Jack Monroe #186 The bromelain in canned pineapple is denatured

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
You know what I really want right now frens?

A mooshed banana sandwich on soft soft white bread.
I might just have that. I've had (but not live tweeted) a nasty gastric bug and apparently toast and bananas are really good recovery food. I've been low carbing for weeks and can't cope with the idea of any of my normal food today.

• Heart
Reactions: 32
This was the night she fugue tweeted the whole salad bar menu. I’m at odds as to share it again here as it almost did a lot of us in the first time 😂

ETA- looking at it with new eyes, I’m convinced it was more and went on for longer. Maybe it just felt like that at the time.
Jack is so utterly bizarre. When does working in Harvester fit into the timeline?

• Haha
Reactions: 31
Yeah I’m not sure how we got onto stories of chocolate being inserted into orifices but the stories are getting gross now 🤢

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 52
Jack is so utterly bizarre. When does working in Harvester fit into the timeline?
To be fair to Jack, I struggle with timelines too, but I've a lot more years to remember. Not everything happens in linear chronological order, lots of things happen at the same time.

As evidence, just read the Jack threads for the past year on Tattle. If all that can happen in a single year, imagine what she can cram into 33.

• Haha
Reactions: 48
Yeah I’m not sure how we got onto stories of chocolate being inserted into orifices but the stories are getting gross now 🤢
Feel emboldened to concur now I’m on a mod’s side. Please stop. It’s bleeping disgusting and actually a bit triggering.

• Heart
Reactions: 35
This was the night she fugue tweeted the whole salad bar menu. I’m at odds as to share it again here as it almost did a lot of us in the first time 😂

ETA- looking at it with new eyes, I’m convinced it was more and went on for longer. Maybe it just felt like that at the time.
It is pretty long tbf. Absolutely hilarious. The only food writer to wax lyrical about a harvester. When Jay rayner writes a positive review it makes me desperately want to go and try out the place. When Jack writes one it's not in the least bit aspirational, probably mainly because I've been there umpteen times, normally for convenience, it's one of those chains like wetherspoons and pizza hut : low expectations and you pretty much always know what you're going to get.
Maybe a pizza hut salad bar review is next on the menu for this food writer turned influencer?

• Haha
Reactions: 29

She forgot the sweetcorn. #forensic

• Haha
Reactions: 30
Having a clean up on my computer and I forgot I found this Blog article by JM's dad. It's from 2012, right when Jack was claiming full poverty, read the last question/answer. Her timelines just don't add up!!! By Jack's timeline she and SB were homeless and struggling to eat, but by her dad's timeline they were off skating and eating out......

Make it make sense!!!

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 50
How did we not manage ‘I can’t even have a chat about salad on Twitter!’ as thread title? 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 44
If someone with nails like Percy Thrower on harvest day rocks up to your all-you-can-eat salad bar 'date' with a fancy French manicure, surely you don't have to be the Head of News & Current Affairs to work out what is happening?

I'd be outta there and on my bike before you could say 'split the bill'

• Haha
Reactions: 49
This particular version of Food Nostalgia Jack can't hold a candle to her finest incarnation: Covid Jack, bravely tweeting long lists of random food in the grip of a fever so high it would have killed an average human being.

She never did clarify if the KFC buckets were rare as in uncommon or rare as in undercooked (like her upside down chicken).
I will never forget 'that inexplicable [sic] sweet white loaf of bread with icing, peanuts and almonds that nobody else remembers'.
I know it's been a great mystery to Monroe for a while, but I bet the secret ingredient was sugar. Inexplicable indeed.

• Haha
Reactions: 39
I will never forget 'that inexplicable [sic] sweet white loaf of bread with icing, peanuts and almonds that nobody else remembers'.
I know it's been a great mystery to Monroe for a while, but I bet the secret ingredient was sugar. Inexplicable indeed.
I'm puzzled on wtf is 'brown lemonade'. For someone that flies the rainbow flag, she is obsessed with brown!!!

• Haha
  • Heart
Having a clean up on my computer and I forgot I found this Blog article by JM's dad. It's from 2012, right when Jack was claiming full poverty, read the last question/answer. Her timelines just don't add up!!! By Jack's timeline she and SB were homeless and struggling to eat, but by her dad's timeline they were off skating and eating out......

Make it make sense!!!

Did you read the comment at the bottom of the article? 😳
What does it mean?
The family is shrouded in mystery

• Haha
  • Wow
My question who get the more expensive ring?

You can get brown lemonade in northern Ireland.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 28

Yel

Feel emboldened to concur now I’m on a mod’s side. Please stop. It’s bleeping disgusting and actually a bit triggering.
The thing is mods can usually see when something is going in a bad direction. So we often try to nip it in the bud and face the backlash of being called dictators for acting before it gets too bad. But yeah this chocolate bar stuff is probably reached the end of the line 😆

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 46
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.