Jack Monroe #190 The sloppening

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The phrase "a slightly lower profile" has finished me. They make it sound like she went from A List superstar to...A- List.

I mean...I suppose in a way you've got to admire her self-belief, even if it is wholly misguided?
I always like to point out. She’s barely famous. Most people will only know her from suing KH and nothing else, and how long ago was that now.

Reactions: 39
I am starting to wonder if she's got legal (civil or criminal) stuff going on. That would definitely exert an influence over her use of social media.

We had the Go Henry thing.
We had the libelling of teachers.
We had the libelling of David Walliams.
We had the aggressive accusations directed at Chartwells.
We have alleged tax irregularities.

If someone is off their tits on booze and prescribed meds during the period covering the above, then going to rehab would be useful mitigation.

• Wow
Reactions: 71
I always like to point out. She’s barely famous. Most people will only know her from suing KH and nothing else, and how long ago was that now.
I hardly have my finger on the pulse of British stuff, but I do know a lot of Britons, and only three of them follow her. Two are very right-on and convinced she's doing good for the poor*, and the third is a journalist and member of the Tory party who she sometimes interacts with (he has a blue tick, of course).

* I once posted her allegedly Catalan stew recipe on my Insta stories to amuse my friends, and got a rather po-faced message about how I shouldn't laugh at Jack Monroe because she helps so many people. 🙄

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 69
That was brilliant! What a thrilling way to not do much work this morning. I enjoyed every bit of that article. Jack, as you read here, this is what a well thought out article about someone’s lies and manipulation looks like. Hopefully, the Guardian will be brave enough to do one soon.... or not 🤷‍♀️

Reactions: 35
That was brilliant! What a thrilling way to not do much work this morning. I enjoyed every bit of that article. Jack, as you read here, this is what a well thought out article about someone’s lies and manipulation looks like. Hopefully, the Guardian will be brave enough to do one soon.... or not 🤷‍♀️
Can't see the Guardian doing it.she has too much sympathy for being mentally ill, poor, the first transgender person in history etc etc.

• Heart
Reactions: 30
The article finishes with the below, no wonder people are confused about what exactly she did in the fire service.

“She joins me on the train back to London, and in the middle of a breathless story about fires she has helped to put out, just about manages to jump off at her stop.“

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 66
Oh no, it's too early in the day to see the Irn Bru Frighthair and read about made up wrist orgasms. Mind you, if I woke up with hair like that, I'd cringe so hard that my toenails might spontaneously orgasm out of confusion.

• Haha
Reactions: 53
Can't see the Guardian doing it.she has too much sympathy for being mentally ill, poor, the first transgender person in history etc etc.
Agreed. I also can't imagine the Guardian being willing to admit that they never bothered fact-checking, and gave her a platform to spew slop and nonsense for so many years.

Reactions: 43
Whenever we go down the Firefighting route I always think of these guys..

• Haha
Reactions: 33
I hope something happens soon. Luckily there is massive drama on our community FB pages because someone reckons they saw a Jaguar yesterday morning. I've seen the video it's obviously a cat, but people are going insane and refusing to leave their houses. A full chaos.

This reminds me that my parents local newspaper once had a woman claiming to have seen a 10ft python in the local woods.

In Central England.

Everyone decided it was probably a particularly large grass snake and she was exaggerating.

I do find out of place big cat sightings interesting though.

• Haha
Reactions: 22
I bet they had fun putting on the wristband when she went to hospital with her "black eye".

Nurse "Which wrist do you want us to put the band on Jack?"

Jack "Well not that one, you'll give me an orgasm."

As an aside, and off topic
I am finally off to London on Monday for my long awaited hospital appointment. Nearly 2 years after being referred and loads of rearranged appointments. Unlike Jack I can not afford to go private, so have had to wait my turn.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 90
We still haven’t found out what happened to the floor after Jack absolutely wrecked did the sexy kitchen makeover in February.

Screenshot_20210519-105701_Twitter.jpg

Screenshot_20210519-105732_Twitter.jpg

Screenshot_20210519-105644_Twitter.jpg

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 56
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.