Jack Monroe #186 The bromelain in canned pineapple is denatured

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Course back in the day Cyprus had mandatory army service for all men over the age of 18 or something...very difficult to spend any length of time in the Republic and dodge your service even until they joined the EU.

Reactions: 20
Had similar when I asked for a glass of white lemonade in a pub when I first went to uni, much confusion with the barman mentioning they didn't have White's lemonade. I quickly learnt English pubs only had 1 colour of lemonade.
it is so funny how niche this brown lemonade thing is, I have learned so many random things from this thread :LOL: is it just northern ireland or also the republic?
[/QUOTE]
Red Lemonade for us..

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 28
it is so funny how niche this brown lemonade thing is, I have learned so many random things from this thread :LOL: is it just northern ireland or also the republic?
Red Lemonade for us..
[/QUOTE]
Jack probably fondly remembers bottles of kickyball special too! 😂

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 21
My Grandad was from ROI and I remember having the brown lemonade convo. So I’m guessing it applies there too. I would check but im afraid he’s DEAD.

• Haha
Reactions: 32
Wondering what I can make for dinner, looked in my cupboard, any ideas?
IMG_20210501_172231.jpg

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 78
That's a nice looking tin of tomatoes you got there, do you mind sending me the empty can once you're finished with it?
It's by a lovely local artisan producer (Waitrose). I'll only post as far as Australia, just need to stock up on sparkly mailers.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 61
The Harvester salad bar borefest was the day before I got an account here although I'd been reading on and off for at least a few weeks beforehand. The reason I signed up was because I got fed up with not being able to see attachments. That fateful night was obviously the final straw for me, I just had to know the details of the salad bar. I assume. I don't remember it in granular detail so I can't recount every unbearable detail like Jack would.

Talking of granular Jack - she's infiltrated my sample packs library. Can't wait to make a granular chaos!

granular whalesong.png
chaos guitar.png

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 43
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.