Jack Monroe #183 Someone's fewmmin'

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I'm not sure about her not being unpleasant to work with, her behaviour on twitter with things like the whole THAT MAN issue don't exactly make her seem reasonable/nice imo. And this is beside the fact that she is totally incompetant, remember on DKL it was left to every other person to basically carry the show because of her lack of ability
Plus she could get pretty snarky when Matt was talking to someone else (I.e. one of the guests) - that can’t have been pleasant to deal with.

Reactions: 39
I mentioned this before waaay back in the early threads, but my friend who works in media (PR) met Jack in the green room at I believe it was This Morning a few years ago. Said Jack seemed very nervous, pretty quiet and like they wouldn't say boo to a goose - so I'm going with the having to be overly pandered to "You're doing a great job don't worry!" angle rather than rude to staff - I could be totally wrong though, my friend only met Jack for a few minutes as her client was waiting to go on!

Reactions: 50
Plus she wrote this response, complete overreaction to anything critical (now deleted but its on Archive): https://web.archive.org/web/2014022...months-ago-in-my-beatrix-potter-cosy-poverty/

Similar response to the squiggle asking her a question the other day. Fly off the handle, talk about being suicidal/in treatment to try and guilt the other person for daring to speak out of turn.

• Sad
  • Angry
Reactions: 44
Virtual high five to Jilly Luke, you Early Adopter Beatrix Potter Cosy Pov Truther.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 44
  • Sad
Reactions: 33
I remember this article. She really is a one trick pony isn't she?
You know how there's a The Script for cheating gaslighting (usually) men? That response blog is like The Script for narcs.

• Heart
Reactions: 25
QUOTE="DisgruntledGoat, post: 4718717, member: 167898"]
I absolutely loathe her and think she’s a ridiculous incompetent who brings 90% of her problems upon herself but... if I was her and read that shade in GQ directed at my recipes, and the obvious relief that Marcus felt at the whole incident being in the past when I’d taken time to fawn over how handsome and lovely he was on Twitter, even posting a sad little photo of my work planner with “call Marcus 📞”... I’d crawl under the duvet and just never surface again. Farewell cruel world.

Maybe she was late with her submission, or it needed loads of editing work. Maybe she was a cock to the dinner ladies, or the kids, or one of the admin staff at Conde Nast who sorted her travel. It was probably deserved, knowing what a massive entitled tory she is. But still, ouch.
[/QUOTE]

She was a cock about the school chopping boards describing then as 'trashed' when challenged on Twitter for using the wrong colour. I think that is an indicator of her attitude tbh.

Reactions: 59
I'm not sure about her not being unpleasant to work with, her behaviour on twitter with things like the whole THAT MAN issue don't exactly make her seem reasonable/nice imo. And this is beside the fact that she is totally incompetant, remember on DKL it was left to every other person to basically carry the show because of her lack of ability
I also think she would be horrible to work with. Jack gets snarky at the drop of a pineapple hat

• Haha
Reactions: 40
I mean just remember all of the notes around her kitchen about what things to touch and what things need to be left alone. All that tit that was underlined. She would be the pass agg queen! Imagine you're the runner who accidentally sourced the wrong beans for her......

• Haha
Reactions: 42
In all seriousness, I don't know how she had the balls to do DKL after the THAT MAN chaos, how shameful to face all those chefs and people in the industry, knowing they know. I don't even know how she can be a public person after the David Cameron comments that I won't repeat, I would die of shame. And there are so many examples of this behaviour. To blatantly lie and say that her hat was in the ring for Carry on cooking, the show that was CREATED by Jamie Oliver, it would haunt me for life.
She didn't have the balls at first, she pulled her usual sickie and I'll bet humiliation played a part. If I'd pulled a childish stunt like that I'd have a beamer all over both sets of cheeks.

• Haha
Reactions: 33
She definitely seems like the Partridge type who'd completely duck up a take and ruin things for everyone, but then go on about how great she was and how terrible the professionals were. That sort of behaviour tends to win you no favours with anyone, let alone good people who've worked very hard to get where they are, unlike Jack.
Did anyone see there's an Alan partridge show on soon.

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 27
Virtual high five to Jilly Luke, you Early Adopter Beatrix Potter Cosy Pov Truther.
She wasn't being snarky in the original article that caused the pile on. Shows the level of sense and logic in Jack and her squiggle army minds. Idiots.

Has the rained on grammar school article deleted off her blog now? It was def there a few weeks ago (with the new anodyne title lol!). If it's been deleted now, it's more proof Jack reads here as we were discussing it a couple of weeks back and I was able to link it (I only remember because I put a trigger warning on it due to the content)

• Wow
Reactions: 22
This makes me genuinely happy. Not that you have to rely on a social supermarket right now, but that you get good, fresh food. I have long thought that it's a bit of an outdated myth that people only get tins based on some local initiatives I've seen and supported in my area. Good to see that verified.
The vegetables/fruit and bread are always free.
Then the chiller food/tins/cleaning supplies etc are usually about half the normal price.

At another social supermarket I use, they also make dinners which can then be re-heated at home.
So good for anyone not able to cook on a given day.

I know in my area, there are many organisations providing meals over the school holidays.

Jack Monroe really is so out of touch, her food was dire back then, it's diarrhoea now 😂

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 49
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.