Jack Monroe #186 The bromelain in canned pineapple is denatured

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I've never heard of Line of Duty outside of this thread. 🤷🏼‍♀️

(Not Jack, just foreign)

From the archives: a year ago today, Jack was planning to teach her son a number of life skills. What became of that?

View attachment 556935
View attachment 556936

And of course it wouldn't be Jack without an outrageous lie that takes 10 seconds to disprove:

View attachment 556937
I wonder if he still has to make her bed?

And the savings and taxes one Jack, was he going to give you the chat? #saltylenny

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 56
I have never and don't intend to watch line of duty, but it seems like it's done a GOT on their fans. They got cocky and it got tit... Like someone else we know... Anyone know who it could be?

• Haha
Reactions: 33
I've never heard of Line of Duty outside of this thread. 🤷🏼‍♀️

(Not Jack, just foreign)

From the archives: a year ago today, Jack was planning to teach her son a number of life skills. What became of that?

View attachment 556935
View attachment 556936

And of course it wouldn't be Jack without an outrageous lie that takes 10 seconds to disprove:

View attachment 556937
ah man, the og List!

well, she at least completed the "backyard" (fuckin americanism) camping herself a short while later, when ljc refused to sleep outside

so, watched lod, nodding politely. seemed to be mostly people glaring at each other, then Twitter lost its collective tit about someone offering someone a glass of water. and, as I always suspected, if you learn to spell, you won't be caught out

• Haha
Reactions: 30
Had similar when I asked for a glass of white lemonade in a pub when I first went to uni, much confusion with the barman mentioning they didn't have White's lemonade. I quickly learnt English pubs only had 1 colour of lemonade.
it is so funny how niche this brown lemonade thing is, I have learned so many random things from this thread :LOL: is it just northern ireland or also the republic?
[/QUOTE]
Just cringed as this made me remind the small (smol) but still embarrassing things I did when I first came to the UK. The only 'lemonade' I knew was Fanta and Sprite ☺😩 and it caused so much confusion when I got people rounds and asked them what they wanted...and did not get the lemonade thing at all. The barkeepers went insane and I sometimes came back with weird looking drinks for people which they politely knocked down.

On a grunka, has she done a chaos or, as I often fear, it is a bit quiet but that means that when I am done grunking the Frauen are already in prison. Can we please, when we go to prison, all sing "Is this the way to Amarillo'? We could do a charity thing for us and a Red Nose thing...

• Haha
Reactions: 27
Anticipating a long and never-ending tirade of veg-chopping, dicing, slicing, flavouring, and cooking, I had pre-emptively allowed myself over an hour to complete the recipe.

So I was gobsmacked when the ingredients took less than 10 minutes to chop and chuck together.

...it's a sandwich.

Who gives themselves an hour to make a bleeping sandwich?
An hour?! I'm super slow at chopping, prepping etc, and can manage entire meals (bar cooking times) in less than that.

I’ve never seen LOD and have no intention of watching it either, so all of the quotes and character stuff go right over my head. 🤷‍♀️ I’ll get me coat.
Never seen it either. I'm subject to never ending Gogglebox and Ancient Aliens 🙄 Needless to say, I've got back into reading!

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 19
You shouldn’t feel embarrassed at all ♥. I was really emotional too, I had to wait about three minutes to go to the booth and I was standing next to drawings local school kids had done thanking the NHS and I was gone. It felt like the turning point, a bit of hope and it was such a well-oiled machine. I felt really grateful too, I’m classed as an unpaid carer so I got mine earlier than expected.

I agree with @MancBee, not only will we know exactly when Jack is getting hers she will have every possible side effect known to man (and a few extra thrown in for good measure perhaps)
If she has illnesses that she was to shield or isolate with, then why hasn't she been immunised yet. Both my kids are asthmatic and they have both had their 1st jag. They got Pfizer one as they are under 30. Hubby and I got AstraZenica

Reactions: 36
If she has illnesses that she was to shield or isolate with, then why hasn't she been immunised yet. Both my kids are asthmatic and they have both had their 1st jag. They got Pfizer one as they are under 30. Hubby and I got AstraZenica
Good question...I fully anticipate her catching up here and after seeing us talking about it, saying she’s had it but not every aspect of her life is open for discussion so she didn’t say etc

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 39
Jack is very busy having prodding and poking exhausting treatment AND redesigning the welfare state, can Jack have a piss and a sandwich now or do you still want them to tell you the ins and outs of their vaccine?

• Haha
Reactions: 55
Jack is very busy having prodding and poking exhausting treatment AND redesigning the welfare state, can Jack have a piss and a sandwich now or do you still want them to tell you the ins and outs of their vaccine?
Unless we see an obligatory FB style vaccine photo I won’t believe Jack has had said vaccine.

In other news, have just found out Round the Twist is on Amazon. Given it was made in 1989, I predict Jack will relive how much they loved it when they were a child in the 80s (cough, one years old, cough) and talk about all the terrifying episodes.

Fancy an ear worm anyone?

Have you ever
Ever felt like this?
Do strange things happen?
Are you going round the twist?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 65
Unless we see an obligatory FB style vaccine photo I won’t believe Jack has had said vaccine.

In other news, have just found out Round the Twist is on Amazon. Given it was made in 1989, I predict Jack will relive how much they loved it when they were a child in the 80s (cough, one years old, cough) and talk about all the terrifying episodes.

Fancy an ear worm anyone?

Have you ever
Ever felt like this?
Do strange things happen?
Are you going round the twist?
I was thinking of getting a prime month and this has swung it

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 29
But if she practiced fridge date rotation she wouldn’t be able to make have of her recipes, ie dead salad bag pesto. The amount of times she mentions stuff on its last legs🙄
She probably means fridge rotation so that the food is perfect for her style of cooking, ie leaving it as long as possible to ensure that it's softy softy slop even before she cooks it for twelve hours overnight. Cack doesn't like texture.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 41
But if she practiced fridge date rotation she wouldn’t be able to make half of her recipes, ie dead salad bag pesto. The amount of times she mentions stuff on its last legs🙄
What is fridge date rotation though?

1. Keep your fridge clean

2. Keep your fridge empty enough to see what is in there.

3. Don’t buy more of something if you have it already.

(although I once stayed with a friend in Sheffield when we were postgrads and there was a puffball growing in her fridge so I can understand that people have different standards.)

• Wow
  • Sick
Reactions: 46
It's like she suddenly adopted a child. You learn the things like tent errection and BBQ skills when you are camping or BBqing, not in a random half hour madatory lockdown interaction slot. She also has the weird question starter cards, poor SB.

• Heart
Reactions: 49
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.