Jack Monroe #187 Who does she think she is, flippin' Cher?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
This new tip feature says it all to me about what Twitter is like and who it is for these days - the sense of entitlement and self-importance of those who think they are leading the national conversation is sickening.

If followers are stupid enough to give Jack and others money out of their own pockets because they ‘do so much’ without engaging any critical thinking skills about that actually means, or who is getting their money and their personal data, then they deserve everything they get.

• Heart
Reactions: 55
I tip everybody- hairdresser, delivery guy, waitress, taxi, nail lady, hotel room cleaner. I’ve done some of these jobs and tips are appreciated, plus a lot of these people are on very low wages. It’s a big tipping/ gifting culture in the Middle East though, as I’ve probably said before; our Year 11 and sixth form students left this week and teachers got big presents from their classes worth hundreds of pounds- things like sky dives and fancy jewelry.

my husband has a soft heart like me. He says he gives to a few patrons and doesn’t care if the people send the promised podcast (or whatever), he does it to support people he likes on Twitter.

• Heart
Reactions: 37
Jack setting the tip jar feature on twitter 0.00000001 seconds after it goes live ....wondering because of their 'meeja'contacts they knew something like this was coming so that's why the Americanisms have been growing recently....mining new markets ? ( thinking out loud your honour 🤔)

• Wow
  • Sick
Reactions: 53
just randomly checked about 20 accounts i follow and... jack's the only one that's got tip jar set up

loads of complaints from people saying the recipient gets your home address on the tip receipt too!
Of course she does...bet she was waiting until the stroke of midnight or whatever for it to go live so she could do it 😡

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 37
A new book shop opened nearby today and the locals have been very excited about it (🔺). I popped in for a gander - they have a great big cook book section, all the classic Nigellas, Hughs, THAT MANs in there, then some of the newer veggie/vegan books, but no sign of our smol pixie. So strange eh 🤔
is the bookshop run by a cabal of mendacious frauds?

• Haha
Reactions: 31
No time to tweet about full time meals. So so busy with treatment. Yet found the time to work out the tip jar feature.
This is the worst thing I’ll write on here and I’m sorry guys / God but she’s spent more time with the tip jar than her own son, just absolutely horrific.

• Sad
  • Angry
Reactions: 64
This is the worst thing I’ll write on here and I’m sorry guys / God but she’s spent more time with the tip jar than her own son, just absolutely horrific.
No need to be sorry. It's been bothering me and I'm not even a mother. I'm sure most of us feel the same way, and not one single regular on this thread would think less of you. ♥

• Heart
Reactions: 38
So I've just had a good look through some of the people I follow, then tried to look up "creators and authors" and I'm struggling to find anyone else with it on. I'll keep looking though! I thought some of the ones that I like that have patreons for their podcasts (and actually give their patreons content) might have it but nothing yet.

• Wow
Reactions: 29
It's for their forever home! (The ridiculousness of her saying she needs a 'forever home' for her and her son, who will be moving out to get on with his own life in about 5 years' time, has struck me anew).

• Heart
Reactions: 49
It's for their forever home! (The ridiculousness of her saying she needs a 'forever home' for her and her son, who will be moving out to get on with his own life in about 5 years' time, has struck me anew).
She’s not seen him in about 5 weeks now, her forever home could be a studio flat tbh. We’ve been speaking about it too so if she could she’d have posted something to disprove it... 🤷🏻‍♀️

(honestly feel so bad being this ruthless sorry but still only operating at 10% of how disgusting she is)

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 50
jack: i'm off twitter, need to focus on recovery

also jack: i must get this new free money thing on twitter set up straight away!
You’ve got her number! She is utterly shameless

If he hasn’t gone already

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 34
The squiggle that Jack is sending "fancy schmancy" cutlery to has a "monzo.me" begging bowl as a pinned tweet. 🙄

Birds of a feather and all that. They are exactly the same as the people begging at the side of a cashpoint. In fact they are much, much, worse. At least those begging on the street do not live in a 4 bedroom, 2 bathroom, bungalow with stairs. These grifters are without shame.

As an aside, the HMRC are really interested in these scams, and the undeclared income a lot of these online beggers are getting.
If she starts posting about Al Capone, we’ll know they’re on to her.

• Haha
Reactions: 30
I honestly think she daren't promote it. She would get a backlash.

Although she would definitely do a "I've been ill/it's impacted my finances/the first rule is we don't speak of the ApartHotel/I'm LEAVING the crappy bungalow" to any naysayers

Reactions: 46
If she wanted stability for her kid growing up, perhaps she should have thought about it several years ago, and not moved houses a billion times.

• Heart
Reactions: 41
Similar story, I got asked for ID buying a DVD in HMV in my mid 20s and still looked pretty youthful into my early 30s... second child leeched all vestiges of beauty out of me :ROFLMAO:
I'm 33 and got asked for ID for a can of Monster the other week, I assume because only children buy them. Smiled at the woman and said I didn't have any and she put it through anyway and goes 'oh it's ok I could tell when you smiled'. Crow's feet are coming in nicely then.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 68
I got ID'd for wine in Marks a while ago, it was part of one of those meal deals. There was a big queue behind me and I panicked and was looking through my wallet going 'tit, I don't have any on me'. The cashier took a beat, looked at me, and said "I was JOKING". The people waiting in the queue all burst out laughing (it was genuinely one of those 'everyone laughed' moments). Embarrassing!

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 66
She really is such a horror. She should just put a line through all of the rubbish in her Twitter bio and just say "It's all about the money. I don't give a flying duck about anything or anyone else".

Is that too many characters? I don't know much about twitter.

• Heart
Reactions: 47
I'm 33 and got asked for ID for a can of Monster the other week, I assume because only children buy them. Smiled at the woman and said I didn't have any and she put it through anyway and goes 'oh it's ok I could tell when you smiled'. Crow's feet are coming in nicely then.
I don't know, I'd see that comment meaning that you were so happy to have been misdaken for underage and ID'd that you smiled and it means you were definitely old enough 😂

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 29
She’s not seen him in about 5 weeks now, her forever home could be a studio flat tbh. We’ve been speaking about it too so if she could she’d have posted something to disprove it... 🤷🏻‍♀️

(honestly feel so bad being this ruthless sorry but still only operating at 10% of how disgusting she is)
Co-parenting is complicated though, and particularly in Jack's case there has been so much misdirection in the past that silence can almost seem like a better option (and possibly preferable for the child/other parent concerned)?

Reactions: 23
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.