Jack Monroe #194 She only came back cos we were about to put out an album

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
She’s the worst.
Yeah I think they play out this “wholesome rancher” thing but they own half the town and have so much land they rent it back to the state of Oklahoma. Maybe we should start a pioneer woman thread, now there’s a woman who can afford butter!
Totally up for this thread. It will stop me ranting to myself on the streets of my city about students egging stuff.

The episode I saw this morning had her daughters film her during lockdown. So different from the manic shed scenes we “enjoyed”.

• Heart
Reactions: 18
I think Fack assumed this single mum drinking during the day with small kids, who interrupted Fack doing some single mum drinking in the day, stole the wallet but on return Fack forgot it and it was behind the bar? Gonna have to find the mumsnet thread.

When Sidey T prorogrammes Slopbot
To sing our verses, the whole lot,
That’s a-moleeeee

Found it!
Worse than I remembered, there was £2,200 at stake!!! Practically a mumsnet begging thread. August 16, what was going on around that time?
View attachment 613135
Filing in “did ye, aye?”

so, I got mr kcc to put the mask on...

(I have asked his permission to post this and he is cool with it. the bleeping exhibitionist)

eta he has his pyjama bottoms on, it is very warm

View attachment 613621
If I had one of those, I’d have roped my husband into turning it into a new page for Penis Pokey (volume 2)

• Haha
Reactions: 16
The diversity awards.... I’m in the final of that from last year, postponed due to our friend Covid.
It’s for the fund I set up to provide immediate counselling and financial support for lgbt teens in Sheffield in memory of my son who was gay and died by suicide aged 15.
The Noah Lomax fund for teen mental health.
I've just googled you and your organisation looks fantastic and a wonderful tribute to your son.

I would warn you that you are now identifiable, but I'm sure you already knew that when you posted.

She's just bare faced lying about living in a 2 up 2 down during the FBU strikes (of 2002/3 I assume). Written in 2006, this says her parents "have been fostering for nearly 14 years." and that "The family lives in a five-bedroom house, after investing £30,000 to build extra rooms when they made the decision to foster." https://www.communitycare.co.uk/2006/03/09/the-great-foster-care-divide/
Living in a 2 up 2 down ( if I'm right in thinking that's a 2 bed house) would not be possible for a foster carer. Foster kids need their own room, or a room for same sex siblings and would not be able to share with the kids of a foster carer.

• Heart
Reactions: 36
View attachment 615254
Anniversary of the sideboard photo shoot.
🔔🔔🔔🔔🔔 13/6/2020
If anyone was not already aware, this was the origin of my username. Thanks @MaineCoonMama now I'm in a fugue state. I've eaten a dozen soft slow land eggs with a tablespoon, called someone a bleep on Twitter and reminisced about the Harvester salad bar. I think some cold hard cash ought to make me feel better though <rattle rattle>

• Haha
Reactions: 76
Living in a 2 up 2 down ( if I'm right in thinking that's a 2 bed house) would not be possible for a foster carer. Foster kids need their own room, or a room for same sex siblings and would not be able to share with the kids of a foster carer.
Yes a 2 up 2 down is a terraced house with a kitchen and living area downstairs, 2 beds upstairs. In the olden days, they would have outdoor toilets but obviously they have all been updated and would mostly be extended now. A lot of them have downstairs bathrooms because of this. I live in one that at some point has had a double extension - so an extra bedroom plus more living space. But there’s no way you could turn that style of home into a 5 bed. They tend to have massive gardens but it wouldn’t be practical to make that kind of floor plan if you see what I mean.

I don’t know about the leg photoshopping. Doesn’t she have hairy legs in a few shots? So if she’d photoshopped out any birthmarks, the leg hair and any small imperfections would be gone too.

Reactions: 28
The land eggs thing makes me think of the Chicken of the Sea/Tuna of the Land Jessica Simpson debacle around the turn of the millennium.
Simpler times.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 32
'Travailed' is a new one for the dictionary! Imagine being a small boy coming home from school with one of your mates to find Mama squinting at the spice rack, softly, gently, unctuously whispering 'cumin, coriander, turmeric, allspice, juniper' while doing a merry kitchen jig. It's also occurred to me that Jack knows she's restricted to Twitter on the weekends so has had all week to come up with something interesting and yet she delivered ...that 🥴

Forgive me if I missed it but why is she restricted ( or at least we think she's restricted) to twitter on the weekends. Like what would be the real life reason?

Reactions: 17
can anyone please post the mumsnet beer garden thread? cheers

• Haha
Reactions: 17
My eyes are literally not letting me read this, they’ve started glazing over of their own accord.

ETA I of course meant the screenshots not our dear heart’s commentary on them 😳
What the actual duck? A ready meal is like a quid at a time. I know I buy them for someone. A pack of jacket spuds back then was 49p, as was tin of beans( own brand)
So for a quid you could have had jacket and beans in the dark microwave 8 mins. Etc. A tin of soup ( own brand) was like 40p as was the cheap bread. Another meal.

Also if she used say 10 pounds she could have bought a fuckload of pasta and some choped toms and made pasta dishes.

She's doesn't seem to have meat welfare issues and my old local shop did bacon for one pound for 4 slices. That could be chopped and into many dishes. It was one of those shops that did something shopper as a brand and it was red.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 26
What the actual duck? A ready meal is like a quid at a time. I know I buy them for someone. A pack of jacket spuds back then was 49p, as was tin of beans( own brand)
So for a quid you could have had jacket and beans in the dark microwave 8 mins. Etc. A tin of soup ( own brand) was like 40p as was the cheap bread. Another meal.

Also if she used say 10 pounds she could have bought a fuckload of pasta and some choped toms and made pasta dishes.

She's doesn't seem to have meat welfare issues and my old local shop did bacon for one pound for 4 slices. That could be chopped and into many dishes. It was one of those shops that did something shopper as a brand and it was red.
Exactly! When I first became a single mum I used to alternate between the cheapo ready meals from Asda and Tesco. They’re not fine dining by any stretch but if you add in some frozen veg/own brand beans/couple of slices of basics bread then they’re surprisingly filling.

Reactions: 24
Exactly! When I first became a single mum I used to alternate between the cheapo ready meals from Asda and Tesco. They’re not fine dining by any stretch but if you add in some frozen veg/own brand beans/couple of slices of basics bread then they’re surprisingly filling.
Besides the realities of cooking on a small budget. She speaks like she's referring to a long period of time that she learned to cook, forgot how to cook because “the poverty”, and then fell in love with cooking again. It couldn't be more than 4 years that she went from a good job, to unemployed with a small boy, then 18 months later her blog took off? I mean by the time he was 4/5 she was living with a literal millionaire, so it can't have been that long until her life had turned around, surely. Not to mention the supportive family and father of her child throughout. How this person has made a career out of being poor for a bit blows my mind.

This has turned into a pointless re-cap sorry fraus & herr's. Giovanna & Tom have tipped me over the edge tonight. These people are so entitled, proper Tory energy, just like Jack.

• Heart
Reactions: 66
Besides the realities of cooking on a small budget. She speaks like she's referring to a long period of time that she learned to cook, forgot how to cook because “the poverty”, and then fell in love with cooking again. It couldn't be more than 4 years that she went from a good job, to unemployed with a small boy, then 18 months later her blog took off? I mean by the time he was 4/5 she was living with a literal millionaire, so it can't have been that long until her life had turned around, surely. Not to mention the supportive family and father of her child throughout. How this person has made a career out of being poor for a bit blows my mind.

This has turned into a pointless re-cap sorry fraus & herr's. Giovanna & Tom have tipped me over the edge tonight. These people are so entitled, proper Tory energy, just like Jack.
The thing is, yet again, it's Jack wasting an opportunity to talk about something that is real and affects lots of women and families. Those wilderness years with small children when it is difficult to keep it together and keep a roof over your head and relationships break down or you're intentionally single and your work life becomes incompatible with your home life and commitments as a parent, you're working shifts at times when childcare isn't available and maybe you don't have family help because you're an arse or they aren't nearby or they are looking after their own elderly parents or still in work or whatever.

Jack could talk about that time and tie in campaigns for working parents and use her own career to demonstrate that you can pick yourself up and you can make a decent living and things will change and improve and that adversity like lockdown can bring opportunities that you can piss away and that would be a really positive move for their career. And employ a social media person to run Jack's Twitter for like £12 an hour and be professional. I've said this before, but following a simple formula of one personal/campaigning post a day, one promotional post a day of work already completed and one promotional post a day of future commitments - not maybe I'll bung this recipe online in a million years, more next week I'm speaking at blah blah event. They can all be scheduled. It's the work of a moment. Keep the underwear and train bollocks on the PeekyMink account. It's not rocket science. Aaaargh.

• Heart
Reactions: 37
can anyone please post the mumsnet beer garden thread? cheers
Mumsnet don't allow links but if you search for the thread title To have recorded this and now be considering social services? on Google it will take you there.

I'vr got a feeling she might ask mumsnet to take the thread down when she knows we are discussing it.

• Haha
Reactions: 26
No tweets tonight?
I see that pasta is very cheap at the moment.
I myself am a pasta snob and only eat DeCecco pasta cos I am a pasta wanker. However I was in Morrison’s and they had a gigantic bag of penne for 49p. How many cheapfilling meals would that make?

• Heart
Reactions: 27
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.