Jack Monroe #191 The sound of silence

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Screenshot 2021-05-27 at 21.46.53.png

Happy Saturday! This is a bit Retro Jack, but I found this screenshot from another frau.

Remember when the lowest tier on Jack's Patreon was to give you, the donator 'a general feeling of wellbeing'?

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 55
Still showing for me...

While I was there I had a quick peek at her recent likes, and, well, I now feel like we've been robbed of a "Sorry the book's late/I can't do the engagement you've already paid me for, I've just had a SEVERE QUICKSAND INCIDENT" chaos.

View attachment 595237
I think the tip jar only shows on the mobile or tablet app not the desktop.

Reactions: 16
Jack's patreon number is now down to 325. That's a bit of a drop isn't it? Can't honestly remember what is was at most.
I don't think I ever realised quite how lucrative Patreon can be - no idea why but I looked at Danny Baker's (which tbf he updates almost daily) and he gets £156k pa from it 😧. (He has nearly 2000 subscribers at nearly £7 pm).
Her all time low was just below 300, and she did some EPIC poverty cosplay to drum up lots of lovely new subscribers 💰

Where IS she? If falling Patreon numbers won’t get her out of hiding, what on earth will?

Reactions: 22
That is the soundtrack to Jack’s life:

‘Put my traaaaazers on, have a cuppa tea and think about leaving the house’

‘I get up when I want’

“Intimidated by the dirty pigeons’

‘I feed the pigeons, I sometimes feed the sparrows too - it gives me a sense of enormous wellbeing’

Mind you, it also says ‘and then I’m happy for the rest of the day’ so it’s not completely accurate

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 40
Prue Leith is all up in Jack's niche, just read an interview in the Radio Times about her (Hellmans sponsored 🤭) show with Dr Rupy.
Here's one of her top tips for food waste:
MAKE SALAD SALSA
Limp salad leaves can be turned into the most delicious salsa verde to top meat, fish or veg — just whizz in a blender with olive oil, capers, garlic and mustard. You can add beetroot leaves, watercress, anything at all, really. People buy too much bagged salad and it always goes limp after a few days. It does cheer up if you tip it into water, but then you have to dry it again.
The idea to use up cheap ingredients that are already slightly off and use good expensive ingredients to make a meal out of it has always escaped my logic. This is complete nonsense. You would eat the salad with a vinaigrette, even minus the mustard.
Although food waste is not good it is sometimes better to let something go rather than create a new maverick dish with it because when you have got very little (speaking from experience), a crap meal will make you even more depressed. You would want to stick to simple meals...but I don't need to tell the cabal that...

• Heart
Reactions: 30
At this point, I think she’s fallen into a puddle. Just give us a sign LJC.

• Haha
Reactions: 28
Still showing for me...

While I was there I had a quick peek at her recent likes, and, well, I now feel like we've been robbed of a "Sorry the book's late/I can't do the engagement you've already paid me for, I've just had a SEVERE QUICKSAND INCIDENT" chaos.

View attachment 595237
How to ask 'Did you see The Hound of the Baskervilles, Journey to the Center of the Earth, The Land That Time Forgot, Tarzan, Swiss Family Robinson, Lawrence of Arabia, The Hulk or any number of Westerns as a child?' - without saying that you saw these things all using a similar plot device?

• Haha
Reactions: 23
Still showing for me...

View attachment 595237
How she's branded herself as a 70s and 80s kid when she grew up largely in the 90s and 00s is ridic. I know that's the tip of the iceberg with Jack and the grifting but it bugs me 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 36
If anyone is bored and missing Mx Monroe, here's the full judgement for Christian Jessen. It's pretty amazing reading about his social media behaviour, so much Jack-like stuff in there: https://www.judiciaryni.uk/sites/judiciary/files/decisions/MCA11481Final - Approved.pdf

- Lapping up the attention from followers and tweeting bollocks even on Xmas day
- Ignoring problems and hoping they go away
- 'Taking a social media break' then coming back repeatedly
- Vague posts about seeking medical help

From about page 20 it's just the judge picking apart all his bollocks about not getting the legal papers etc and it's glorious.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 56
If anyone is bored and missing Mx Monroe, here's the full judgement for Christian Jessen. It's pretty amazing reading about his social media behaviour, so much Jack-like stuff in there: https://www.judiciaryni.uk/sites/judiciary/files/decisions/MCA11481Final - Approved.pdf

- Lapping up the attention from followers and tweeting bollocks even on Xmas day

From about page 20 it's just the judge picking apart all his bollocks about not getting the legal papers etc and it's glorious.
The amazing thing is, these sorts of points are the ones we all continuously make across various different threads about influencers. Yet we get called trolls & threatened with legal action for it? What changes when it’s a judge (?) or solicitor saying the same tit? It’s always just been about them remaining above reproach.

• Heart
Reactions: 47

I was just reading that. That judge is a legend. The arrogance of the DR is showing.

• Heart
Reactions: 27
New thread!

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 25
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.