Jack Monroe #194 She only came back cos we were about to put out an album

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
At the end of the mumsnet ama with Mack, someone asked a question about their child’s anatomical anomalies (obscured for ease of reading) see The reply from MxJackMonroe
B6985FE9-4AA2-4CE2-A55C-C005A9C9E998.jpeg

• Wow
Reactions: 31
At the end of the mumsnet ama with Mack, someone asked a question about their child’s anatomical anomalies (obscured for ease of reading) see The reply from MxJackMonroe
View attachment 615039
I looked up treatment and it is laser surgery, no doubt it was painful for a kid. Blaming her parents actions for not being able to swim is pretty low, I've mentioned before my mum was a swimming instructor and she taught adult learn-to-swim as a second job for years. Also Jack says the marks are still 'insolently' there, if they are I didn't see them in the £4.99
fashun skurt from t'other day.

• Heart
Reactions: 46
View attachment 615039
Didn't her mother say that Jack wanted them removed when she was whinging about them on Twitter a while back.

I had a bloody great freckle on the tip of my nose as a birthmark for thirty years until it faded. No hiding.

• Heart
Reactions: 46
I have a huge birthmark on the back of my thigh. I was told someone spilled coffee on me when I was a baby. Brothers, eh.:coffee:;)

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 36
I do wonder whether the dozen port wine stains on the legs are face tuned out, like the rest of face is, or whether there was any recent treatment carried out.
I can’t think of any slebs with port wine birthmarks who are open about it or campaign to “normalize” seeing them.

Reactions: 25
Anyone else ever feel like JM's antics encroach into their lives? 😅
I just randomly read an article on the Grauniad about a photographer who'd taken pics of wildflowers... they're being exhibited at a design shop called 'egg'! I clicked the link and on landing on their homepage this message popped up :ROFLMAO:

Untitled 7.png

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 39
View attachment 615039
Suspect these GOSH trips were the making of the beast of Jackie. If the only time she got the attention she feels she deserves was on hospital trips I’m not surprised she feigns every illness under the sun.

Sorry but after the vaccine rollout prioritising actually unwell people no one with a brain can still believe half the illnesses she’s rolled out to keep partners hostage or book paid media work on.

• Heart
Reactions: 66
View attachment 615039
This is wild. As @Blurp said above, she definitely did have a go at her Mum at one point in recent times about this, her mum gave a sad response like "we tried to do what you wanted". Yet here she is not only blaming them for not being able to swim because she missed the lessons (LOL grow up Jack) but body shamed her. Claims that the marks never bothered her in the slightest and that 'several' doctors advised her parents to seek out this horrific removal process. Several NHS doctors I assume since these were the 2up 2down pov days? Why would she be seeing several doctors about port wine birth marks in the first place? All sounds like a massive lie. According to Jack's own mother, the removal process was at Jack's request!

• Heart
Reactions: 53
She's put sooooo much endless tit out there over the years that it could be discussed and dissected even if she's quiet for another 10 years.

• Haha
Reactions: 54
The amount of times I've longed for a beard to cover my double chin is equal to the amount of photos of me covering my chin with my hand or with a hoodie zipped right up so you can't see it. If you're truly self conscious you don't flaunt that body part. Jackass.

• Heart
Reactions: 37
the 2up 2down pov days
It also speaks volumes she believes that to mean growing up poor? What about the many families suffering over crowding or housed in dangerous shitholes like the places she describes her grandad used to run into the ground to keep skimming profits out of? Leaseholders or social tenants stuck in Grenfell cladded blocks? People living in HMOs? She really has no idea, idk what sort of home she expected her parents to have but a £500k+ house in Southend must be bleeping huge so how she has the cheek to complain is beyond words.

• Heart
Reactions: 56
I think she blames her parents for alot. When. In actual fact many of her problems are her own.

Why is it her parents fault she has a birth mark, her mum hardly went ok this one I want to have self confidence issues with her legs forever so birth marks all around.

I will also put her into a good school to learn to be who she wants to be.

She can have ballet lessons and etc

As long as her parents were available and caring that's all she can ask from them after about the age of primary school. It was up to her to work hard at Grammar school, it up to her to set herself up for the life she wants. Her parents can only guide her and Give her advice. ,( But we know how she takes that. )

• Heart
Reactions: 40
Seems like Jack assigning herself expertise via being a victim on whatever she just read an article about. At that time body shaming. She easily could have told that story from another victim angle, the only constant is that it's always someone else's fault.

That's not to say children can't feel bad about certain physical features (I hated some of the moles I had, had them removed later in life and I don't feel bad about that). And I'm sure some parents deal poorly with their children's body issues.

But she talks about it like she's still a teenager hard done by (with some true-isms or universal emotional appeals sprinkled in - like the 'no children should ever go hungry'), not an adult that can put things into perspective.

• Heart
Reactions: 35
With the port wine stain I seem to recall Jack making noises about it being ignored as a child. Her Mum then posted on Twitter to say that they'd offered the treatment and Jaxk had refused.

I could be getting mixed up but she tells so many lies that's not surprising.

Reactions: 36
With the port wine stain I seem to recall Jack making noises about it being ignored as a child. Her Mum then posted on Twitter to say that they'd offered the treatment and Jaxk had refused.

I could be getting mixed up but she tells so many lies that's not surprising.
I think at this point it is possible to disprove every single statement she makes. From the very small ("I hate coriander") to the career-defining ("I sold everything I owned in a yard sale"), there is ALWAYS evidence to the contrary.

It's astonishing.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 48
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.