Jack Monroe #186 The bromelain in canned pineapple is denatured

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Meanwhile, over on the Twatter hellshite, the Jackolites are still discussing old timey sweets.
Activist. Campaigner. Saviour✊🏼

It's quite the platform for social change, no?

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 58
My kids were really into YouTube a couple of years ago. My younger daughter was really obsessed with The Family Fizz and now I have read about them on here I think they are #problematic. Jack’s target audience aren’t really on YouTube though- they are centrist do-gooders on Twitter, not actual poor/ young people.

Reactions: 21
Yes the mamapapa Apple does not seem to have fallen far from the tree, explains a number of things
- press attention seeking
-dad jokes sense of humour
- shark eyes
- valuing all things military and royalty based

To be fair though Essexgirl told us Papa Mamapapa is well liked and respected in the local area as a good bloke so I don’t know that we can actually blame him

Reactions: 38
I’ve got a mental picture of Jack’s dad roller skating in to stop her selling the tv so they can still play Just Dance.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 37
I don't know whether this is on topic or off, but I couldn't help but think of Jack as I was reading this https://www.theguardian.com/lifeand...ntal-influencer-nearly-broke-me-bella-younger
This is very interesting. To me at least.

I've often wondered if Jack sees herself on Twitter as a persona, an act and there is a different person behind the scenes. I suspect that was the intention but lines are blurred now. Clearly Jack loves the attention and likes these engagement tweets give which is not healthy long term.
One minute Jack wants to be seen, the next worrying about privacy. If they controlled better what was posted on Twitter it wouldn't be an issue.
Must be due a delete spree soon, it's been a while. Also hoping for a bit of a chaos to keep me company over the weekend!

Reactions: 34
This is very interesting. To me at least.

I've often wondered if Jack sees herself on Twitter as a persona, an act and there is a different person behind the scenes. I suspect that was the intention but lines are blurred now. Clearly Jack loves the attention and likes these engagement tweets give which is not healthy long term.
One minute Jack wants to be seen, the next worrying about privacy. If they controlled better what was posted on Twitter it wouldn't be an issue.
Must be due a delete spree soon, it's been a while. Also hoping for a bit of a chaos to keep me company over the weekend!
Someone said many threads back that she sees herself like Lorraine Kelly sees herself playing Lorraine and I suspect that’s probably true. But while LK presumably has distance, Jack’s lines are very blurred.

Reactions: 28
Crisp sandwiches are so good! Butter and softy-soft white bread. Yum.
For me, crisp (or chip, if I can be bothered) are quintessential comfort food. Fond memories of crunching up the crisps I got for lunch at school and putting them into my generic unbuttered ham sandwich ( :sick:)to make it taste a bit better!!

• Haha
Reactions: 22
Chip butties remind me of going for tea at my aunties and we would have something with chips and tomato sauce (so not all beige) with buttered white bread on the side. My favourite chippy at home does buttered rolls for 50p with your chippy dinner. It’s proper comfort food.

Reactions: 30
FFF37156-EF21-47E9-99A9-DB286735F9B8.jpeg
Brown lemonade for those that were asking courtesy of “the Maine man” who is the tooth decay equivalent of the milk man.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 41
It would be astonishing of both Jack and brexit tin theif Lord Jesus Compton to be in a relationship that at least 50% of the participants refuse to publicly acknowledge.

• Haha
Reactions: 45
It would be astonishing of both Jack and brexit tin theif Lord Jesus Compton to be in a relationship that at least 50% of the participants refuse to publicly acknowledge.
If they are in a relationship, I suspect the lack of acknowledgment has been pitched as hiding it from/not attracting trolls towards LJC. Which ofc it wouldn’t but it sounds reasonable on the surface.

Reactions: 35
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.