Jack Monroe #192 Hoist with her own anchoïade

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Why doesn't she just get a nice wee one bed for herself, less housework more time to be a wanker on twitter.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 47
I don't like the bed in that picture. Its like something you would see in a student house.

Not a supposedly successful woman with her own business.

Imagine going on a date at our age and going back to spend your first night together a f being plunged back into your late teens.
In my first year house the only place I could fit my bed was directly underneath my 'bookshelf' and I would frequently get brained by it collapsing in the day/night. It reminds me of that 🤣 I do not like it!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 33
I redecorated DD's bedroom when her father decided he wanted custody for some reason new girlfriend and application to the council for housing. Started off just making sure that it was tidier than usual, but then discovered a patch of mould under the window behind her drawers and by the Sunday night, it all had a fresh coat of pain, a new lampshade and some posher bed linen from the charity shop. Couldn't do owt about the second hand carpet at that time as it would have been too much to spend on top, but as he'd been claiming she didn't have her own bed, clothes or a fridge, I figured they wouldn't judge a foul patterned carpet as much as they would the mould.

In other unrelated news, that makeover looks almost suitable for a child of secondary age once you take off the crappy bird shrine thing and put the plants back somewhere that has daylight, doesn't it? And 11 year olds get quite excited by having double beds if they've been stuck in a crappy kids' bed with the inherently shite mattresses they come with.

Bet there's somebody somewhere in Hammersmith that is still angry about the time that some utter bastard stole their wooden sledge off the driveway when they only went in to use the toilet, though.

• Haha
Reactions: 52

Someone posted this in a group I’m in. I’m amazed Jack hasn’t done something like this yet.

• Sick
  • Sad
Reactions: 35
I redecorated DD's bedroom when her father decided he wanted custody for some reason new girlfriend and application to the council for housing. Started off just making sure that it was tidier than usual, but then discovered a patch of mould under the window behind her drawers and by the Sunday night, it all had a fresh coat of pain, a new lampshade and some posher bed linen from the charity shop. Couldn't do owt about the second hand carpet at that time as it would have been too much to spend on top, but as he'd been claiming she didn't have her own bed, clothes or a fridge, I figured they wouldn't judge a foul patterned carpet as much as they would the mould.

In other unrelated news, that makeover looks almost suitable for a child of secondary age once you take off the crappy bird shrine thing and put the plants back somewhere that has daylight, doesn't it? And 11 year olds get quite excited by having double beds if they've been stuck in a crappy kids' bed with the inherently shite mattresses they come with.

Bet there's somebody somewhere in Hammersmith that is still angry about the time that some utter bastard stole their wooden sledge off the driveway when they only went in to use the toilet, though.
My kids need a new wardrobe as their current one is knackered, turns out it was not only my husband's when he left at home but his dad had it for a while before.

They both moaned when they discovered or was knackered then told me the tale of its age. 😂

Reminds me of something she would do, sb the wardrobe was in your room when you were born, I took it from a muddy puddle at the bottom of someone's drive thirty years ago and yes you broke it.

• Haha
Reactions: 29
I tell you what, who the feck has the time and inclination to rearrange their rooms? Not people with jobs, and/or disabilities. All it does is highlight that there’s too much tit in the house and somebody needs to try doing some actual paid work.
I agree the bed looks wrong and saggy, so low down it’s almost like a mattress on the floor, hard no from me.

• Heart
Reactions: 42
It’s ridiculous that the squiggles are so amazed and impressed that she’s managed to clean a room! It speaks volumes about how they must view her.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 43
Why doesn't she just get a nice wee one bed for herself, less housework more time to be a wanker on twitter.
But where would she store her hoards of tat? Think of all the boxes of unopened letters, fugly ceramics and denim shirts, Lanie!

• Haha
Reactions: 31

Someone posted this in a group I’m in. I’m amazed Jack hasn’t done something like this yet.
Don’t give her ideas

• Haha
Reactions: 22
Yes, I agree with you. We have all been wondering how her family have been putting up with the Twitter version of her life. Maybe they’re not putting up with any more...esp SB’s dad. Speculation m’lud.
If SB goes to high school this time, that still seems quite a common age for kids to get their first smartphones (at least in my area it seems to be the point the balance flips completely from the kids with one being a minority to the kids without one being a minority).

Speculation m’lud but the idea that come September the majority of SBs new peers will have far freer access to a device allowing them to google her and see what she’s saying could prompt a shift from “eh let her lie on twitter” to “this can’t keep happening.”

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 39
If SB goes to high school this time, that still seems quite a common age for kids to get their first smartphones (at least in my area it seems to be the point the balance flips completely from the kids with one being a minority to the kids without one being a minority).

Speculation m’lud but the idea that come September the majority of SBs new peers will have far freer access to a device allowing them to google her and see what she’s saying could prompt a shift from “eh let her lie on twitter” to “this can’t keep happening.”
I bet none of her son's peers have any idea who she is, and I don't suppose he will be in any rush to enlighten them.

• Haha
  • Heart
I bet none of her son's peers have any idea who she is, and I don't suppose he will be in any rush to enlighten them.
But she's MR's best mate, first to call for a game of kicky-ball, or a boogie whilst making meaty-balls.

• Haha
I'd love it if the owner of the sleigh saw it on Jack's Twitter and put two and two together. I don't know what the UK equivalent is but here we have That's Life magazine, ordinary folk can sell their stories etc.

Anyway, imagine the two page spread-
JACK MONROE STOLE MY SLEIGH!
There's a pic of Jack in her pants and the Santa hat one on one page, then a pic of a dejected-looking child with his mum standing behind him looking grim, her hands on his shoulders.

Lmao.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 48
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.