Jack Monroe #185 Serves zero

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
don’t where this will land but as if she won!! When you watch her back on the video she doesn’t look well to me, she looks like she is suffering from the after effects of some sort of anaesthetic or medication as she can barely keep her eyes open. Maybe she’s just looking at the googly eyes she’s stuck on her phone!
I do find her truly intolerable but I also hope she is ok, I find the video footage of her quite concerning

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 22
Redesigning the welfare system???

You mean participating in a few right wing think tanks? Ok.
Yeah, it's grotesque to call that her sitting on a light-blue Tory think tank (for which she made het Twitter followers do her homework by the way) 'redesigning the welfare system'.

DIVA magazine could care less of course because the awards are a marketing tool for them. It doesn't matter if the person actually did it as long as it looks good.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 41
Don’t you look up to the right when you’re lying? The lack of eye contact speaks volumes. They’re a fraud.

Reactions: 25
Part of me does enjoy the idea of people who'd start to follow Jack Monroe based on the description for which she won the Diva award, and are subsequently mostly seeing posts about peanutbutter in Bombay Badboy noodles, poorly-rinsed tins made into crappy craft projects and chaoses againsts teachers when it's a full moon. Oh, and the salty snarkiness when people ask a critical question.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 56
Just watched that acceptance speech 🙈🙈 dear me , jack has left out her most important contribution over the last year , grifting and slop production.
Also ‘My weekly’ - my dear departed Gran got this many many years ago, is this the new target audience (fraus have mentioned before that maybe this could be a new niche area, slop for seniors)

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 29
Of course she won. This is the award thing she very conveniently replied to to get it back on everyones' timeline right after she'd got massive engagement for her stalker/abuse thread, isn't it? Right slap bang after all that very very serious stuff. Oh me? Up for an AWARD you say? Sick.
I wonder how many people voted in the awards/voted for Jack. One of the fraus noted 59 viewers for Heather Small singing (the doing karaoke comment cracked me up) - so how many people voted? 'I won an award based on 100 or so votes' does not add much gravitas to the title.

• Haha
Reactions: 31
Is the award a reader/popular vote? Who decides these things? Also, Mx Jack, Greeks don't fling crockery around willy-nilly, it's a celebratory custom. Pretty sure as a whole they'd treat their belongings with more respect than you do.
#speakeasy

Reactions: 33
More likely the £££££ factor .
And as far as JM is concerned Allegra’s contacts in her industry & her little black book made her a target for JMs attention no doubt!

And as far as JM is concerned Allegra’s contacts in her industry & her little black book made her a target for JMs attention no doubt!
I still find it shocking how quickly she apparently up sticks and moved in with a woman she barely knew, taking her son with her.

Reactions: 34

I still find it shocking how quickly she apparently up sticks and moved in with a woman she barely knew, taking her son with her.
Four days! When I first met my husband we moved in together within a month, neither of us had a child or children though. Oh, and we are still together 19 years later.

• Heart
Reactions: 29
Just watched that acceptance speech 🙈🙈 dear me , jack has left out her most important contribution over the last year , grifting and slop production.
Also ‘My weekly’ - my dear departed Gran got this many many years ago, is this the new target audience (fraus have mentioned before that maybe this could be a new niche area, slop for seniors)
If anyone used to watch Shameless, there was a poster on the wall in The Jockey that used to crack me up that said 'We can blend any meal for 50p extra'. The camera never focussed on it so you had to be eagle eyed to spot it. Looking for it was my favourite thing

• Haha
Reactions: 43
Re. the Diva awards, I just realised, Jack was the only one (out of the ones I sat through) who didn’t have an actual award in their video.

• Wow
Reactions: 24
I just watched it back, I think they turned off the comments when Jack won. Before they announced her everyone was going JOJO, JOJO, then it all went suspiciously quiet until the next award (which was for TV programme, commenters wanted The Wilds to win and when Pose won everyone was screaming THIS IS HOMOPHOBIA). What's the betting they only gave the award to anyone desperate enough to record a video message acceptance speech?

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 45
That speech sounded more LJC than JM

• Wow
Reactions: 30
Anyone else got Fat Sam’s grand slam in their head?

🎶always able to find you a cable, there’s room for just one more! 🎶

• Haha
Reactions: 18
Also just looked at the Diva mag twitter feed and they get very few likes/retweets for their big awards, it's going down like a lead balloon. Still, at least Jack will be able to add 'Diva Influencer of the year award winner 2021' to her list of achievements, maybe her agent will even update her bio from that time she was 19th most influential lesbian in 2014 or whatever.

• Haha
Reactions: 54
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.