Jack Monroe #191 The sound of silence

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
At Glastonbury you can buy about a million types of coffee from all the food trucks and pop up organic cafes etc. I went a few times and I don’t think we ever cooked or had a stove (or even took food with us). There were hardly any police and plenty of drugs but it wasn’t violent. Stab vest the last thing you would need.
Nobody would give a second thought to someone having their percolator out either. It’s all very middle class friendly. Typical Jack. Everyone’s looking at meeeeee! These plebs have never drunk anything but Nescafé!

• Haha
Reactions: 60
Are you sure you want to see this @MaineCoonMama? You're already in a delicate state of health, this might tip you over the edge. I'm going to spoiler it and you can decide at your leisure whether to open it but I'll give you fair warning that you cannot unsee it and I don't think at the hospital they'll be able to excise the specific piece of brain that has the memory of it.

Her tits are in the pan. Thats never sexy.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 30
Her tits are in the pan. Thats never sexy.
Haha. "You're dangling your tits in the soup, love" was a common phrase in my family (well, loosely translated from Dutch, hard to translate exactly) to indicate you're spilling food on your clothes. Most often when it was a sleeve or hoodie lace (I was a messy eater as a child). No idea where it came from, as the woman in our family are not particularly large breasted (it was also always 'soup' in the expression, even though the food could be anything)

No naked tits in a pan though.

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 39
I had a look at LJC Twitter for first time in a while and see she retweeted a story on Marcus. Just brilliant.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 46
Oct/Nov during the bubble buddy times, Jack posted J-1g leading the cabal to speculate that it was meant to be a private DM to someone who supplies 1 gram of something, the sort of something Jack implied David Walliams likes to henryhoover.

Then, in a famous “didn’t happen” moment Jack posted a number of nonsensical letters and numbers, and ta-da it turned out everything posted was done by sitting on the phone by mistake! Needless to say, we had the last laugh because in the middle of the nonsense it said Zoe Eccentricity, clearly The Mediterranean Arse was in charge of the keypad. Jack then, to prove that it was all spontaneous hilarity, changed their name to Zoe Eccentricity for about an hour. Everyone clapped and declared it the worst “covering up a massive error” ever.
Thank you! Thought it might be a reference to devils dandruff.. Would explain a lot....

Reactions: 12
Smoking some reefer 🤣 reminds me of some quite “cool, inside info” interview with Oasis back in the day, the writer said one of the band went of to “smoke some spliff” ha ha all credibility lost

I just read that King Marcus had a chat with Obama about young people making change in society, after his FSM campaigning he was the obvious choice.

Although I would have liked to see a smol pixie unleashing their best AAVE and mentioning their stepbrother
Not only has he gone viral he's cracking America. Good on him he's doing great.

I do hope she was behind the scenes though you know doing star ships, running part naked. She does need the attention.

Reactions: 32
I know we can’t have swears in thread titles, but if emojis are allowed I‘d like to nominate this, “ Jack Monroe #192 - “A chef” 🤣
I think the chef refers to Allegra who went with our smol pixie but Jack conveniently leaves things vague so people think it's her.

• Heart
Reactions: 38
Nah I would’ve left the moaning too, she does a fair bit of that. Consistently.

Are you sure you want to see this @MaineCoonMama? You're already in a delicate state of health, this might tip you over the edge. I'm going to spoiler it and you can decide at your leisure whether to open it but I'll give you fair warning that you cannot unsee it and I don't think at the hospital they'll be able to excise the specific piece of brain that has the memory of it.

I’ve never seen that picture before! How I wish I had a 100% record of never having seen that picture!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 38

Sweet Jesus. Why on earth would you put that out there. No don’t answer that. They do really does think their something.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 28
That Santa photo...

(FWIW I don't think she's a cokehead. I think she would get all pearl-clutchy at the very thought of illegal substances...she gives off a "some youths were smoking reefer so I gave an anonymous tip to 999" vibe, you know? Glastonbury stab vest etc...)
She certainly does 😂

Screenshot_20210528-081641.png

• Haha
  • Angry
Reactions: 41
Nah I would’ve left the moaning too, she does a fair bit of that. Consistently.

I’ve never seen that picture before! How I wish I had a 100% record of never having seen that picture!
Indeed she does, incessantly, but grifting is her number 1

Reactions: 19
Always irrationally happy to see Marcus doing wonders. What an absolute hero he is.

Barack Obama praises Marcus Rashford in Zoom meeting https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/education-57272039

If I was Jack, I would have ducked out of this situation too - it’s wholly embarrassing and demonstrates enormously just how ineffective her “campaigning”over the years has been. That a young footballer can come along and, within a year, and with charm, humility and a whiff of deference combined with determination and absolute steel in his spine, can trump every single goal and objective of a ten year “career” - well, must be hard to cope with - never mind the fact that she absolutely cannot demonstrate even a whiff of sour grapes on this occasion, like she did with “THAT MAN”, as she risks looking even more of a dick.

I am still utterly convinced maintaining her relationship and contract with her publisher is why she isn’t here. We know the political book and the Mrs Beeton knock off would have been atrocious, and almost certainly need some serious revision/re-writing. Her “time off for health reasons” story has changed way too often to be a credible reason. Rehab is just the excuse for daring to submit such awfulness, so very very late. She is bright enough to know the publishers will cut her some slack, if only to show they did their best by her, and supported her to the best of their ability, when they finally get do rid. After all, it won’t cost them a great deal to push her back, and she hasn’t got a chance to get mileage from the “My contract was dumped after I admitted addiction” Guardian articles. Like she did when she decided she was trans for a few weeks.

• Heart
Reactions: 45
Hair- Cherie Blair
Is that rhyming slang? Can we add it to ‘Russell Brands’? ‘I was running my Russells through my luxurious head of Cherie Blair...’

Fifty shades of sideboard Jack
Thread title nomination!!!!

Mrs. B says:
Fuuuuuuuuckinell...look, I know Nigella does the ‘sexy momma’ look, but that’s half a world away from slapping yer wabs up against an unfortunate chair’

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 50
Nobody would give a second thought to someone having their percolator out either. It’s all very middle class friendly. Typical Jack. Everyone’s looking at meeeeee! These plebs have never drunk anything but Nescafé!
Yeah nobody would give a shite. I've worked with crew before in places where you genuinely cannot get a good cup of coffee. They bought a coffee maker and some decent coffee and it was 😍 It wasn't weird at all.

As always Jack assumes everyone is looking at her. Nobody caaaaaaares.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 34
How old was she when she wrote this? Actually, suggesting she is mentally older because she wrote this insults all the normal people that age, so never mind.
She wouldn't have even been 30.

I'd have thought Glastonbury now would be one of the safer festivals you could go to anyway because of the ticket prices and very middle class nature of it these days.

Reactions: 32
I have gone down a Twitter rabbit hole this morning reading about R*chael Swind0n (sorry she seems the type to Google her own name/have Google Alerts set up). She's got a big following amongst Corbynistas and has a blog with a tip jar which she positions as an alternative news source to Murdoch but really just regurgitates Twitter groupthink. She allegedly causes a lot of Twitter pile ons and even has a WhatsApp group where they coordinate as such. And used to post her BuyMeACoffee and PayPal link all the time... sound familiar to someone?

Grifting seems so endemic at the moment but I'm glad more people are waking up to it.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 27
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.