Jack Monroe #187 Who does she think she is, flippin' Cher?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Co-parenting is complicated though, and particularly in Jack's case there has been so much misdirection in the past that silence can almost seem like a better option (and possibly preferable for the child/other parent concerned)?
I know & would never usually comment on any co parenting arrangements as it must be heart breaking for all involved to be separated. Tbh I don’t feel bad cos she regularly goes on about how awful being a single mother to him is, the relentless work of loading the washer, yet can spend 5 weeks in a hotel room in Aldgate? She’s an utter ghoul. I’m glad she’s stop monetising and exploiting the poor child for #content tho yes

• Heart
Reactions: 55
We have mandatory ID checks in liquor shops, so no feeling vaguely flattered when they ask!

I wouldn't feel bad at all @heretoreaditall2019 She's not bothered about SB, and it's been pretty obvious this last year that he's not really *there* in her life, and that's probably for the best really

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 35
I know & would never usually comment on any co parenting arrangements as it must be heart breaking for all involved to be separated. Tbh I don’t feel bad cos she regularly goes on about how awful being a single mother to him is, the relentless work of loading the washer, yet can spend 5 weeks in a hotel room in Aldgate? She’s an utter ghoul. I’m glad she’s stop monetising and exploiting the poor child for #content tho yes
The thing is, she entered into motherhood knowing she would be a co-parent, she's never truly been a single mother imo, she's had a lot of support that she chooses not to talk about as it'll dent the authenticity of her poverty spiel. It's more than obvious she is the not the main caregiver anymore, and we should feel thankful for that in a way. Jack is a spiralling hot mess, that's not healthy for a kid to be around, nor should a parent want to expose that to their child. I really hope she can get herself back in a better place to be able to be a stable person in SB's life.

• Heart
Reactions: 49
I'm trying to enjoy a cup of tea in the garden but a robin is doing a very loud incessant alarm call because of my cat, who couldn't give less fucks if she tried

I love our neighbours the robins but they've already shat on my washing and now this one's shitting on my me time 😬

terrifying threat to birdlife:
20210507_100034.jpg

on topic, if Jack has resolved to leave SB off social media I applaud that decision esp as he is reaching an age where it's going to affect him more directly.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 76
I used to go out with a teacher who refused to tip taxi drivers. He said.. 'Why should I? No one tips teachers".

I did understand his point but it provoked a lot of inner horror. 😬
I tip drivers, delivery men and waiters. I do not entitled people who think they are owed it.

Reactions: 32
I have no problem with Patreon accounts when they are providing a service. In fact, I think it's been an excellent way that artists etc have been able to diversify their offering when their workstreams have been limited in a pandemic.

Jack hasn't provided a Patreon update in 6 months.

The tip jar/donations is the same. There are so many GoFundMes floating about now. Many are a reaction unfortunately to our welfare systems being decimated. But there are grifters out there who don't need said funding pages or tip jars aka Jack. She earns more from one contract (Hellmans) than I did for a year's work 5 years ago. Thankfully I never donated but I was certainly her target audience.

• Heart
Reactions: 55
Here’s a tip for you Jack.
Get a job

you can have that one for free
This is what I don't get, if being freelance is so badly paid why don't these people get regular jobs and do the freelance as a side hussle, I get they want to make money from their art and enjoy their work etc but if it isn't paying for itself whats the point.

• Heart
Reactions: 38
I don't get the greediness of it all. Yes, we all want to be comfortable but I'd be way too embarrassed to ask for money in that way. She's not even providing a service, and she gets paid for everything else she does.

Not an ounce of shame or humility and I still remember her referring to the Cabal as a bunch of addicts and other nasty slurs. Horrible woman.

*disclaimer- my brother and my step dad often send me money but they're my family I don't f'n ask for it. I repay them by singing old Marty Robbins songs down the phone. They love it.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 47
Is the explosion in social media grifting, soon to be further enabled by the new Twitter tip jar functionality, a suitable story to send to LJ “send me stories” C?

4C477990-DCBA-41DA-A866-E05D81344BB6.jpeg

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 54
I can't see the Tip Jar function on her profile.

Am I right in assuming they've taken this function down whilst they work out how to stop the tip recipient from getting the tipper's address?!

Reactions: 26
The thing is, she entered into motherhood knowing she would be a co-parent, she's never truly been a single mother imo, she's had a lot of support that she chooses not to talk about as it'll dent the authenticity of her poverty spiel. It's more than obvious she is the not the main caregiver anymore, and we should feel thankful for that in a way. Jack is a spiralling hot mess, that's not healthy for a kid to be around, nor should a parent want to expose that to their child. I really hope she can get herself back in a better place to be able to be a stable person in SB's life.
Agree with this. I’ve a couple of friends who freely admit that their husbands/partners are not men they would necessarily choose to spend their lives with but they wanted children and they knew these guys would stick around and do a good job of being a father. I’ve got mixed feelings about this because, on one hand, I had a deadbeat dad and it was crap but on the other, is it ok to place a lifetime of responsibility on someone? Case dependent, I guess.

My point being, if we don’t think Jack - who is “off Twitter” but enabled her tip jar at the first possible second after weeks of pretending to have cancer - would make a calculated choice to seduce a kind and unassuming man to get the baby she desired, we’re being far too forgiving. It’s a plan she made and then complained non-bleeping-stop about, using it to build a brand and enrich herself despite having no talent, no skills, no soul.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 52
I'm trying to enjoy a cup of tea in the garden but a robin is doing a very loud incessant alarm call because of my cat, who couldn't give less fucks if she tried

I love our neighbours the robins but they've already shat on my washing and now this one's shitting on my me time 😬

terrifying threat to birdlife:
View attachment 563294

on topic, if Jack has resolved to leave SB off social media I applaud that decision esp as he is reaching an age where it's going to affect him more directly.
Yes, I feel uncomfortable about saying negative things about Jack as a parent, because we really don't know And this is one of the few things I will speak up for Jack

I think it is very difficult to get the balance right, too much of the children on SM and you get, quite rightly criticised. Too little and you get accused of ignoring them.

I think that wherever her son is he is safe happy and looked after and Hopefully, Jack is in regular contact with him.

Although enabling the tipping jar on Twitter 22 seconds after it became available is gritting of the cunto level

• Heart
Reactions: 50
Getting alcohol delivered to home when lockdown - I showed him my oap bus pass but he couldnt accept it because it didnt have my d.o.b. so had to fetch my passport.
Pissed me off that the deliverers are not allowed to make judgements ( I dont look under 25)

• Wow
Reactions: 21
I can't see the Tip Jar function on her profile.

Am I right in assuming they've taken this function down whilst they work out how to stop the tip recipient from getting the tipper's address?!
I don’t see it either! I really hope that’s the case. Even if they sort out the address issue, it’s still just such a bad idea.

Reactions: 26
This is what I don't get, if being freelance is so badly paid why don't these people get regular jobs and do the freelance as a side hussle, I get they want to make money from their art and enjoy their work etc but if it isn't paying for itself whats the point.
YES!!!! I have a ...creative business...which is great sometimes, and rubbish at other times. So, I work 2 days a week in an office, which I love. I am lucky enough to work with really nice people. I think I would lose sight of reality if I was just in the studio 7 days a week. I have used "I" 8 times in this post. Am I Jack? (10 times actually including those last 2)

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 50
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.