Jack Monroe #190 The sloppening

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Sounds very much like someone suggested it and then Jack retconned that into "Oh I definitely had this idea in my science brain just a couple of days ago'.

Screenshot 2021-05-21 at 14.58.12.png

• Haha
Reactions: 39
I keep eggs same place as Jack, with the tinned fish, butter and tinned fruit.
In the shop. Because I don’t eat any of those things, alone or together.

• Haha
Reactions: 27
I am enjoying a lovely chaos-free holiday, but would like to check in to note that Jack Monroe believes that cooking something will have the same result as not cooking something.

Screenshot_20210521-162814_Chrome.jpg

I don't care if she never chaoses again, as long as we keep getting these recipes to laugh at.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 51
Still bored at work...so have been looking at "who is" which gives information about Domain names. "cookingonabootstrap.co.uk" was only registered in 2019, and has no content. Veganonabootstrap and bakingonabootstrap are both still available. It's SO cheap to buy domain names, even if only to stop other people from buying them. And costs very little to have them forward to your actual website. I don't get why Jack wouldn't do this.

• Heart
Reactions: 27
for someone who constantly mangles language, she really overuses "yummy" i mean, twice in 2 paragraphs is just daft.

and "slopped onto rice", mmm, appetising! 🥴

Screenshot_20210521-153607_Chrome.jpg

oh god, I've just noticed the onions are acerbic too!

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 40
I keep eggs same place as Jack, with the tinned fish, butter and tinned fruit.
In the shop. Because I don’t eat any of those things, alone or together.
I'm sorry, you don't eat buttered fish with scrambled eggs and tinned pineapple?

That one's mine by the way Jack.

• Haha
Reactions: 25
Sounds very much like someone suggested it and then Jack retconned that into "Oh I definitely had this idea in my science brain just a couple of days ago'.

View attachment 583962
A little way down from that extract she mentions another recipe of hers that uses tea. Banana and tea curry anyone?

ETA I found the ingredients but no recipe. It also contains tinned mandarins and yogurt. Tasty.

Last edited:
  • Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 31
She put tea in her hideous grated corned beef chilli as well, as if the visceral horror of the slowly disintegrating pink beef chunk wasn't enough to put you off ever eating again, let alone that dish specifically. Looking at the recipe she says you can substitute the corned beef for any tinned meat. Some tinned hot dogs in brine would go lovely in there I reckon. You can also sub the beans for any beans, including frozen peas. Who the flippin frickin duck puts frozen peas in a chilli?

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 45
She put tea in her hideous grated corned beef chilli as well, as if the visceral horror of the slowly disintegrating pink beef chunk wasn't enough to put you off ever eating again, let alone that dish specifically. Looking at the recipe she says you can substitute the corned beef for any tinned meat. Some tinned hot dogs in brine would go lovely in there I reckon. You can also sub the beans for any beans, including frozen peas. Who the flippin frickin duck puts frozen peas in a chilli?
To be fair to Jack, she does brew up a slow cooker's worth of tea a day. It's gotta go somewhere! :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: 33
Hot dog and pea chilli. Mmmmmmmm.
Who’s going to volunteer to make that?

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 29
Hot dog and pea chilli. Mmmmmmmm.
Who’s going to volunteer to make that?
I now know what she means by reverse engineering food! She reconstitutes cheap cat kibble into its original ingredients. Although I would rather eat a serving of Go-Kat than one of her Sloppenings

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 26
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.