Jack Monroe #190 The sloppening

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Dearest cabal!

I have just started watching Unforgotten (like Jack, I am perpetually behind the zeitgeist).

It is very strange seeing Southend, as it had almost become a mythical place in my head. It looks quite nice, smarter than some seaside towns.

I’m keeping an eye out for small figures in hooded raincoats darting about (like Don’t Look Now).

Please, no spoilers, we’ve just finished Series 1.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 38
Also if I was really really wanting a "forever home" I would get myself into a job that has a regular salary to save in order to do so. Freelance is great and all but not reliable as a source of income.
Now that her son is in big school, there is nothing stopping her returning to full time paid employment. She is clearly happy to leave her son in his father's care evidenced by her 5 (or is it 6?) weeks away , alone in her aparthotel. So nothing stopping her.

Surely the Fire service would jump at the chance to re-employ Jack for her vast knowledge alone. After all, wasn't she pivotal in the post Grenfell investigation? Pawing over the plans, phoning other experts, attending the area the next day, and speaking to the firefighters in attendance.

Nahh, scratch that. They couldn't wait to get rid of the workshy know it all. She'd never get a job back there. Once bitten, twice shy.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 79
Long ranty post about the obscenity of the watch deleted.

How many £20 shops could that Omega have bought?

LOTS.
Although to be fair, the Omega watch may have been fantasy or massive exageration - just to show how far she had fallen and so quickly, just as I think the 27k salary may have been exaggerated.

Fits in with the 'only a paycheck from destitution narrative.

Reactions: 34
Now that her son is in big school, there is nothing stopping her returning to full time paid employment. She is clearly happy to leave her son in his father's care evidenced by her 5 (or is it 6?) weeks away , alone in her aparthotel. So nothing stopping her.

Surely the Fire service would jump at the chance to re-employ Jack for her vast knowledge alone. After all, wasn't she pivotal in the post Grenfell investigation? Pawing over the plans, phoning other experts, attending the area the next day, and speaking to the firefighters in attendance.

Nahh, scratch that. They couldn't wait to get rid of the workshy know it all. She'd never get a job back there. Once bitten, twice shy.
The hospitality industry is desperate for staff. She could do FOH because her daily 22k steps around the house and 18 hour days prove that she has the stamina.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 44
My kids were lucky enough to benefit from the child trust funds that the government used to give to kids when they were born, and I put money in for them every month. I wouldn't dream of buying either of them a 5K watch though- the money will be for study or a house deposit I hope.

I just watched all of Unforgotten too, after a recommendation here- loved it. We are watching Luther next. I am officially homesick so cheering myself up with British Crime.

I have seen a couple of episodes of Luter years ago, but had forgotten them. In the first episode there is a crime where the gun is hidden in a dog which is subsequently cremated, and then the gun is discovered in the Urn by the eponymous hero. My huband could not suspend his disbelief for this bit.

• Haha
Reactions: 36
🧐
F09C73BC-955E-4A20-A98D-20A1AE470000.jpeg

I need to stand down and let the big girls do the investigations- this is not the account 🤦‍♀️🤣However, the real FizzBangPop account has blocked peeky mink - I think that someone is reading here, possibly trying to learn how to cook, behave, parent 🤷‍♀️

Last edited:
  • Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 53
She can’t do a normal PAYE role as she won’t get paid a fraction of what she gets grifting. £27k straight out of school with just GCSEs only happens through nepotism, if her dad isn’t recruiting her then she’d be hard pushed to achieve that again. She has no actual skill set, no discipline, no life skills, no social skills, nothing.

At a push she may be able to steal some sort of diversity or representation role off an actually marginalised person in publishing (assuming she’s been written off in TV but is still the token pov of publishing?) but we all know how shockingly that pays.

• Heart
Reactions: 51
🧐
View attachment 579118

I need to stand down and let the big girls do the investigations- this is not the account 🤦‍♀️🤣However, the real FizzBangPop account has blocked peeky mink - I think that someone is reading here, possibly trying to learn how to cook, behave, parent 🤷‍♀️
011C0531-38DC-4040-AB9B-8468D2921C3F.jpeg

Apolos for incorrect account but Someone’s got to do a chaos around here whilst our smol chef is letting us down. So this is PM who has been blocked by FBP.

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 36
I'm in awe of your detective skills @Dogmuck 🙌
I’m a complete twitter novice but I was having a smart meter installed so couldn’t really do much and decided to go on Twitter and look at PM, they posted that FBP had blocked them. I got completely the wrong end of the stick, tried to find FBP, found the wrong account, got all excited, posted here, went back checked my records...FAIL. It serves me right for trying to muscle in on the true detectives.
Smart meter now installed...I’ll stick to what I know...my domestic duties 😂😂😂

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 35
Dearest cabal!

I have just started watching Unforgotten (like Jack, I am perpetually behind the zeitgeist).

It is very strange seeing Southend, as it had almost become a mythical place in my head. It looks quite nice, smarter than some seaside towns.

I’m keeping an eye out for small figures in hooded raincoats darting about (like Don’t Look Now).

Please, no spoilers, we’ve just finished Series 1.
I went on a day trip to Southend over the summer. We used to go there a lot when I was a kid and I remembered it being a bit run down and tit. It was quite nice. They’ve improved the promenade area and there seem to be nice suburban areas. It’s hardly the edgy, knife crime seaside town she likes to portray.

Jack lives in the posh bit anyway.

• Haha
Reactions: 34
I’m a complete twitter novice but I was having a smart meter installed so couldn’t really do much and decided to go on Twitter and look at PM, they posted that FBP had blocked them. I got completely the wrong end of the stick, tried to find FBP, found the wrong account, got all excited, posted here, went back checked my records...FAIL. It serves me right for trying to muscle in on the true detectives.
Smart meter now installed...I’ll stick to what I know...my domestic duties 😂😂😂
Sounds like the sort of thing I do.

1. Neighbour gets scaffolding.
2. Watch for days trying to figure out why.
3. Send Mrs T round for a nose.
4. Mrs T comes back with the news that they are growing rhubarb in their allotment.
5. Scaffolding comes down.
6. 😖.

• Haha
Reactions: 39
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.