Jack Monroe #188 Jack sits on a train of lies

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
***Veering OT but don't know how to retrospectively add a spoiler :

I do this, I try to keep it just to one part of my head, unfortunately the part I've chosen is right at the front and have very thin patch at my parting!
Have always picked at something until it bleeds or is ugly or painful, for as long as I can remember, choosing one very specific place for a number of years and then moving to another one. Do you mind me asking what the treatment is for you?
I have so many different ocd / anxiety traits. I feel like I have lost a lot of time to these destructive behaviours and that I could have achieved so much more if I didn't keep getting caught up in these thought and behaviour cycles!
@Shawads, tried to send a dm, but it said I couldn't. :( So I have put my reply to you in a spoiler so as not to go off topic. Anyone is welcome to read it, nothing too personal.
Hi, Thought I would try using the direct message rather than go off topic in the thread.
The hair twisting and pulling out is really difficult behaviour to explain to other people, isn't it? I really just can not stop myself. People think by pointing out what I am doing I will stop, but I am doing this deliberately and consciously. I am not doing it out of habit, it is an overwhelming desire.

I am telling you, but I am sure you know exactly how I feel.

I went to the doctor, as I haven't done this since my early 20's and the patches were so obvious I felt self conscious and quite frankly ashamed. We discussed it at length, and my other body focussed compulsions (I rub my thumbs together until they bleed, scratch my legs until they are raw). It seems that if for any reason you can't twist your hair you replace one body focussed behaviour with another. You need to deal with the root cause rather than that one behaviour.

They tried the usual options, counselling, which was on the phone due to covid, but was quite good. We also tried CBT distraction techniques with squeeze balls etc, without much success, though it might be worth a try as I am finding it useful now I am on medication. They said wear a beanie hat indoors, but as you might guess, I just stuck my hand under the hat! They said wear gloves, but the compulsion is so great that I just took them off.

Finally the doctor has prescribed bright red lipstick. Just joking, got to make light of it with someone who knows what I have to contend with. I have never met anyone else that does the same, it is really is a relief to know I am not on my own.

Anyway I have finally started anti anxiety medication. I am really finding that is helping. Not completely stopped, but in combination with the distraction techniques, it is much better. I was reticent to start the medication, as I take enough other medicines, but I gave it a go. I take sertraline daily and I am sure it has helped.

I felt stupid going to the doctor, but once I went, I realised I should have gone much sooner. Hair is slowly growing back.

Take care and let me know how you get on.

Aren't we due a chaos?

• Heart
Reactions: 66
I wonder if they will wrestle back their phone for a forensic insight into the Labour Party reshuffle ...or they are on tenderhooks waiting for a call from Sir Keir ..(or will we get a chaos because LJC will have to go back to the office )

• Haha
Reactions: 35
I wonder if they will wrestle back their phone for a forensic insight into the Labour Party reshuffle ...or they are on tenderhooks waiting for a call from Sir Keir
Might be a conflict of interest given her work with Bright Blue, the tory think tank 😬

• Haha
Reactions: 38
That's wierd.
Why (heaven forbid Jack or a loved one has cancer as I wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy) are the support group 'outing' this undisclosed info?
I would be bloody livid if it was me.
I personally don’t think they have, I think it’s just a random well wisher they wouldn’t of put who they were if it was her. She knows what she’s doing replying though because you are going to put 2 and 2 together.

• Sad
Reactions: 39
It definitely feels like Jack knew that tweet was coming. Their hints about how ill they are haven’t received any attention, so this is a desperate attempt to get the squiggles sympathy. It was only a few days ago that Jack tweeted about not going into details, and that clearly didn’t result in the avalanche of questions they wanted. Surely if you are ill enough to not have your son with you, you’re also too ill to waste time looking for attention from strangers?

• Sad
Reactions: 54
It definitely feels like Jack knew that tweet was coming. Their hints about how ill they are haven’t received any attention, so this is a desperate attempt to get the squiggles sympathy. It was only a few days ago that Jack tweeted about not going into details, and that clearly didn’t result in the avalanche of questions they wanted. Surely if you are ill enough to not have your son with you, you’re also too ill to waste time looking for attention from strangers?
It is like she needs validation. She must be lacking something in her real life to need attention of strangers.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 47
Whilst there’s no ‘rule book’ (for want of a better term) for how to cope with severe illness, I find it hard to believe that Jack would be private about a significant diagnosis. People can surprise you but this is a person who actively tweets their bowel movements and overtly mentions every diagnosis they have ever so much as googled. I find it difficult to imagine Jack keeping quiet if she had such a significant illness. She’s crumb dropping because she’s Jack Monroe and a) she’s not lying (and can say the cabal of haus fraus is ‘crazy’ and jumping to conclusions) and b) she can probably get a few tips and a bit of attention off the back of it.

• Sad
  • Angry
Reactions: 47
View attachment 566527

Also in Jack’s likes from today. Birds of a feather grift together and all that.

I wonder if Jack ever banged out the article in 10 minutes for Breakdown magazine like she said she would, or whatever it was she was supposed to do.
A few tweets further down, Hattie says that she didn't go to university (so no student debt) and landed her dream job at 19. A quick search tells me she was 19 in 2015.

These people don't need Twitter, they need personal finance skills. DESPERATELY.

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 64
This is a test receipt from a blue tick for the Twitter tip jar. I said PayPal take a 33% cut (after reading the comments under the tweet) but I think that's incorrect. Set fee + a smaller percentage?

Screenshot_20210508-215337_Fenix.jpg

• Wow
Reactions: 29
A few tweets further down, Hattie says that she didn't go to university (so no student debt) and landed her dream job at 19. A quick search tells me she was 19 in 2015.

These people don't need Twitter, they need personal finance skills. DESPERATELY.
So she pretty much spunked a bunch of funds on the credit cards and internet strangers paid them off for her?! You go, girl!

(obvious sarcasm is obvious)

• Angry
  • Sad
Reactions: 52

Agreed, also now more than ever there’s SO much help out there if you’re in financial difficulty - mortgage holidays have been such a thingTM, even HMRC are giving extensions, I find it incredibly difficult to believe that grifting on Twitter is the first and only option someone has. There’s also such a difference between I’m short this week and can’t buy food & I’ve got a debt with a bank that has to abide by regulations so cannot push me into financial difficulty for repayments?

Cannot understand why/how the low level journo blue ticks have elevated beyond us mere mortals and need their random debts paying off by others ASAP?

• Heart
Reactions: 49
Checked out journo lady who is 'thousands of pounds in debt ' and 2 tweets later is gushing over some table that was basically being given away on FB marketplace ....definitely from the JM school of spunking money on vacuous tit ,if you're that much in debt surely stuff like that is a no-no atm.

• Sad
  • Angry
Reactions: 48
£400 from strangers without having to lift a finger is not much? duck off.
It's so disingenuous. Isn't it.

If she is truly unwell then honestly get well soon. If you want the world to know the. Just bit the bullet and tell them. It's not nice to have people second guessing.

We didn't shout from the roof tops my dad was ill but if people asked we said yes and that was that.

There is loads of people growing through cancer stuff perhaps if she reached out she could get help from people in the same boat.

I still think it's odd that a support group tweeted her something so personal in a very public place.

Reactions: 36
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.