Jack Monroe #183 Someone's fewmmin'

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
All we need now is our favourite trifle defender to pass comment on full sized Smeg fridges full of planted drinks a hotel supporting a patron in such a way with such a great styled minibar and today will be complete.

I don’t drink, well very rarely. But kombucha is such a niche thing to load a fridge with for a customer you have no idea if they like it or not. Surely it would be safer to have a few bottles of Evian, glass bottles of Coca-Cola and at a stretch some Robinsons?! It all seems....unbelievable probably because it’s not true

• Haha
Reactions: 77
She'll have brought it from LJC's in her Mary Poppins bag along with the tins of pineapple because she's just so zany. It's the limes for me.

• Haha
Reactions: 37
Is giving kombucha to someone in recovery a good idea?

• Heart
Reactions: 27
I have to say I love how everyone feels happy to discuss things that they might feel are sensitive or private because this is such a nice space in the cabal. What nice Fraus we all are (I use Frau as an inclusive term for all cabal members, not gender specific).
Now duck off.
On a (insert ikea cutlery) and stopping to say that I also use Frauen as an inclusive term, the latest when @MancBee took a Reddit test and got the result that he is an intellectual lesbian.

Jack has taken the 'Anonymous' out of AA it seems. And even IF she is lying, it will portray her as dumb or give others a misleading view of AA. She KNOWS AA, she had even stated she had a sponsor who was not respecting boundaries (need to find receipt), so she knows that even if she wants to meet people live in Manchester, she could very easily go into a Manchester Zoom meeting. She is horrible!!!

ETA: receipt

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 42
Is giving kombucha to someone in recovery a good idea?

Like....if there was even the slightest doubt that kombucha might not be a good choice for an alcoholic...would a HOTEL take that risk? I think not, and she knows it which is why she turned the cans away from the pic. Sadly for Jack, people are not the total idiots she treats them as.

• Heart
Reactions: 44
she posted a recipe for a jellyfish, Nashi pear and cucumber salad yesterday and even though at first I was a bit squeamish thinking about it I would rather have it than a bowl of slop

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 27
All looks like the kind of tit an avid cyclist would drink, doesn't it? (I'm not letting this drop) All energy boosting.

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 44
We've all but got confirmation that this infamous Treatment is something drink-related, then. She's tweeted more about alcoholism in the last two weeks than in all of last year.
And of course she had to turn it into a big campaign...people have every right to have the choice of alcohol in a hotel mini bar - she did the right thing by asking them to take it out. Why should the majority change for the minority when it can be rectified? Sobriety is normalised to the main in the UK, ime.

I know for me if I couldn’t be in the same room as alcohol then I’m not in a good place. The last time I felt like that was around the last time I drank.

If she is in Manchester, I think she was talking about herself when she was looking for females in AA in that area. Or she’s accompanying someone in the early stages of recovery/coming back after relapse and that doesn’t sound like a good idea either.

Either way, she’s such an attention seeker and the timing is no coincidence

• Heart
Reactions: 60
This has got me wondering why Jack uses so many Americanisms (CPS in reference to Child Protective Services, her five hundred lawyers on speed dial etc) and whether she thinks she's big in the US for some reason or assumes everyone online is American
That makes me laugh as Nadiya is big is the USA. She posted on Insta that her baking book was now published with US measures and the feed was full of literally hundreds of posts saying how excited they were, that they love her shows on Netflix, their children love her, that they'd actually bought scales to use metric measures, and so on. She doesn't change anything about herself for that audience though, still the Asian English Muslim mum of three with a Yorkshire husband and living near her family in Milton Keynes. I don’t even know what brand her fridge is.

Tell us, Jack, how many of your books have been translated for a US audience? I reckon it wouldn't be worthwhile for the publisher given 3K worldwide sales 😉.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 53
I’ve just put on Martin and Roman’s morning thing. Chef Shivi is apparently their resident chef. She’s teaching them, very nicely, how to chop onions. She hasn’t said anything inappropriate, is friendly and warm, and has great rapport with M&R. Aghghhh, she’s about to make a proper roux 😱

Scenes from Parsley, Manchester:
That new show of Martin and Roman’s is also made by Cactus TV, so it just goes to show it’s worth impressing the bosses if you want more work.
A lesson for Jack there.

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 37
She's also claimed that her skin is too big on them because she was premature. And that they look filthy because of her Cypriot blood.
I was way more prem than Jack. Saggy hands are not a thing when you’re 33 because of being born early.
twit.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 52
My mum used to fancy Terry duckworth, in my memory he's quite, sweaty?
I had a bit of a crush on him too, 20-30 years back. He did have a certain something. He morphed into John Prescott as he got older though, but that sort of thing can happen to the best of us.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 38
I was way more prem than Jack. Saggy hands are not a thing when you’re 33 because of being born early.
twit.
Preach! Also prem and my hands do not look like that! Funnily enough prem babies do catch up growth wise and are not born with too much skin :ROFLMAO:

Reactions: 31
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.