Jack Monroe #190 The sloppening

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Yeah, so ridiculous. ~Buy 2 copies of my book and give one to charity~ i.e. she doubles her sales plus pretends like she's doing something altruistic. When in fact all she's doing is doubling her sales.

Anyhoo, I just had a Singapore curry Naked pot noodle thing and I added some peanut butter before I put the water in and truth be told it did improve it.
I don't think it worked her isn't delmont bundling them away.

Reactions: 18
Yeah, so ridiculous. ~Buy 2 copies of my book and give one to charity~ i.e. she doubles her sales plus pretends like she's doing something altruistic. When in fact all she's doing is doubling her sales.

Anyhoo, I just had a Singapore curry Naked pot noodle thing and I added some peanut butter before I put the water in and truth be told it did improve it.
she didn’t invent the peanut butter thing so don’t worry.

I do think the book thing was the first point I was questioning her motives, I didn’t really follow her much but was aware of her and I remember finding this to be really odd!

• Heart
Reactions: 31
I don't think it worked her isn't delmont bundling them away.
As far as the public's concerned, she's had her moment in the spotlight and now they've moved on, those that have heard of her anyway. She isn't relevant and is less than Z list.

She's still the blue tickers' and media's favourite POV though but that just indicates how divorced they are from the majority of people. The more chaos, incompetence, public clapback, and rudeness they experience, the fewer of those there will be.

Reactions: 36
She just sounds like Phil Daniels to me in this.

🎶

“I used to use olive oil quite a lot in my cooking
back when I had oil to burn”
PARKLIFE!

“When I first started making risotto dishes on my blog
I was using normal long grain rice”
PARKLIFE!

“To me sweet potatoes are a tragic food
I don’t eat too much of them because they make me sad”
PARKLIFE!

“Tragedy mash is what I have for myself
when I’ve had a tragic day”
PARKLIFE!

🎶
I think her whole life is one extended version of PARKLIFE opportunities 😂

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 32
I've tried the pear cake and it was bland AF. If you have a tin of pears you want to use for baking, please find a better recipe (that's the pear 'chocolate' cake I'm referring to, not sure if there are others).
So it's neither nice and edible nor a total scuffin chaos? You could've told me before I spent 60p on the apple sauce :confused:

• Haha
Reactions: 39
The oil is oil thing has reminded me that she didn't specify which kind of oil to use in the headrush spaghetti. I went for olive oil because I thought it'd be the least jarring. The only way it could've been worse was if I'd used vegetable oil. Or coconut oil. Mmm... unctuous. As a special treat, here's a mega zoom in on the sauce (??) ingredients.

delicious sauce.jpg

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 71
The oil is oil thing has reminded me that she didn't specify which kind of oil to use in the headrush spaghetti. I went for olive oil because I thought it'd be the least jarring. The only way it could've been worse was if I'd used vegetable oil. Or coconut oil. Mmm... unctuous. As a special treat, here's a mega zoom in on the sauce (??) ingredients.

View attachment 576748
That's a food tragedy :(

I was BUSY! ;D
I'm now really tempted to throw in a load of chocolate chips in the hopes the kids will eat it, but feel it's not in the spirit of the cabal cookalong.

• Haha

View attachment 576748
I thought that was the granola recipe before i read the post.

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 34
The thing I have gathered especially from this week's cook offs.

For instance when I give food to food banks I try to make a days food.

Breakfast cereal, usually crunchy but cornflakes and long life milk

Lunch tinned tuna and pasta.

Dinner tinned meat stewing steak, tinned carrots and tinned potatoes. Beef stew

Its very basic but it's filling and substantial and would at least ensure there is something reasonable to eat. She tries to go fancy and makes a hash of it.

Poverty people shouldn't have to eat basic but basic edible food outweighs fancy inedible slop.

• Heart
Reactions: 44
The part of me that's convinced I have innate cheffing skills thinks that sounds like a pretty good idea

Red Bull is very bitter once it's not chilled (and chugged down in one). My immediate reaction is that it would taste more like Jack's soul and heart than something anybody would ever want to eat.

• Haha
Reactions: 35
As far as the public's concerned, she's had her moment in the spotlight and now they've moved on, those that have heard of her anyway. She isn't relevant and is less than Z list.

She's still the blue tickers' and media's favourite POV though but that just indicates how divorced they are from the majority of people. The more chaos, incompetence, public clapback, and rudeness they experience, the fewer of those there will be.
I think another thing that is “once and done” is her working relationships. I have lost track of the number of people she has worked with that then go onto do stuff all up in her niche but without her. She never gets invited back. Immediately springing to mind -

Daily Kitchen Live (and Sat kitchen),
Dr Rupi web show (and his new C4 season with Hellmans proudly sponsoring), Dancing around demanding a masher with Marcus (and Full Time Meals),
Veganuary (and I would bet my house Linda Mc. won’t “collaborate” again)
This Morning - raw pasta anyone?
Sainsbo
Guardian recipe slot

Pls add, cabal - it would be interesting to see how badly “rumours of her being difficult to work with” have spread.

• Heart
Reactions: 55
I think another thing that is “once and done” is her working relationships. I have lost track of the number of people she has worked with that then go onto do stuff all up in her niche but without her. She never gets invited back. Immediately springing to mind -

Daily Kitchen Live (and Sat kitchen),
Dr Rupi web show (and his new C4 season with Hellmans proudly sponsoring), Dancing around demanding a masher with Marcus (and Full Time Meals),
Veganuary (and I would bet my house Linda Mc. won’t “collaborate” again)
This Morning - raw pasta anyone?
Sainsbo
Guardian recipe slot

Pls add, cabal - it would be interesting to see how badly “rumours of her being difficult to work with” have spread.
Do you think Del Monte can be added to the list or are they chaotic enough to re-employ her?

• Haha
  • Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.