Jack Monroe #186 The bromelain in canned pineapple is denatured

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’ve never seen LOD and have no intention of watching it either, so all of the quotes and character stuff go right over my head. 🤷‍♀️ I’ll get me coat.
You are not alone, I only have an Amazon prime subscription so just watch whatever is free on there. I'm not one for gritty programmes. Some old Groundforce and Monty Don eps are up just now do that's my viewing of choice.

• Heart
Reactions: 30
I never watch any television series either but I do enjoy the out-of-context images. Jack could be immersed in the World of Tanks game that's free to play on Steam right now. It has mostly negative reviews so it sounds like it's right up in her niche.

I am not going to be pickling any beans and/or mandarins. There's a significant chance if given long enough it will be able to outwit me and I don't want to have to ask my housing officer to amend my tenancy agreement to include the sentient pickled beans that now occupy my living room and watch Line of Duty all day at an obnoxious volume.

• Haha
Reactions: 45
That's what everyone I know who has watched it is saying. I don't so it's

For me

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 29
If anyone wants some real life OCG content, Gangster on BBC Sounds is very good but not for the faint of heart. Fans of the Salford/Manchester crime and social deprivation tangent a few threads back may find it interesting. It's a 5 x 30 mins podcast series.

Reactions: 25
If anyone wants some real life OCG content, Gangster on BBC Sounds is very good but not for the faint of heart. Fans of the Salford/Manchester crime and social deprivation tangent a few threads back may find it interesting. It's a 5 x 30 mins podcast series.
Hmmm....I have skin in the game there, I might skip it

Reactions: 11
I’d try but I’d quite like to live until my next birthday - plus, I don’t believe in wasting money or food on what will inevitably turn out to be a jar of regret and doom.
An ethos that our dear heart tin can superfan could do with adopting.

• Haha
Reactions: 26
I've never heard of Line of Duty outside of this thread. 🤷🏼‍♀️

(Not Jack, just foreign)

From the archives: a year ago today, Jack was planning to teach her son a number of life skills. What became of that?

Screenshot_2020-05-02-13-33-25-994_com.twitter.android.jpg

Screenshot 2020-05-02 at 15.28.08.png

And of course it wouldn't be Jack without an outrageous lie that takes 10 seconds to disprove:

E1E95DE8-8007-44D6-8112-311AAF9E5B42.jpeg

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 66
Hmmm....I have skin in the game there, I might skip it
Probably wise. The opening minutes in the first ep take place outside where I went to Brownies, and there are a few more overlapping circles as it goes on. I thought the young woman presenting was brave as heck, I couldn't do that kind of reporting.

Reactions: 13

(Not Jack, just foreign)

From the archives: a year ago today, Jack was planning to teach her son a number of life skills. What became of that?
And of course it wouldn't be Jack without an outrageous lie that takes 10 seconds to disprove:
It withered and died on the vine That is Kachoochoo’s list

Probably wise. The opening minutes in the first ep take place outside where I went to Brownies, and there are a few more overlapping circles as it goes on. I thought the young woman presenting was brave as heck, I couldn't do that kind of reporting.
Brave isn’t even close

• Haha
Reactions: 20
I thought she was covered in flour in the small version of that Twitter avatar but it's actually the only inconvenient sunbeam she's ever encountered. Is it a wilderness down in Southend, what's the likelihood of needing to be able to survive off the grid for a fortnight if mama gets embroiled in a Twitter spat and forgets to pick you up after school?

• Haha
Reactions: 33
I didn't have any side effects..... I was shaking and felt nauseous when I got there then burst into tears with relief once Doc had done it. Poor bloke was genuinely concerned that I was ok... I had built it up in my head to a really scary horrific experience that I wasn't sure I could go through with.
Was then mortified!!! (Especially because there is a hot doctor at my surgery and it was him who did it, can't ever make an appointment with him again!)

Relating this back to Jack, I was so embarrassed that I cried over a jab... there is no way I could behave like her on twitter and not be in a permanent state of horrific mortification.
You shouldn’t feel embarrassed at all ♥. I was really emotional too, I had to wait about three minutes to go to the booth and I was standing next to drawings local school kids had done thanking the NHS and I was gone. It felt like the turning point, a bit of hope and it was such a well-oiled machine. I felt really grateful too, I’m classed as an unpaid carer so I got mine earlier than expected.

I agree with @MancBee, not only will we know exactly when Jack is getting hers she will have every possible side effect known to man (and a few extra thrown in for good measure perhaps)

• Heart
Reactions: 43

(Not Jack, just foreign)

View attachment 556935
View attachment 556936

View attachment 556937
The one with her bingo board or chart for her Son to earn extra money was something else, imagine living with such a fun sponge.
Guaranteed she did nothing on that list because she’s too lazy other than to try and Tweetbrag about being a great parent and get praise and likes, but it never goes beyond that for Jack.

That is literally her life. Lying on Twitter for likes and attention.

Reactions: 43
LOD was shite, I got up to date. Hoping Jack does a chaos for us.

• Haha
Reactions: 22

(Not Jack, just foreign)

View attachment 556935
View attachment 556936

View attachment 556937
Umm. 14 years? From when to when exactly?

Love a bit of Jackception on Sunday nights. In fact, I think we might need to upgrade it to Jack’s relativity. Jack mark one lives on Earth and Jack mark 2 lives on a spaceship moving at light speed away from earth.

Jack mark 2 returns and suddenly takes the place of Jack mark 1, but due to Jack relativity, has aged less but lived a multitude of lives.

(cue wibbly wobbly light)

• Haha
Reactions: 34
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.