Jack Monroe #186 The bromelain in canned pineapple is denatured

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Feel emboldened to concur now I’m on a mod’s side. Please stop. It’s bleeping disgusting and actually a bit triggering.
I've just reported mine and asked for it to be deleted.
Apologies, it was far too disgusting.

• Heart
Reactions: 23
Having a clean up on my computer and I forgot I found this Blog article by JM's dad. It's from 2012, right when Jack was claiming full poverty, read the last question/answer. Her timelines just don't add up!!! By Jack's timeline she and SB were homeless and struggling to eat, but by her dad's timeline they were off skating and eating out......

Make it make sense!!!

[/QUOTE
This is the article that made me rage. You call North Cyprus ‘occupied’ and in the same paragraph mention being in the BRITISH ARMY who actually occupied Cyprus for years. Before that it was Ottoman. As in - Turkish! Also Greece invaded Cyprus first and committed heinous war crimes that have gone largely unpunished. Read a book or shut up about it!

Sorry for going wildly OT. I am neither Cypriot, Turkish nor Greek. I just love facts.

• Heart
Reactions: 50
Did you read the comment at the bottom of the article? 😳
What does it mean?
The family is shrouded in mystery
I think it's because he refers to Jack by her dead name too, I don't think the commenter has read it properly. (I think, who knows!)

ETA; ignore me, see MCM below

• Heart
Reactions: 18
Did you read the comment at the bottom of the article? 😳
What does it mean?
The family is shrouded in mystery
I read the comment! Apparently Dad forgot one of his children, Daniel. Is Fack one of five or one of four? My mum was estranged from one of my brothers for many years but he was still mentioned as one of her kids.

• Wow
Reactions: 24
This is the article that made me rage. You call North Cyprus ‘occupied’ and in the same paragraph mention being in the BRITISH ARMY who actually occupied Cyprus for years. Before that it was Ottoman. As in - Turkish! Also Greece invaded Cyprus first and committed heinous war crimes that have gone largely unpunished. Read a book or shut up about it!

Sorry for going wildly OT. I am neither Cypriot, Turkish nor Greek. I just love facts.
Yes, and proudly a para in Belfast.

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 32
I think it’s been said previously that Yannis is/was Daniel (the same way Jack was formerly her dead name) and the commenter must have been confused.

But I wouldn’t like to bet on it 😂

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 28
So two of their kids have changed their name?
I had a mild stalkage attack following the article. My goodness Jack looks very much like her mum when she (mum) was younger.

Reactions: 19
I hope she used a proper east end accent. I love ya, marry me.....!!!!!!

• Haha
Reactions: 21
She can never remember if her childhood was written by Enid Blyton or Frank McCourt.
Both with later contributions from Charles Dickens (starving Victorian waif etc)

Also, still no comment about Marcus and Tom’s Full Time from the smol pixie. We know it’s Jack’s life’s work but the failure to support such a worthwhile project makes them look so small minded and petty. Every week that goes by...not even a liked Tweet. Nasty.

Can’t use the fugue state or I’M BUSY excuses - not while the confectionery witterings are going on.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 38
Am I the only one who has never had either a fish finger or crisp sandwich?
I've never had a crisp sandwich but fish finger sandwiches are a thing of the Gods, Captain! With nice crisp iceberg and some tartare sauce. Get on it!

• Heart
Reactions: 36
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.