Jack Monroe #183 Someone's fewmmin'

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The official channels exist on the official site hun. Anyone with a brain would know not to put a vulnerable woman in touch with unverified strangers off Twitter but the longer these threads continue the more we realise Jack is possibly the thickest person in the universe.
Thickest person in the universe or - she's lying. I hope it's the latter to be honest. One minute she's complaining that Twitter is a hellscape full of evil people, the next it's full of community spirit and kind, genuine people. So which is it? 🤷 Either way, conducting some sort of Twitter match making for someone in need of a support network seems very ill advised. 🙁

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 59
So doesn’t the AA have any groups in Manchester then?
Oh the Beeb is in Manchester!

• Wow
Reactions: 49
Woo-hoo. So somebody in Media has got a new job in Manchester starting soon. After all, JM doesn't mix with the hoi-polloi, it's going to be somebody going to something at the BBC, The Guardian or Channel 4 News up there.

And now everybody in Media up there will look at any new woman coming in, and think 'Oh, so she's the one with the drugs/alcohol issues, then'.

Great way of humiliating somebody whilst pretending to be 'just trying to help'.

• Sad
Reactions: 74
I don’t think there is a friend to be honest, either it’s a made up scenario in which she is using AA/NA to cover up all the tweets about the Marcus Rashford/Tom Kerridge collab so that people feel sorry for her. OR “the friend” is her and she’s drop drop dropping breadcrumbs. Her partner (I think it safe to assume she’s BACK) is in TV and a lot of TV work can be found in Manchester. Lord Jesus Compton might be moving there for a bit and as Jack has just started her treatment, the treatment providers may be keen for her to find a sponsor (real not bot) there.
This is of course only speculation m’lord.

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 64
Woo-hoo. So somebody in Media has got a new job in Manchester starting soon. After all, JM doesn't mix with the hoi-polloi, it's going to be somebody going to something at the BBC, The Guardian or Channel 4 News up there.

And now everybody in Media up there will look at any new woman coming in, and think 'Oh, so she's the one with the drugs/alcohol issues, then'.

Great way of humiliating somebody whilst pretending to be 'just trying to help'.
It'll be someone involved with the drama earlier, she's probably done it deliberately to shame her.

• Sad
Reactions: 38
Or option c ... none of the above and she’s just doing it to give us ninnies something to gossip about.
I don’t much mind which option is true tbh, got sod all else better to do

ETA: probably sound more callous than I meant to be, I just wholeheartedly believe she’s made the whole thing up as she equates all attention to good attention

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 50
@heretoreaditall2019 thank you and other Fraus who are a friend of Bill, for explaining that there are (course there are) perfectly serviceable and available means to network officially and safely.

• Heart
Reactions: 66
Or option c ... none of the above and she’s just doing it to give us ninnies something to gossip about.
I don’t much mind which option is true tbh, got sod all else better to do
It’s really sad that this is what the tweets have come to.

Why can’t there just be a congratulatory one to MR/TK? After all, I thought all that mattered was that people got fed?

• Heart
Reactions: 55
she's filed on her Insta under ODAAT (one day at a time)
So it's rehab that Monroe is undergoing then...? Especially with the AA in Manchester thing, they often can only focus one identify at a time...right now, it seems to be 'recovery person'. The question, rehabbing from what? My guess - ADHD medication. (Just a guess, no evidence whatsoever your honour). And if that is the case, then it's most predictable and foreseeable conclusion to a self-made drama in the history of time. (Often think back to that post where they said that they've "found a quiet place" or something like that, and a mate retweeted all happy for them etc - that's an invented, life defining event there. Soooo, a rehab facility maybe?)

• Wow
Reactions: 26
👀 A mention of a smol pixie, but not in relation to the new initiative. There shall be clawing and, indeed, wailing, no doubt.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 51
  • Haha
Reactions: 42
Unless she is breadcrumbing here and asking for herself.
My thoughts exactly. No cat to roll out for floofiness so what will detract from her petulant behaviour on The Hellsite? A self-proclaimed alcoholic talking about AA related things. How convenient.

You know what, I reckon I must be some sort of genius, getting myself to that first meeting without Jack to save me....she actually makes me sick. If this is someone else in the very early, extremely difficult dayswhen you don’t want to drink but your body is screaming at you to take alcohol and your head tells you you don’t deserve any better then she should have googled and every Zoom meeting in the world would come up. There’s a reason why things are done the way they are in AA for people’s safety.

I’ll tell you who’s fewmin, I’M FEWMIN!!!

• Heart
Reactions: 88
So it's rehab that Monroe is undergoing then...? Especially with the AA in Manchester thing, they often can only focus one identify at a time...right now, it seems to be 'recovery person'. The question, rehabbing from what? My guess - ADHD medication. (Just a guess, no evidence whatsoever your honour). And if that is the case, then it's most predictable and foreseeable conclusion to a self-made drama in the history of time. (Often think back to that post where they said that they've "found a quiet place" or something like that, and a mate retweeted all happy for them etc - that's an invented, life defining event there. Soooo, a rehab facility maybe?)
That's a good guess, realistically likely too and might explain why SB is not with her.

Reactions: 28
I wonder who got her the help/is paying for it/reported her. As much as she grates my vegan Béchamel, I hope the therapy works. Concerned the narc within is too strong though. Time will tell I suppose.

Reactions: 37
It's after Bill Wilson, the founder of AA. It's meant to be a code for people in AA - like, 'oh, hello, are you a friend of Bill?"
We went on a cruise for our honeymoon with an American company and they had onboard meetings under the title “Friends of Bill” and for NA it was “Friends of Jimmy”. If you knew you knew if you didn’t it was inconspicuous

• Heart
Reactions: 62
It's the full moon next week too, and it's a super moon! 🌝

So we're fast approaching the 200 thread mark, how shall we celebrate? I think Poca should put a word in and get us some hats commissioned 😉.
Vegan Frau preparing a Cotswold sideboard pyre to sacrifice at the altar of Khaos in the hope of basking in FULL MOON SUPER FACE TUNE ENTROPY 💥🌕🌕🌕☄

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 37
Oh, or somebody going to work at Manchester Pride. Forgot to add that (they're currently advertising for an important member of staff).
Perhaps our fave smol pixie has applied for the job and got it. She would have bona fide references like her friends from Diva, even Allegra perhaps ? Can I have a full house bingo if true...(or does that make me a greedy, narc-y slop goblin? 😁). X

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 25
Apparently the priory day centre work shop works in sets of 12 so perhaps she coming to the end of it as going up too Manchester for work or a change or seeen. Sometimes people with alcohol issues need a proper change of pace and scene.

Just wanted to add I have little knowledge of rehab or AA just what I have read so forgive me and tell me to pipe down If I am speaking out if turn.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 31
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.