Jack Monroe #185 Serves zero

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I wonder how many people voted in the awards/voted for Jack. One of the fraus noted 59 viewers for Heather Small singing (the doing karaoke comment cracked me up) - so how many people voted? 'I won an award based on 100 or so votes' does not add much gravitas to the title.
I voted, but not for smol pixie

• Haha
Reactions: 30
That speech. Dear God, is she incapable of memorising anything without having a piece of paper as a prompt, just out of shot? No wonder she is so terrible at live TV, you need to be able to think on your feet and she just can't do it.

• Haha
Reactions: 35
Was she extra nasally or just I haven't heard her speak for a while? Sounded like the 'before' in a cold and flu tablet ad.

• Haha
Reactions: 25
Part of me does enjoy the idea of people who'd start to follow Jack Monroe based on the description for which she won the Diva award, and are subsequently mostly seeing posts about peanutbutter in Bombay Badboy noodles, poorly-rinsed tins made into crappy craft projects and chaoses againsts teachers when it's a full moon. Oh, and the salty snarkiness when people ask a critical question.
You’d imagine that the Diva influencer of the year might have some interesting takes on LGBT issues it might be involved in some sort of community activism. But then with Jack you just get brown cakes and cats.

What’s she winning this award for exactly? That time she offended Jewish people? That time she instigated a pile on against a headteacher? The tit that didn’t happen tweets? Triggering sexual abuse victims? Most identities claimed in a single Twitter bio?

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 57
WTF! Her speech, just watched it, huh??? 3 things she listed as her main focus points for the year - free school meals, affordable healthy eating and “consultation on redesigning the welfare state”... again, what? Her head is stuck so deep and irreversibly up her own arse - no way, not a bleeping chance has that afternoon of chatting with a some government rep is being considered “consultation” anywhere else but in her own mind indeed if it was, she would be well within her rights to charge en extortionate amount from the government. She’s a tool. Also, free school meals campaign wasn’t hers, she jumped on the bandwagon late in the campaign and affordable healthy eating, what’s that, the food parcels thing that again wasn’t hers? What a charlatan. And lastly, good god she considers herself a professional presenter - hard to even know what to say it was just so awful. She seems to have actually zero idea what she is doing, apparently unaware as she is in front of the camera, or perhaps she is scared of it - certainly doesn’t want to look into it. She sits uncomfortably, looks tense, no rhythm in her breathing, mumbled- nasal talking and she seems to be reading from an auto cue away from the line of the camera, which is not only weird but also seems to imply that she can’t remember any lines - and it was hardly a long speech. Bloody hell.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 59
I think, if you are a nervous public speaker, it’s better to speak from the heart (with a few one or two word prompts) rather than committing to great chunks of text.

People seldom speak how they write, and unless you’re a gifted orator, reading from a pre-written speech comes across as stilted and unnatural.

I speak / present a fair bit for my job and have learned the hard way that it is possible to over-prepare for something!

Reactions: 48
I think, if you are a nervous public speaker, it’s better to speak from the heart (with a few one or two word prompts) rather than committing to great chunks of text.

People seldom speak how they write, and unless you’re a gifted orator, reading from a pre-written speech comes across as stilted and unnatural.

I speak / present a fair bit for my job and have learned the hard way that it is possible to over-prepare for something!
over-prepare 🤔 nope mackie doesn’t know that phrase, does not compute

• Haha
Reactions: 37
I voted, but not for smol pixie
We should have all voted. With the numbers that are now reading Jack's Tattle pages I am sure we could have got a more deserving candidate to win. Though looking at the nominees I haven't got a clue who they are, but I am not their target audience so 🤷‍♂️.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 53
I wonder how many people voted in the awards/voted for Jack. One of the fraus noted 59 viewers for Heather Small singing (the doing karaoke comment cracked me up) - so how many people voted? 'I won an award based on 100 or so votes' does not add much gravitas to the title.
The recaps on these threads regularly get more than 100 upvotes. Perhaps we should organise our own award's ceremony? I nominate @Veronicaaa as most successful Twitter sleuth and @ThePowderMonkey as best avatar.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 56
We should have all voted. With the numbers that are now reading Jack's Tattle pages I am sure we could have got a more deserving candidate to win. Though looking at the nominees I haven't got a clue who they are, but I am not their target audience so 🤷‍♂️.
I only knew jojo because she was on the masked singer

Reactions: 19
It seems to me bad form she hasn't acknowledged the award on Twitter. If the speech was prerecorded as it looked to be, she could have scheduled a tweet.

My sibling who is becoming more and more like Jack has become "homeless" in a botched house move. Seems they ignored the advice of professionals and sold one house without finishing all the conveyancing on the new one. Of course I've been told I don't understand, and its complicated. Sound familiar?
Anyway, the last laugh is on me as they are living it up Partridge style in a Travelodge until further notice!

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 53
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.