Jack Monroe #149 How dare you defile our oats?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Most of the adults in the UK have at least one ACE (adverse childhood experience), many have a few. They’re traumatic events/recurring conditions such as having a parent go to prison, a parent dying, having to seek asylum and maltreatment. The more you have, the higher the risk of stress related illness etc. While you don’t want anyone to have to suffer with an ACE, they can be somewhat overcome by a supportive adult and the right care.

What they AREN’T is when your idiotic mother quits her job for no reason, doesn’t bother applying for benefits because it’s not the Tory way, then ends up in the tit for less than a year, all the while living in the same town as your living, supportive, capable parents and father of said child. What a bleeping idiot.

• Heart
Reactions: 85
Babe same. I forensically looked through all Jacks Instagram searching for those goddam plates couldn’t find them and reader let me make it clear..I didn’t like it one bit! 🤢

What I did find was her kitchen when she first moved in to the crappy bungalow with the huge Smeg in situ where she now has her corner of crap for TV interviews. Of the Smeg, she said her friend Hannah had given her it ages ago that it has sat in her “shed” as her kitchens were too small...🙄 <insert sure jan gif>

1. Who gifts someone an £800 Smeg fridge?
2. Who gifts someone a Smeg fridge when their friend doesn’t have anywhere to put it?
3. How if she had moved eleventy billion times and had various kitchens has she just kept it in one shed?
4. Who lives in a flat/house that can’t fit a fridge in but has a shed?
🤯 no love just no!
I think it was genuinely gifted. First mentioned in 2015. I think this post has since been deleted from Instagram but I posted it here back in May.

Screenshot_2020-05-19_011802_1.jpg

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 29
Grunkaing on pg 5, apologies if this has already been posted- so she sold her son’s shoes, but wore her ‘best’ coat to the food bank? Implying that she SOLD HER SON’S SHOES while she still had multiple coats? Wtf?

• Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 70
Of course there was Minnie Caldwell's cat Bobby. (I know too old for most of you 😂)
There was a cat in Neighbours, saved one character from getting a deadly snake bite, but then got flattened by another...

Quick Jack, grab the shovel, meat for dinner!

• Haha
Reactions: 20
Grunkaing on pg 5, apologies if this has already been posted- so she sold her son’s shoes, but wore her ‘best’ coat to the food bank? Implying that she SOLD HER SON’S SHOES while she still had multiple coats? Wtf?
My first thought was 'she prioritised her guitar (which she presumably never uses) over keeping her son well fed??' 😬

• Angry
  • Sad
Reactions: 32
She must be watching Eastenders with Louisa Compton - like the good old days. The greatest love story ever told.

Screenshot_20210101-133908_Opera.jpg

(once more, sorry)

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 56
The thing is, we know Jack literally has more crockery than the whole lot of us combined! She could post years worth of pictures across multiple Instagram accounts without needing to use the same plate twice.
To add to the pets in soaps rebuttal, Robbie had Well ‘Ard in Eastenders, and there was the lovely Bouncer in Neighbours!
Off top but totally on topic too, its another excuse to share, again, one of the best pictures ever...
Oh my dear, you’ll love this
84F60E09-A079-42AC-957B-AAC17B58CB84.png

She must be watching Eastenders with Louisa Compton - like the good old days. The greatest love story ever told.

View attachment 435222

(once more, sorry)
Did she propose, and give herself a ring at the same time?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 52
Going back to Nadiya, she really is the mirror that shows Jack up for what she is. I follow her on Instagram and she is very open about her problems with anxiety etc without making any excuses. Her husband openly adores her (they had an arranged religious marriage in Bangladesh which wasn't legal here as they are both British so a couple of years ago they went off to the registrar and married again, "this time for love"), gorgeous children with age-appropriate behaviour and likes but who have been taught to cook - and do so for the family by choice - and who take part in the weekly house cleaning. She is close to her siblings and parents and her sisters often interact with her on SM. She has been open about how lockdown has affected her mentally, particularly due to being unable to see her family as they come from large families, the in-laws have large families, there are several elderly and vulnerable people in the network, and so on so they have chosen to be rigid about bubbles.

Right from the start of GBBO, she was open about how her heritage influenced her baking due to her mother's cooking. She has also spoken about colourism in the Asian community as well as more general racism and Islamophobia. Her anxiety is well documented.

She has published gorgeous cook books with food that has actually worked and which looks lush, had several television series which have also gone down well in the USA, has partnerships with brands which are both food-related and not (such as Swarovski), and is generally a happy, likeable and genuine person with both personal and professional social media where she never needs to delete anything due to a chaos. Oh, and she has happy hens and a family cat too.

Compare and contrast that to Jack, who lives a lie of performance poverty, lies about her history, has had a series of partners, treats her son appallingly, can't cook for [sausage] toffee, is dreadful on television and social media, has fraught and weird relationships with her siblings and parents, playacts with her heritage, is cruel to various pets by neglect and more actively, plays fast and loose with Covid-19 regulations, jumps on every [delayed] bandwagon, has a ghastly presentation, doesn't know who she is, and generally is a total pillock and bleep.

Sorry about the long essay, but Jack would do well to compare and contrast herself with Nadiya in all aspects of her life
Also, Nadiya is a TV natural - she makes it look easy. Which is why Jack thinks she can do TV, despite her complete lack of charm, warmth, work ethic and talent.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 41
Oh god, if she’s that irate about cats, no one tell her Dot’s not in it anymore. She’ll end up howling and clawing at the floor in distress so loudly they’ll hear her across the river in Kent.

OT, but Animals can end up being more expensive than some actors to use because of their handler fees. And it’s nigh on impossible to get cats to do what you want, so it’s really not worth the hassle. As such a big Princess Diana fan, surely our Jackie knows that the Carter’s have a dog called Lady Di though... Right?!

• Haha
Reactions: 32
A £250 jumper. Very poverty. And a chat with Owen Jones - 2 absolute insufferables together.

• Heart
Reactions: 33
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.