Jack Monroe #186 The bromelain in canned pineapple is denatured

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
)
The joke is on the Diva awards, as this shows exactly what a tit/unprofessional influencer she is. Beyond Tattle, nobody is talking about her winning this. What an influencer, eh?
Dear heart Nigella congratulated her, as did the smol person who shall not be named. She hadn't replied to either last time I looked.

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 35
This particular version of Food Nostalgia Jack can't hold a candle to her finest incarnation: Covid Jack, bravely tweeting long lists of random food in the grip of a fever so high it would have killed an average human being.

20210501_085549.jpg
20210501_085601.jpg
20210501_085613.jpg

She never did clarify if the KFC buckets were rare as in uncommon or rare as in undercooked (like her upside down chicken).

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 57
Going back to the acceptance speech video I don't think she looks unwell, I think we're just so used to seeing her perfectly smoothed in the soft glow of the rejuvenating pink curtains or a perfectly placed sunbeam that changes her complexion to a healthier hue. She does appear to be attempting to roll her eyeballs back in her head to see if she still has any of her brain left which is disturbing. She still needs that undercut sorting as well and I dearly wish that Lord Jesus Compton would put that poor mercilessly skewered blazer out of its misery like she did to the Tower Bridge python.
That 'acceptance' speech was nothing like an acceptance speech. She was on a whole nother planet. She clearly wasn't partaking in the watching of the awards or she'd have realised straight away that her half arsed non practiced word for word speech of absolute disingenuousness (might have made up that word) was not appropriate to the job.
She really just needed to say thank you and what the award means to her.
I believe she's buried it because she is cited as being an influencer.
The one job she never mentions in her bio or opening gambits anywhere.
She has been officially demoted and publicly given an award for her new job title.
We need to shout it from the rooftops on her behalf.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 37
You know what I really want right now frens?

A mooshed banana sandwich on soft soft white bread.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 35
God, that list. Reminds me of Scarlett O'Hara when she marries Rhett and finally has food after the hungry Civil War years.

• Haha
Reactions: 28
This particular version of Food Nostalgia Jack can't hold a candle to her finest incarnation: Covid Jack, bravely tweeting long lists of random food in the grip of a fever so high it would have killed an average human being.

She never did clarify if the KFC buckets were rare as in uncommon or rare as in undercooked (like her upside down chicken).
Wow. I missed it the first time around. This is awful. I guess covid makes some people delerious?
Someone alluded to something to do with harvester menus. Was that Jack or an urban myth?
If it was Jack please could somebody kindly share? I live near a harvester so could be useful Intel for me

• Haha
Reactions: 29
That food list 🙄 She really does like to imagine she grew up alongside her parents in the 60s and 70s.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 46
We had the dog one too. Also our school must have been a healthy school as we had cucumber instead of chocolate as phallic stand in of choice

eta snap @bladiesla!
It was curling tongs/wands in my school. Presumably switched off and cooled down 😂

And the memorable example of young love in one of the maths classrooms that led to a shout of “We weren’t having bleeping sex, I was only giving him a blowjob” echoing through the corridors 😂 (the shout happened, the level of echo has probably been “enhanced” in our memories ever since).

(LJ)Christ, Jack would have been eaten alive at a school like mine, allegedly stolen scalpel and all.

• Haha
  • Wow
Wow. I missed it the first time around. This is awful. I guess covid makes some people delerious?
Someone alluded to something to do with harvester menus. Was that Jack or an urban myth?
If it was Jack please could somebody kindly share? I live near a harvester so could be useful Intel for me
She and Mrs J (our Lord Jesus Compton) went to Harvester for salad. Jack wanted to propose over salmonella based lettuce, but managed to hold out until later that night when they were watching soaps. I believe she then yelled her proposal to LJC, who for whatever bizarre reason, said yes.

• Haha
  • Wow

I have an aversion to ramdomly capitalised words, we are going on an Adventure etc.

It is Twee, therefore, unacceptable.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 28
Marcus Rashford has a lovely piece in the Big Issue now about the Full Time programme. I really like how is focus is on the future and making things better. No need for all the superlatives and dramatics like Fack does (with her wailing and anger). That's activism to me, not the angry tweet rants.

He also mentions his book club. Again, something constructive rather than creating pile-ones on authors you don't like.

• Heart
Reactions: 53
She and Mrs J (our Lord Jesus Compton) went to Harvester for salad. Jack wanted to propose over salmonella based lettuce, but managed to hold out until later that night when they were watching soaps. I believe she then yelled her proposal to LJC, who for whatever bizarre reason, said yes.
Oh my god!!! Thank you, that's absolutely hilarious. I so wish I'd been there at the salad bar. Pretty sure they have pineapple as a salad option. I'd tell her I am aware of her body of work and then softy softy ask her if she knows the bromelaine in tinned pineapple is denatured.

• Haha
Reactions: 40
This was the night she fugue tweeted the whole salad bar menu. I’m at odds as to share it again here as it almost did a lot of us in the first time 😂

ETA- looking at it with new eyes, I’m convinced it was more and went on for longer. Maybe it just felt like that at the time.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 58
She can never remember if her childhood was written by Enid Blyton or Frank McCourt.
Wasn't it both, shes soo different from everyone else, even though she's actually really boring and really normal and even when she's trying to be quirky she just looks ridiculous or really boring and normal.

She thinks edgy is tattoos.

• Haha
Reactions: 37
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.