Jack Monroe #187 Who does she think she is, flippin' Cher?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I've said it before but I reeeeeeally want a badge that says 'Onion Police' or 'Chop Chop'

I would wear the tit out of that

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 56
The shirt is of a particular taste,. Not quite sure what that is yet, surely she be better showcasing a few items before flexing her sewing fingers.

Also if she's planning on opening a one man sweat shop she will defo need ones of the schmancy sewing gadgets, she needs plenty of Dino snores and cat naps and slow cooked tea drinking time.

Is no one aware of her body of work!!!!

• Haha
Reactions: 31
Can you run a business from an aparthotel?
Edit: rephrased genuine question to sound like less of an edgelord.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 52
I want an artistic depiction of the lung she planned to cough up when DKL was recommissioned.

On a grey marl sweatshirt, please, Jackie.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 48
The embroidery thing is cracking me up. I sew, knit, and make beaded jewellery. In fact, I make the vast majority of my clothes. Every time I put a picture up of something I've made, some well-meaning person will say, "Ooh lovely, will you make me one?" or something similar.

Normally I say "haha no, but here's a link to the pattern!" If they persist, I point out how ridiculously expensive my services would be. Occasionally I rant in private to a friend about how so many people think I should monetise my leisure time.

The other thing is...I'm pretty good, but I'm not a professional. I mean, I'm better at sewing than Jack is at embroidery! When I sew, I can fit my own body well, but I've never had to learn to adjust for someone who's tall or long-waisted or broad-shouldered etc. I'm also lazy at times, and I won't redo something that's a bit crooked or whatever because I'm the one who'll be wearing it. So I can't make things to a professional standard, but if I did lose my mind and decide to take commissions, I would nevertheless have to charge a very high amount due to the cost of raw materials and my time.

Every other crafter I know gets SO pissed off at being offered commissions, told to go pro, etc etc. It's one of the most common annoyances that we talk about - in fact, I was literally discussing this yesterday with a friend who does pottery as a hobby. It's something we all hate.

...so OF COURSE the one person who goes "yes my work is great and I should monetise it" is Jack bleeping Monroe. Of course it is.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 113
For the fraus getting JW letters/calls on the last thread, if you don’t mind lying they’ll knock you off their list if you say you’re Jewish.

Source - I am (emphasis on -ish) and they never come back, colleagues have lied with similar effect.

Other religions may also work of course.
They reckoned they couldn't take me off the list because of GDPR, so I'd just tell them to piss off. They even tried doing it when I was picking up dog poop once. Seriously wtf, absolute weirdos. Used to be funny when they'd try the vicar next door though.

• Haha
Reactions: 30
That Insta celeb faces page is utterly insane. People look like aliens, which is funny, but the sly touch ups are more awful. Take an inch off, brush the wrinkles and take skin tone up a few shades....if I hadn’t seen the before/after, I would never have guessed. Absolute bottom of barrel though is ‘shopping kids!?! Making little girls bottoms shapelier or thinner. Those parents need arresting, not rewarding.

I need to move to the Arctic, or the Amazon jungle. This world is just too much for me!

• Heart
Reactions: 40
The embroidery thing is cracking me up. I sew, knit, and make beaded jewellery. In fact, I make the vast majority of my clothes. Every time I put a picture up of something I've made, some well-meaning person will say, "Ooh lovely, will you make me one?" or something similar.

Normally I say "haha no, but here's a link to the pattern!" If they persist, I point out how ridiculously expensive my services would be. Occasionally I rant in private to a friend about how so many people think I should monetise my leisure time.

The other thing is...I'm pretty good, but I'm not a professional. I mean, I'm better at sewing than Jack is at embroidery! When I sew, I can fit my own body well, but I've never had to learn to adjust for someone who's tall or long-waisted or broad-shouldered etc. I'm also lazy at times, and I won't redo something that's a bit crooked or whatever because I'm the one who'll be wearing it. So I can't make things to a professional standard, but if I did lose my mind and decide to take commissions, I would nevertheless have to charge a very high amount due to the cost of raw materials and my time.

Every other crafter I know gets SO pissed off at being offered commissions, told to go pro, etc etc. It's one of the most common annoyances that we talk about - in fact, I was literally discussing this yesterday with a friend who does pottery as a hobby. It's something we all hate.

...so OF COURSE the one person who goes "yes my work is great and I should monetise it" is Jack bleeping Monroe. Of course it is.
I know someone who is a fantastic knitter who can knit anything she puts her mind too with a bit of thought and practice.

She did a project for fun a while back using a fancy wool she liked the look of, it turned out that particular wool didn't go far and she ended paying a small fortune to complete the project not to mention man hours. The final product was fab but no way would they have gotten their money back and profit as it just wasn't worth it.

If she thinks she gets pittance for books wait till she see what people will pay for a naff shirt.

Reactions: 46
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.