Jack Monroe #194 She only came back cos we were about to put out an album

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
This is wild. As @Blurp said above, she definitely did have a go at her Mum at one point in recent times about this, her mum gave a sad response like "we tried to do what you wanted". Yet here she is not only blaming them for not being able to swim because she missed the lessons (LOL grow up Jack) but body shamed her. Claims that the marks never bothered her in the slightest and that 'several' doctors advised her parents to seek out this horrific removal process. Several NHS doctors I assume since these were the 2up 2down pov days? Why would she be seeing several doctors about port wine birth marks in the first place? All sounds like a massive lie. According to Jack's own mother, the removal process was at Jack's request!
She also said that she wanted her mother to get tattoos on her legs so she would have the same birth marks as her and she was angry because her mother refused to do so.
She had a go at her on a very public forum (think it was FB)
She said something like 'we really tried, we took you to GOSH for laser removal like you wanted'
Jack's reply was something like 'yes but you didn't get your legs tattooed like I wanted did you?'

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 61
Good morning to the cabal. Are we all ready for Jack's Sunday tweetathon?

Will it be Changing Rooms Jack, where we see her rearrange the furniture in the crappy bungalow?

Will it be mid summer, winter warmer, slow cooker food Jack, where we see her making seasonally inappropriate food?

Or will we have a whole different Jack this week?

I am almost beside myself with indifference. I'm only here for the humour and support you load of ninnies have for each other.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 69
Ref the swimming, I learned as an adult. It can be done 🙄
She also said that she wanted her mother to get tattoos on her legs so she would have the same birth marks as her and she was angry because her mother refused to do so.
She said something like 'we really tried, we took you to GOSH for laser removal like you wanted'
Jack's reply was something like 'yes but you didn't get your legs tattooed like I wanted did you?'
That’s just insane. She takes no responsibility for her own life and how to make the best of a situation. Also gives no credit to anyone else. SB’s dad said to be a great help when it becomes apparent he is the full time parent.

Reactions: 42
SB’s dad said to be a great help when it becomes apparent he is the full time parent.
There’s no way a child lives in that house, sorry but once you see it you can’t unsee it. Apparently he’s into football, where’s the paraphernalia in the garden? My neighbour has a similarly aged son & they do a *football team* coloured wash they’ve got so many bits from PJs to kits. There’s a goal post, one of those weird things with holes cut out to aim balls into, about 20 balls all shapes and sizes, a trampoline, a big inflatable pool, my garden has more balls in it from the boy next door than her does from her SB? Where’s the tit in the house - scooters, bikes, backpacks, school blazers, notes and school certificates on the fridge. A room that looks like a youth hostel / the IKEA bargain corner cos there’s nothing personal in it? To coin a Jack term he’s wheeled out when it benefits her misty eyed rhetoric but even the biggest compulsive liar on Twitter has stopped pretending re: that now.

• Heart
Reactions: 69
Agree. My house looks like a bomb has gone off in toys r us even when it’s looking presentable.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 41
I remember that. Such a bloody weird thing to say. I've got a 'strawberry' birthmark on the side of my face, near my ear, about 50p sized. It's faded as I've got older, but was quite bright when I was a kid. Never once have I ever thought to tell my mother she should get a tattoo there. Why even would you?

• Heart
Reactions: 48
Good morning to the cabal. Are we all ready for Jack's Sunday tweetathon?

Will it be Changing Rooms Jack, where we see her rearrange the furniture in the crappy bungalow?

Will it be mid summer, winter warmer, slow cooker food Jack, where we see her making seasonally inappropriate food?

Or will we have a whole different Jack this week?

I am almost beside myself with indifference. I'm only here for the humour and support you load of ninnies have for each other.
I think we’ll have moaning about football Jack this week. Because she doesn’t like it, she’ll moan they it’s on telly too much, she’ll moan that because it’s on more people will be mixing and it’ll be their fault if the country is restricted further and because she would really struggle to make it about her (please god do let her try and make what happened to Christian Erikson be one of her medical experiences).

@heretoreaditall, your post as always hit the nail on the head. Surely a big part of being a parent is doing things/watching things you wouldn’t normally do but the joy from seeing your kid happy should make it easier? There’s a lot worse things than football and if she doesn’t know a lot about it, why not let SB teach her? When I was little, my favourite toy was my wee till and fake money. I am sure my folks could have done without their daily, multiple times per day, trips to my shop or I would occasionally mix it up and pretended I worked in a chip shop with newspaper and clothes pegs! I don’t remember them complaining because I was happy and it kept me amused for hours at a time.

• Heart
Reactions: 52
I nearly posted: “If she knows her tweeting will be restricted to weekends, why doesn’t she just schedule some recipes to appear on a regular basis through the week?”

🤷‍♀️🤷‍♀️🤷‍♀️

But that would only happen in the Sliding Doors version of her life where she has the well-managed, food-focussed Twitter account you’d expect of a professional food writer.

🤷‍♀️🤷‍♀️🤷‍♀️

PS, I keep using she/her. Apologies if wrong.

• Haha
Reactions: 40
It also speaks volumes she believes that to mean growing up poor? What about the many families suffering over crowding or housed in dangerous shitholes like the places she describes her grandad used to run into the ground to keep skimming profits out of? Leaseholders or social tenants stuck in Grenfell cladded blocks? People living in HMOs? She really has no idea, idk what sort of home she expected her parents to have but a £500k+ house in Southend must be bleeping huge so how she has the cheek to complain is beyond words.
HER GRANDFATHER IS DEAD!

• Haha
I went for a walk around London yesterday and passed a restaurant named 'eggslut'. Made me think of Jack and her egg-y, fish-y meals x

• Haha
  • Wow
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.