Jack Monroe #187 Who does she think she is, flippin' Cher?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
It’s definitely there for me. Can’t believe how quick she’s jumped onto it.

Just shows what her true love is, money.

Anyone fancy sending her 1p and saying “STOP GRIFTING” as the message?!
I'm actually appalled by the level of grift within her!!! She's literally just spent five weeks in a nice hotel yet thinks she's entitled to tips off the regular folks because she's so poor and needy.

Have some humility Jack, at the very least, nominate a food bank charity any potential tips to be forwarded on to. This is proper low.

• Heart
Reactions: 57
This is the worst thing I’ll write on here and I’m sorry guys / God but she’s spent more time with the tip jar than her own son, just absolutely horrific.
On a grunk. My thoughts exactly. It’s a terrible thing to even think, isn’t it ? Xxx

• Heart
Reactions: 22
I have no problem with Patreon accounts when they are providing a service. In fact, I think it's been an excellent way that artists etc have been able to diversify their offering when their workstreams have been limited in a pandemic.

Jack hasn't provided a Patreon update in 6 months.

The tip jar/donations is the same. There are so many GoFundMes floating about now. Many are a reaction unfortunately to our welfare systems being decimated. But there are grifters out there who don't need said funding pages or tip jars aka Jack. She earns more from one contract (Hellmans) than I did for a year's work 5 years ago. Thankfully I never donated but I was certainly her target audience.
Same. I support a comic on Patreon, there are regular updates and if they ask for suggestions, they respond and credit if they use them, unlike Jack.

The artist recently had a bereavement so there was a gap, and nobody that I saw minded because they posted a message with a brief update on what happened and they would be back in two weeks - none of Jack’s either oversharing or U K hun vaguery.

Jack and her ilks bullshit harms people’s perception of patreon and consequently harms other creators who actually use it properly. But I suppose as long as she’s got her sideboard money coming in, she doesn’t care,

• Heart
Reactions: 38
So this was one of the reasons why she couldn't fully come off twitter and had to keep coming back to remind people she was not well and not on SM.
She is so calculating.
I bet she still counts this 5 week hotel, embroidery stay as WORK. She is providing content fools, and deserves payment for it.

I imagine we can expect a full on tugging at the heartstrings grift in 3...2...1...

• Heart
  • Angry
Reactions: 49
It’s definitely there for me. Can’t believe how quick she’s jumped onto it.

Just shows what her true love is, money.

Anyone fancy sending her 1p and saying “STOP GRIFTING” as the message?!
I’ll do it, think I’m far enough away she won’t come round and kick my shins

For the benefit of the court proceedings, only joking your honour Poca

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 38
Jack when she spots a new squiggle enthusiastically interacting with her tweets.
View attachment 563454
I can't believe how quickly she's jumped on this new opportunity to grift, except upon 3 milliseconds of reflection I absolutely can believe it.
Just spat out my coffee. Absolutely hooting!
On a serious note, this is absolutely gross behaviour by Twitter. If it’s deemed that tipping does have its place on their forum, I’d like to see some more solid discernment over which accounts can use such a feature.

• Heart
Reactions: 33
Jack when she spots a new squiggle enthusiastically interacting with her tweets.
View attachment 563454
I can't believe how quickly she's jumped on this new opportunity to grift, except upon 3 milliseconds of reflection I absolutely can believe it.
Sorry to quote you again but I think 'how much has it got in its pocketses' could be a Thread Title contender!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 63
On the bright side, the drought will be well and truly over we’ll be treated to some heavily embellished tales in the coming weeks...

64758D86-589A-4B94-9175-42AE6CA2E56A.jpeg

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 78
On the bright side, the drought will be well and truly over we’ll be treated to some heavily embellished tales in the coming weeks...

View attachment 563510
Might also include the wild card of vet bills for beloved pets. People can't resist that (there's a top tip Jack).
And of course the old favourite 'working 100 hours a week for no money for YOU'.

• Angry
  • Heart
Reactions: 44
Babe, same. What gives me a bad feeling about it is that Twitter is not just encouraging and enabling grifting, they’re normalising it. I don’t want to sound all tin foil hat, but I get a feeling it could have serious social and cultural repercussions. It’s hard to explain, it’s just one of those gut instinct feelings.
And of course, as others have said, people that are genuinely in need will be too ashamed to ask, and the ones most likely to donate are those that don’t have much spare themselves.
Sidey B, I know what you mean. It's this culture of tipping and donating that is on some level fundamentally wrong. Of course I tip waiters and taxi drivers, etc., because that's how our society works, but actually, it would be much better if everyone would just earn enough from their job. Same with foodbanks - I give to them but still think they shouldn't exist.
Anyone who has ever spent any time in the USA knows how crazy it gets. Yes, you don't pay income tax (or very little compared to most EU countries), but fundraisers are everywhere and you are absolutely expected to give to the local school, the girl scouts, the neighbour with cancer, etc. All well and good, but that's how society becomes unequal. In a nice neighbourhood people have lots of money to do a massive fundraiser for the local library. In a poor neighbourhood not so much.
Tipping a person may make you feel good, just as giving money to a homeless person does, but it really isn't the most effective or fair way to deal with the distribution of wealth. And in relation to our favourite poverty princess, it just enables a grifter.

• Heart
Reactions: 61
She jumped on the Twitter tip jar train so fast she must have given herself whiplash. Her behaviour completely contradicts her so called ‘bootstrap’ ethos. So gross, she’s just a grifter and a beggar expecting money purely for nothing.

Why am I so shocked?

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 62
OF COURSE Jack would be one of the first to switch on the tip jar. The fact she can justify doing so to herself and will probably get donations is just so sick and wrong.

• Heart
OF COURSE Jack would be one of the first to switch on the tip jar. The fact she can justify doing so to herself and will probably get donations is just so sick and wrong.
That is the mindset I will never understand. She genuinely believes she deserves something for absolutely nothing - (just existing). This 'zero fucks given' persona she thinks she has covers up the deeply ingrained belief she is a perpetual and hard done by victim, and that somehow society needs to financially compensate her for this. None of it is her fault.

Might also include the wild card of vet bills for beloved pets. People can't resist that (there's a top tip Jack).
And of course the old favourite 'working 100 hours a week for no money for YOU'.
Another “she left” too or alternatively “today is the 1 year anniversary of my heartbreak....”

• Haha
Reactions: 30
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.