Jack Monroe #194 She only came back cos we were about to put out an album

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
A year on and there is no other word needed but

WHY?

Watching the Pioneer Woman (swoon) and she is making surf and turf Cajun pasta. I am shooketh, Ina would never make that kind of abomination for the cabal.

• Heart
Reactions: 27
I see the squigs are still complaining that Prue Leith got that Hellman’s leftover food gig and our Jackie was ignored despite the fact she’s the expert. (Their words not mine).

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 45
Jesus Louisa fecking Compton! I did not need to see those images again this early on a Sunday morning.🤮
She looks so menacing in them doesn’t she? I think these were part of her attempts to woo Louisa back IIRC.
In other news, it’s bloody hot out there already; get your SPF on if you’re going out lads (soz for the Caroline Hiron’s crossover post.) 😊

I see the squigs are still complaining that Prue Leith got that Hellman’s leftover food gig and our Jackie was ignored despite the fact she’s the expert. (Their words not mine).
They’re so ridiculous! Leith’s Cookery Bible was my literal cookery bible as a young wife and mother back in the 90s and 00s. Then Nigella came along with How To Eat and from then on, I cooked all things Nigella. My children are grown up now and still kick off if Nigella’s Ham in Coca-Cola isn’t on the Christmas dinner menu. I know it’s a traditional US Southern way of cooking ham, but Nigella introduced me to it.

I can’t imagine anyone using any of Jack’s books as their cookery bibles. If anyone does, I feel so sad for them and their poor taste buds.😂

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 38
View attachment 615254
Anniversary of the sideboard photo shoot.
🔔🔔🔔🔔🔔 13/6/2020
What in the fukkins?
That pose looks so combative and WHY the weird undies combo? That's the stuff I'd wear if depressed or heavily menstruating. No way I'd publicise it. Does anyone remember the accompanying text/ disingenuous reason for this horror?
Kinda like a bad 80s gang outfit with that front plait, reminiscent of Warriors but way less cool

• Haha
Reactions: 42
I went for a walk around London yesterday and passed a restaurant named 'eggslut'. Made me think of Jack and her egg-y, fish-y meals x
This sounds like a throwaway joke from Nathan Barley, yet I’ve just googled and it’s real. That is a terrible name

Other than using stale veg and making crap lunches for SB, has she ever done much in the way of leftover recipes? It’s not even her niche.

• Haha
Reactions: 33
I think at this point it is possible to disprove every single statement she makes. From the very small ("I hate coriander") to the career-defining ("I sold everything I owned in a yard sale"), there is ALWAYS evidence to the contrary.

It's astonishing.
Reminds me of 'prince' Andrew's legendary sweat-free armpits....

• Haha
Reactions: 28
What in the fukkins?
That pose looks so combative and WHY the weird undies combo? That's the stuff I'd wear if depressed or heavily menstruating. No way I'd publicise it. Does anyone remember the accompanying text/ disingenuous reason for this horror?
Kinda like a bad 80s gang outfit with that front plait, reminiscent of Warriors but way less cool
It was Something's Simmering. Which turned out to be nothing. Unless she meant herself?

• Haha
Reactions: 31
Other than using stale veg and making crap lunches for SB, has she ever done much in the way of leftover recipes? It’s not even her niche.
I'm sure she's said before that leftovers are not a thing when you're poor.

It was Something's Simmering. Which turned out to be nothing. Unless she meant herself?
When she did her completely unasked-for tattle AMA, she said that there *was* a reason for these pics, to do with some big announcement, but we still never found out what it was

• Haha
Reactions: 48
This sounds like a throwaway joke from Nathan Barley, yet I’ve just googled and it’s real. That is a terrible name

In that get up I imagine it's her gusset.
Sorry. Maybe gone too far.

• Haha
A year on and there is no other word needed but

WHY?

Watching the Pioneer Woman (swoon) and she is making surf and turf Cajun pasta. I am shooketh, Ina would never make that kind of abomination for the cabal.
I love Ree but she has never once made anything I would consider eating

• Heart
Reactions: 19
I think at this point it is possible to disprove every single statement she makes. From the very small ("I hate coriander") to the career-defining ("I sold everything I owned in a yard sale"), there is ALWAYS evidence to the contrary.

It's astonishing.
I find it very difficult to get a clear understanding of what Jack did and did not experience. Which would not be of interest if Jack did not keep referencing the past, and using it to validate themselves. I went back to the podcast Jack did with Sophie Ellis Bextor, and though Jack says that the first time they attended a foodbank they saw an acquaintance of their parents, who then came round with food. Jack does not say it was the only time they attended the foodbank. So its possible they kept going even once they had a source of food in their parents - and eventually in the co parent of their child? I give up. I wait to see if they actually do something in the present worth commenting on or if someone eventually has the time to sort through all the things Jacks said. I think the prospect of Jack being asked to put up or shut up - ie confronting them with all the conflicting statements - is next to nil.

editing to say I realise that foodbank help is limited and I am not saying that those who need a foodbank should not accept other help. Its that the picture Jack has painted of extreme circumstances is ever shifting.

Last edited:
Reactions: 31
Mine looks like the back room of a music shop in some parts and the bins round the back of Foot Locker in others.
Mine looks exactly like the bedsits of my youth but with added small people stuff, football kits, bikes, action figures, Tom Gates and DAVID WALLIAMS books (topical and avoids a derailment), more laundry and still the takeaway detritus 😭😭😭

• Haha
Reactions: 28
Can we crowdfund a pop-up called fishslut for next door? Should we? is a separate question

• Haha
I love Ree but she has never once made anything I would consider eating
I went down the internet hole about her and her family. Her rancher in laws and their dubious horse farming and threatening reputation around town. I think she’s put a glossy veneer over them all with her idealized tv life.

• Wow
Reactions: 23
I am watching Sunday Morning Live and the are talking about choirs across the world coming together to perform online. They are at a Cathedral choir and the choirmaster has said "Now this one is Pythagoras"!

It is amazing what Jackisms you notice on TV which would ordinarily pass you by.

• Haha
Reactions: 37
I went down the internet hole about her and her family. Her rancher in laws and their dubious horse farming and threatening reputation around town. I think she’s put a glossy veneer over them all with her idealized tv life.
I know right! Ina has her ‘nuclear energy analyst and Jeffrey being Dean of Yale’ background.

I can’t help but wonder if all sleb chefs need a backstory and Fack is manufacturing one by lying incessantly.

Reactions: 16
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.