Jack Monroe #187 Who does she think she is, flippin' Cher?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
WHY is this a thing, that people like her can be in receipt of monetary gifts just for breathing. It makes me want to weep for all the people desperately in need, and not in possession of a mouthpiece, or middle-class blue tick enablement.

It’s so maddening her little tip jar’s been activated for the fools to donate money to. Her plight? Being a workshy can’t-cook shouldn’t cook with a leftover chippy chip on her shoulder. It’s all too easy. I haaaate it.

Can’t believe Harry broke out the double denim. Must be some sort of reverse protest.

• Heart
Reactions: 88
Can you send minus amounts?
Someone should request money from Jack and put in the comments they spent their last tenner on ingredients for Peach and Chickpea curry from Jack's book and had to bin it, so they want reimbursing for the food and the book.

• Haha
Reactions: 52
Just spat out my coffee. Absolutely hooting!
On a serious note, this is absolutely gross behaviour by Twitter. If it’s deemed that tipping does have its place on their forum, I’d like to see some more solid discernment over which accounts can abuse such a feature.
Bib FTFY

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 19
This 'zero fucks given' persona she thinks she has
This is what I just don't get either. She is someone that is supposedly a campaigner, someone that fights on behalf of the poor. Surely giving a duck is fundamental in successful campaigning.

Those that are most passionate about an injustice, and people that really do make a difference, are those that care deeply and give plenty of fucks. Perfect example of someone who gives a duck and is turning out to be her nemesis, is the lovely Marcus Rashford.

Sorry for all the bleeping swearing 😳

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 66
A Twitter tip jar option?! Not surprised she jumped straight on that but I despair at the fact it even exists.
Jack hun, your basic witch opinions on sweets/sandwich shapes and lukewarm takes on last month’s news aren’t worth actual payment. Absolute scammer

• Heart
Reactions: 46
Wow. I’m not shocked she’s straight on the tip jar thing but I am a bit sad about it. There are genuine people squiggles could donate to and they’re going to give this idiot money instead.

The tip jar link on her Twitter wasn’t showing for me about an hour ago but it is now.

• Heart
Reactions: 38
This is what I just don't get either. She is someone that is supposedly a campaigner, someone that fights on behalf of the poor. Surely giving a duck is fundamental in successful campaigning.

Those that are most passionate about an injustice, and people that really do make a difference, are those that care deeply and give plenty of fucks. Perfect example of someone who gives a duck and is turning out to be her nemesis, is the lovely Marcus Rashford.

Sorry for all the bleeping swearing 😳
She stopped giving a duck when it turned she wasn't the most special most amazing anti poverty campaigner on twitter or in the world. Rashford did more in a year, than she's done over the course of a decade. Tom Kerridge has been writing about low cost recipes since like 2013, and Miguel Barclay has outflanked her on the £1 recipes or whatever it is he's doing. And she doesn't care at all. She's just being an animal abusing gobby shite on twitter and getting praised for it, because she's a conventionally attractive woman.

I wish she'd duck off into obscurity

• Heart
Reactions: 64
So hang on... Those who donate get a Paypal receipt with the payees home address? Surely that's a terrifying prospect for someone who lives in perpetual fear of stalkers?

• Haha
Reactions: 51
I used to follow Jack and even tried her recipes (salad bag pesto, bleeping revolting). I stopped following her after her constant complaining about bullying, of which I saw zero evidence, did a quick google and found myself here :). I always thought she was a bit of a grifter but I didn't really dislike her, she was more of an annoyance. But I now absolutely dislike her, and I rarely say that about anyone. The speed with which she set up the Twitter tip jar, while supposedly on a break, has just confirmed my feelings. She's an absolute bleeping disgrace and if she had any degree of self awareness she'd be ashamed of herself.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 88
So hang on... Those who donate get a Paypal receipt with the payees home address? Surely that's a terrifying prospect for someone who lives in perpetual fear of stalkers?
I thought it was the other way round, she got yours 🤪

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 22
I find people who say they don't give a duck are those that do. Jack can't take any criticism without jumping down people's throats. Which is a shame when you're in a career that does sometimes come with public criticism.

Remember when she tried to say she was sensitive to criticism because she had ADHD?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 54
100% with you. No food should feel 'guilty' to eat is my reasoning for getting just as riled up as yourself. Plus I'm a carb queen, do not demonise my starchy sisters, yo! :ROFLMAO:

Jack doesn't even understand flavours or measurements, nutrition is waaaaay too advance for a smol pixie mind.
Starchy Sisters unite! We want chip butties!

I am so, so behind (worked as a poll clerk today and I’m bleeping knackered), but just have to jump in and say that this is so obviously an English person pretending to be Scottish because NO SCOTTISH PERSON REFERS TO THEMSELVES AS SCOTCH. It’s a dead giveaway.

Happy to be corrected by other Scottish Frauen, but I’m pretty certain that it’s mostly Americans who mistakenly refer to things as ‘Scotch’.
Scotch is tape

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 29
'a workshy can’t-cook shouldn’t cook with a leftover chippy chip on her shoulder'

Well hello next thread title @Pocahontas

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 74
As a tax frau - tips are taxable. Tips in restaurants, bars, everything. Employers need to operate a tronc and deduct income tax. So these little tip jars will hopefully be triggering some investigation by tax authorities.
I say hopefully because they are currently reviewing CJRS claims and clawing back incorrect furlough payments *cough*

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 55
I find people who say they don't give a duck are those that do. Jack can't take any criticism without jumping down people's throats. Which is a shame when you're in a career that does sometimes come with public criticism.

Remember when she tried to say she was sensitive to criticism because she had ADHD?
And the time she claimed she wasn't responsible for what she was posting because she was in a post PTSD fugue state.

Although looking back she probably meant she was pissed

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 36
Honestly I wish people would just give this ",tip jar money" to actual worthy causes i.e food banks, homeless shelters etc. It really upsets me that these people are taking money that could be used to actually help someone on the bones of their arse.

Society really needs to take a hard look at themselves. They bang on and on about the welfare state being a shambles yet stand with their hand out yet people who actually have nothing have to make to with nothing because they aren't waving a begging bowl.

• Heart
Reactions: 47
Thread title suggestion: "Rattle-rattle-rattle, please tip me to pay for my law suit against Tattle*"

*the imaginary law suit of course

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 50
Wow, what a bleeping travesty on Twitter eh? Not in the least bit surprised that our top bleep has activated the tip jar. She was probably up all night waiting for it to go live. She really is a parasitic nasty wee piece of work.

ETA this won't help her twitter addiction either. She will be constantly on there on jumping through chaos hoops to earn moolah.

• Heart
Reactions: 50
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.