Jack Monroe #190 The sloppening

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Her bio has been blank for a week or so. Sticking my head above the parapet to say I would happily never post on her thread again if Jack takes our ‘advice’ and stops posting triggery crap. I wish her well, honestly. I’d be happy if there was never a chaos ever again, considering SB.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 72
Just wondering how @JayRamShamFour is getting on. If Jack stays on this course of minimal chaos there is hope they can be with us in real time in a few weeks. Keep going JayRam!
This is great news! Unfortunately my grunkering has slowed down due to my children having a cold but I am getting back on course now.

A tad late with this but purely for triangulation purposes, I have a round head smelling of Armani She 😉

Love to u all, u lovely cabal 💖

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 37
My wife turned thirty today and one of her friends posted a throwback to her birthday in 2008. She looks so much like Jack in it I wish I could post without triangulating us both. I mean she'd probably let me post it but I really don't want to have to explain why.

Anyway it was very unnerving.
Not the Irn-Bru fright wig look?

• Haha
Reactions: 25
Just dropping this straight into the mix, apologies if it lands during a chaotic cluster of chaos’s. Haven’t posted my free food for the POOR pics for a while. This was free from my local social supermarket, tins, fresh meats, frozen food, cereals etc are at a reduced price. What would Jack do to totally annihilate all this lovely healthy food? Answers on a beige postcard.
E2B1D6A7-F4B1-4A4D-9F3B-9869A909B005.jpeg

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 56
Just dropping this straight into the mix, apologies if it lands during a chaotic cluster of chaos’s. Haven’t posted my free food for the POOR pics for a while. This was free from my local social supermarket, tins, fresh meats, frozen food, cereals etc are at a reduced price. What would Jack do to totally annihilate all this lovely healthy food? Answers on a beige postcard.View attachment 583869
Well you know she'd wait for that bag of salad to go off before sticking it in a curry blender, for a start.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 49
The foodbank MC Dad and I go to every week is so supportive, they gave us a giant haul of cat food today which was so appreciated. Sometimes the veg isn't in great condition but we did get a big tin of hot chocolate and a box of Twinings along with about $100 worth of groceries. They also pay for two of my prescriptions a month.

The first time we went MCD was embarrassed and felt awful, he's not used to being poor. The ladies there love him, a big tattooed beardy man with a camera roll full of fluffy cats.

• Heart
Reactions: 60
Just dropping this straight into the mix, apologies if it lands during a chaotic cluster of chaos’s. Haven’t posted my free food for the POOR pics for a while. This was free from my local social supermarket, tins, fresh meats, frozen food, cereals etc are at a reduced price. What would Jack do to totally annihilate all this lovely healthy food? Answers on a beige postcard.View attachment 583869
Apple and carrot curry thickened with blended breadcrumbs and served with a tomato and salad leaf raita (no yoghurt? All liquids are the same so swap to water; no cucumber? Don't worry, a raita doesn't need it).

• Haha
Reactions: 37
I still have second hand anxiety about those beige postcards and the Patreon nonsense. It gives me palpitations when I think I've forgotten to do something, or haven't fulfilled an obligation. How can Jack take money every month from around 300 people -and not do what was promised? It's like "being Jack Monroe" is enough. Massive bighead.

• Heart
Reactions: 47
I think the food bank backtracking happened around Dec/Jan and I feel it was very much due to the cabal questioning the holes in the story -

Referrals in 2011/2012 England you needed a referral(and an actual official paper voucher sometimes) to a food bank and it was “rationed” to a certain number of visits, such as 3 visits per 6/12 months.

Formula Jack claimed to be drinking SB’s milk formula, however food banks don’t “officially” give formula, also babies can get formula via vouchers if the family has low income, that’s always been the case the Health Visitor/GP arranges that, also why would a child over 12 months be given formula?

Visits Jack went to the food bank for the first time and saw a family friend was volunteering there, so immediately fessed up to Mum, in cast the friend blabbed. Horrified Mum and Dad rocked up at Jack’s place with bags of shopping, full of concern the next day.

Benefits there was some poster here who claimed to be in a Facebook group (to do with parenting I think) with Jack at the time Jack was setting up the craft/embroidery hustle, and says the group were imploring them to apply for benefits for the sake of SB and a certain Tory pixie wanted to make it on their own

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 48
I got the impression from one of her descriptions of going to the food bank (I forget which one, there have been *so many*) that she tagged along with her friend rather than planned it with a referral.

• Heart
Reactions: 40
Hang on, I thought 'Thrifty Shades of Beige' was a Cabal joke... is it an actual name of a tier on Jack's patron?!

• Haha
Reactions: 57
Hang on, I thought 'Thrifty Shades of Beige' was a Cabal joke... is it an actual name of a tier on Jack's patron?!
Yes, it is! Isn't it funny when you find out what you thought is a joke is real? I thought the glove thing was an in joke until I saw it explained to someone else.

• Haha
Reactions: 35
Benefits there was some poster here who claimed to be in a Facebook group (to do with parenting I think) with Jack at the time Jack was setting up the craft/embroidery hustle, and says the group were imploring them to apply for benefits for the sake of SB and a certain Tory pixie wanted to make it on their own
There was also the very illuminating "Mummy works" response to SB...asking why she wasn't claiming benefits? Because that's something we're expected to believe happened? Whether true or not, it lays bare her privilege and the ableist, middle-class attitude she seems to have always had towards benefit claimants (see also the "We don't all sit at home eating junk food and watching Jeremy Kyle" comments from a few years later). A lot of people don't have a choice whether to claim or not.

• Angry
  • Heart
Reactions: 54
The rule of Jack club: if it seems a ridiculous joke, Jack said it 😂

I will stop posting on these threads when Jack posts an apology to her Patreons and refunds them for the last 6 months of shite all.

Then, because we all know she can't fulfill these obligations, she closes down her Patreon altogether and removes the tip button from her Twitter.

If Jack has enough (unfounded) belief in her own writing/'food' then she shouldn't need to be funded by those less well off than herself.

If not, get another job Jack.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 56
While looking for more information about the girl boss crafting era Jack (now almost completely wiped from the internet), I came across this recipe...

Look at the nutritional value they've worked up. It's beyond a joke. In my opinion advocating dinners with this few calories is dangerous.

20210521_143916.jpg

• Wow
  • Angry
While looking for more information about the girl boss crafting era Jack (now almost completely wiped from the internet), I came across this recipe...

Look at the nutritional value they've worked up. It's beyond a joke. In my opinion advocating dinners with this few calories is dangerous.

View attachment 583946
Good god. Why, if you are replacing the wine with tea, do you need to put tea in the recipe title? It wouldn't be be called Mushroom and wine bourguignon. I have done my bit for the rest of eternity with the pineapple rings; this one is on someone else.

And does she really think that the end result will be the same whether you use a sportsdirect mug or a Le Crueset small coffee mug? Dick.

• Angry
Reactions: 35
Indeed it is, only £10 per month to NOT receive a weekly recipe card on premium A5 card, with pictures! As well as access to the monthly discount code (posted max 3 times in 9 months)

The website name was purchased at one point but was under construction, then it was no more.

There was also the very illuminating "Mummy works" response to SB...asking why she wasn't claiming benefits? Because that's something we're expected to believe happened? Whether true or not, it lays bare her privilege and the ableist, middle-class attitude she seems to have always had towards benefit claimants (see also the "We don't all sit at home eating junk food and watching Jeremy Kyle" comments from a few years later). A lot of people don't have a choice whether to claim or not.
And don’t forget that cheaper house share of 5, where the lightbulbs were removed??? there was an admission that it was really moving home with the parents. Although, since March this year, it is moving home to parents because of the primary school teacher stalker.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 36
Jack: I'll starve them out, they can't possibly keep these threads going forever

The housefraus: *begin counting their teeth*
Thread 876: we all start sharing stories about how we lost our virginity and how many eggs we currently have in our fridge.

• Haha
  • Heart
Thread 876: we all start sharing stories about how we lost our virginity and how many eggs we currently have in our fridge.
We have 4 eggs and I have about a quarter of an ovary on the left side. 16 at my boyfriend's mum's house... Lmao.

• Haha
Reactions: 29
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.