Jack Monroe #193 Mama, pass the UNICEF statistics and the Hansards!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’m still in awe of your triumph of using Red Bull in a sweet and sour and living to tell the tale. It sounds like a mad scientist style explosion in the kitchen waiting to happen!
I will say that it didn't smell great.

• Haha
Reactions: 28
And there we have it. That’ll do. Food that’s been cooked to death and offers none of its original flavours, textures and quite possibly nutritional value. Obviously is now brown. Bravo 👏 Jack you did it again.
View attachment 606359
That would go straight through sick note Hattie and most other people to be fair.

I am sure this type of thing was used as a poltice in the middle ages for getting rid of the clap.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 25
To be fair Hattie came here to specify IBD which is different to IBS and much more disabling. With th list of illnesses she provided it was foolish to take on an “extra” project, she would struggle to work regularly with all that.
My friend has IBD and she manages to work in an office job in an actual office. Think she does shifts too.
I don't like comparing people with the same illness, they each affect someone differently.

Hattie also has a complex mental health history which will impact on her ability to work.

My mum always told me you should never cook beans in a slow cooker as it can be toxic.. is this just an old wives tale?
Dried kidney beans need to be brought to the boil and simmered for 10 minutes to kill toxins but canned beans are fine.

I don't think other dried beans would work in the slowcooker because they need a good boil even though they are not toxic.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 24
  • Act I: Haha, she's putting weird combinations in the slow cooker again
  • Act II: Wait, that sounds like an unholy abomination-
  • Act III: Ooh oh gosh it looks exactly like puke
Interlude: Jack blesses us all with insider secrets about maximising your slime produce
  • Act IIII: When you think about it, The Human Centipede was quite cute really

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 38
Mole poblano doesn't have black beans in it you bleeping philistine.

Nor is that anything like a cassoulet.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 35
Her tips seriously sound like the Viz tips that take the piss out of the Take a Break tips! She writes like a parody account.

• Haha
Reactions: 35
I actually kind of love that she herself called it slop.

Schloppity slop. I wonder if her next book is the sequel to the lorax.

I am the lorax and I speak for the fraus their tummies are icky because that stew looks real sicky.

• Haha
Reactions: 38
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.