Jack Monroe #190 The sloppening

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I think another thing that is “once and done” is her working relationships. I have lost track of the number of people she has worked with that then go onto do stuff all up in her niche but without her. She never gets invited back. Immediately springing to mind -

Daily Kitchen Live (and Sat kitchen),
I was just thinking this this morning, watching Saturday Kitchen Best Bites. they're starting to show highlights from last year (Anna Haugh's chocolate bar cake this morning), but they're not going to show anything from dkl are they?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 40
Do you think Del Monte can be added to the list or are they chaotic enough to re-employ her?
From everything we’ve seen, I honestly think they are. Del Monte HQ probably think it’s all going really well.

• Haha
Reactions: 37
I was just thinking this this morning, watching Saturday Kitchen Best Bites. they're starting to show highlights from last year (Anna Haugh's chocolate bar cake this morning), but they're not going to show anything from dkl are they?

DKL?

• Haha
Reactions: 50
Do you think Del Monte can be added to the list or are they chaotic enough to re-employ her?
Well - about 50% of the comments on their Insta posts are their own staff/associates so it can hardly be classed as a resounding success but it’s clear they have a shoddy run promo operation. Who knows - they are pimping her out enough in newspaper and magazine adertorials so she might squeeze another few sessions of filler and a new Cotswold out of them, before they realise they aren’t getting a 10th of the reach a Cooper pic or shoddy embroidery nonsense does.

Reactions: 34
there needs to be some kind of word for how slowly internet time passes. clicked on a couple of reacts from grunking fraus and it's only been a week since Hattie was here! 🤯

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 38
I just want to say congratulations to Jack for managing to be so restrained with Twitter and not have a public chaos for a while.

Hopefully. for her sake she will have reflected on where she is and move onto better, more emotionally healthy things.

I think lucozade might work in the sweet and sour instead of honey btw :)

• Heart
Reactions: 42
Bloody hell, I was just replying to another thread, typed in the word 'plenty' and 'of black pepper' popped up in my auto/next word box on my phone.
(Apologies, I've not been awake very long)

• Haha
Reactions: 49
I am actually hoping she will come out of this is a much better place and actually ready to do some proper work like it seemed like she started out with intentions of.

• Heart
Reactions: 32
Yeah, so ridiculous. ~Buy 2 copies of my book and give one to charity~ i.e. she doubles her sales plus pretends like she's doing something altruistic. When in fact all she's doing is doubling her sales.
Wonder how many of the books actually made it to a charity. 🤔

Reactions: 21
there needs to be some kind of word for how slowly internet time passes. clicked on a couple of reacts from grunking fraus and it's only been a week since Hattie was here! 🤯

I thought she represented herself well so this isn't meant in a mean way, but I couldn't help thinking of a young Hyacinth when she introduced herself.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 35
I just want to say congratulations to Jack for managing to be so restrained with Twitter and not have a public chaos for a while.

Hopefully. for her sake she will have reflected on where she is and move onto better, more emotionally healthy things.

I think lucozade might work in the sweet and sour instead of honey btw :)
She has ripped off that old Slimming World classic - diet coke chicken. I've seen people use Fanta too.

• Sick
  • Wow
Reactions: 33
I am actually hoping she will come out of this is a much better place and actually ready to do some proper work like it seemed like she started out with intentions of.
Me too. Despite what she might think of us, I genuinely wish her well.

And like @hollowhusk said, I’m impressed she’s been more restrained on social media.

My keyboard always makes this insightful prediction after “Compton” 😆

8C07B261-1F0F-4FC6-A9D2-A6B315BDDFF7.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: 51
That’s it though, hey. All the Full Time Meals recipes look doable, uncomplicated, affordable and edible. Without even joking, the stuff that Jack suggests as ‘recipes’, especially all the disgusting Del Monte things aren’t even comparable in terms of appeal 😂 It’s a ruddy joke that she’s even talked of in the same breath.
#saltypeachlesspoca
And there is also Jamie Oliver getting up in everyones niche at the moment with his ubiquitous internet recipes.

Tinned chopped tomatoes are fine, and actually quite useful for some things. The Tinned Tomatoes where its literally two whole vaguely spherical red lumps in a load of luminous goo, not so much.
I heard Jack recommend getting your hands in there and squishing them up. Better quality apparently than using the already chopped. I think I heard JO say so too. I have a suspicion that chopped tomatoes may contain a lot of ends. I have tested this theory by rinsing cheap spaghetti sauce. 🧐

She seems to be saying that how low an oil's smoke point is and its oxidative stability/how soon it goes rancid are related, but I thought they didn't really correspond at all?
Didn't she say it goes rancid quite quickly if you fry in it? Which would not make sense. Is she meaning that she reuses it several times, and it goes rancid quicker than veg. oil?

If you go to rehab, do people call you out on what you say?
Remember that Jack was looking for a support group of media types with trolls. If Jack complained how awful their situation was, do you think it is likely that anyone would point out Jack invites replies by posting so much?
I don't mean 12 step meetings, I mean if she is in some sort of group therapy.

Can no longer add to my mega post. Am going to bed soon if no one replies to me :(.

Last edited:
  • Sick
Reactions: 32
Jack famously”slightly undercooked” pasta, this looks like it’s been done for a bit longer. Like the sort of stuff you’d get at a Mission Inn Star restaurant.

• Haha
Reactions: 38
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.