Jack Monroe #191 The sound of silence

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Insert Mutley sniggering gif
Yeah the food stylist got it wrong squig, except like you say it’s the recipe that’s wrong...also the food stylist wrote the recipe.

84F61843-E423-4A2C-9BA0-4F43AD9CD6D6.jpeg

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 56
I've been slowly, gently trying to put together a comprehensive list of Jacks. It's an impossible task as there are so many there's no way it can be exhaustive. Here it is, spoilered for extreme length. I've tried to group them to make it easier as trying to put them in order from least to most offensive is similarly impossible.

localities/nationalities
-Polish
-Scottish
-Northern Irish
-Estuary
-Greek
-American

activities
-knitting
-embroidery
-running
-make-up
-piano
-singing
-reading
-ancient TV series
-weightlifting
-bodybuilding
-budget crafting

jobs
-fire service (inclusive of Grenfell)
-journalist
-writer/author
-TV presenter
-cook

interests
-tank
-bridge
-Bond
-plants
-Asda receipts

LGBTQ
-non-binary
-filthy lesbian
-masculine aesthetic

medical
-sober
-arthritis
-ADHD
-autism
-black eye
-unspecified health problem
-long COVID

food
-vegan cheese
-plant milk
-Pot Noodle
-corner shop
-childhood food
-salad bar
-kombucha
-crisps
-flexitarian
-pescetarian
-trifle

identities
-single mum
-food bank user
-sober
-poor
-political
-pub uncle
-comedian
-legal
-zero waste
-sexy
-karate master
-ballet dancer
-Zoe Eccentricity
-4.5 GCSEs
-diagnosed gifted
-tattooed

hair
-no washing
-Irn Bru fright wig
-reverse rat's tail
-tragic undercut
-normal undercut
-mid 40s mum

miscellaneous
-tin opener
-lockdown rules
-designer fashion
-Liam Neeson/triangulation
-flower crown
-double denim
-passive-aggressive
-openly aggressive
-completed it mate
-caught sleeping
-blue tick arse lick
-Mary Poppins
-slapstick
amazing

was also thinking there's interior design jack, which itself can be split into sub-categories

sexy/hazardous kitchen makeovers
various reading nooks
porch photography
rosie the riveter crowbar
unorthodox wallpaper usage
skip jack

• Haha
Reactions: 31
Serial killer rust knife collector Jack
Kitchen transformation into windowless Gothic clutter Jack

• Haha
Reactions: 29
Sorry, don't know what this means. Could you please tell me?
Oct/Nov during the bubble buddy times, Jack posted J-1g leading the cabal to speculate that it was meant to be a private DM to someone who supplies 1 gram of something, the sort of something Jack implied David Walliams likes to henryhoover.

Then, in a famous “didn’t happen” moment Jack posted a number of nonsensical letters and numbers, and ta-da it turned out everything posted was done by sitting on the phone by mistake! Needless to say, we had the last laugh because in the middle of the nonsense it said Zoe Eccentricity, clearly The Mediterranean Arse was in charge of the keypad. Jack then, to prove that it was all spontaneous hilarity, changed their name to Zoe Eccentricity for about an hour. Everyone clapped and declared it the worst “covering up a massive error” ever.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 68
Oct/Nov during the bubble buddy times, Jack posted J-1g leading the cabal to speculate that it was meant to be a private DM to someone who supplies 1 gram of something, the sort of something Jack implied David Walliams likes to henryhoover.

Then, in a famous “didn’t happen” moment Jack posted a number of nonsensical letters and numbers, and ta-da it turned out everything posted was done by sitting on the phone by mistake! Needless to say, we had the last laugh because in the middle of the nonsense it said Zoe Eccentricity, clearly The Mediterranean Arse was in charge of the keypad. Jack then, to prove that it was all spontaneous hilarity, changed their name to Zoe Eccentricity for about an hour. Everyone clapped and declared it the worst “covering up a massive error” ever.
It really wouldn't surprise me if the cabal were really on to something. The West London luvvies are rife with marching powder, would have been an easy trap to fall into during her gauche days.

(Pure speculation, m'lud)

Reactions: 38
Where did the B&Bs but come from? Or is this another lie by omission/allusion from jack?
must've been grandad's guesthouses!

but, really, this is how she's got the squigs. she repeats that she's moved umpteen times, so the squigs think that she must've been shunted around b+bs and HMOs. whereas the reality is "executive" flat to west London to huge "bungalow"

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 47
Where did the B&Bs but come from? Or is this another lie by omission/allusion from jack?
Did you ever play The Picnic Game as a kid? You go around the circle, and say "I went to a picnic and I bought....", and then as you go along, you have to remember all the stuff people have mentioned so far.

Jack's entire life story is The Poverty Game. Each time she retells it, another detail has to be added. "I was in poverty and I was a sex worker, unplugged my fridge, spent two years at a food bank, went to a food bank once..."

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 57
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.