Haha
Reactions: 28
Lads, just realised I'm going to be in Scotland during the Edinburgh anniversary!!!🔺️ What do you think is the best way to celebrate?
1. By eating all of my meals at Dishoom/Five Guys/other generic chain restaurant
2. By packing all of my kitchen appliances in my suitcase then forcing a local charity to drive miles out of their way take them off my hands
3. Cooking slop in my aparthotel kitchen then forcing it on some unsuspecting homeless people (or just some poor guy who happens to be sitting on a nearby park bench).
Ooo Joani N!! Can you pop on a mask or some lapel badges so I can spot thee?!

• Haha
Reactions: 29
Lads, just realised I'm going to be in Scotland during the Edinburgh anniversary!!!🔺️ What do you think is the best way to celebrate?
1. By eating all of my meals at Dishoom/Five Guys/other generic chain restaurant
2. By packing all of my kitchen appliances in my suitcase then forcing a local charity to drive miles out of their way take them off my hands
3. Cooking slop in my aparthotel kitchen then forcing it on some unsuspecting homeless people (or just some poor guy who happens to be sitting on a nearby park bench).
Can you go and have a look at the most beautiful railway bridge at Queensferry and then agree Jack is such a (not Billy) 🛎🔚 that she isn't allowed near it ever ? X

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 25
The more I look at the tongue photo the more confused I get.

What does it mean?!
Well Orphy B, it means that despite taking no clothes on this trip and packing a bag full of camera tripods and assorted photography ephemera ol’Mackie didn’t bother to use the timer function, instead using an iPad operated by pressing on the screen with their tongue. We know this because Mackie was using the camera tripod and timer and equipment for candid “behind the scenes” pics of themself.
Then Fack accidentally uploaded the wrong one, Mary 🥕 MARM was quick enough to snap it and needless to say, the cabal had the first, middle and last laugh

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 50
Mate. Just take a photo of some celery. That’ll do 😉

• Haha
Reactions: 37
I think I'd rather eat grass from the Chernobyl exclusion zone than that fish fillet, Poca. I've been reading and watching a lot of documentaries about Chernobyl and other nuclear disasters recently, it's my new personality trait 💁‍♀️ and even the liquidators who scooped up shards of radioactive graphite with their bare hands would insist on full protective gear before going to Jack's for dinner.

Lest we forget the true extent of the cod defiling here is the original screenshot, thanks as ever to fastest hand in the west @Marmalade Atkins

fish fillets with the texture of card.jpg

She cooked a fish fillet for so long that she couldn't remember how long she cooked it for.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 61
Beef cheek - low and slow

fish fillet…. Not that. Dry as dust mate.

• Haha
Reactions: 44
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.