Jack Monroe #183 Someone's fewmmin'

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
She wasn't being snarky in the original article that caused the pile on. Shows the level of sense and logic in Jack and her squiggle army minds. Idiots.

Has the rained on grammar school article deleted off her blog now? It was def there a few weeks ago (with the new anodyne title lol!). If it's been deleted now, it's more proof Jack reads here as we were discussing it a couple of weeks back and I was able to link it (I only remember because I put a trigger warning on it due to the content)
It was linked from the article, but was gone when I clicked through. It might be because it led to her old URL girlcalledjack. I didn't realise she migrated her content across to the bootstrap page. When I googled, I could only find the 'suicidal people don't batch cook' one, which I can't be arsed to read. I've had enough of her writing for today.

• Heart
Reactions: 21
It was linked from the article, but was gone when I clicked through. It might be because it led to her old URL girlcalledjack. I didn't realise she migrated her content across to the bootstrap page. When I googled, I could only find the 'suicidal people don't batch cook' one, which I can't be arsed to read. I've had enough of her writing for today.
Ahhh, yeah it's still up on bootstrap https://cookingonabootstrap.com/201...months-ago-in-my-beatrix-potter-cosy-poverty/

ETA; didn't realise there was two different blogs (and probably countless more!)

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 22
Don’t make me feel sorry for her. Please! She could have gone and found something that doesn’t make her anxious as a job. It’s not nice to see anyone struggling but then Captain Snark comes out on Twitter and I’m out.

Oh I don’t feel sorry for her over it so you deffo shouldn’t!

The first time she tried it and it went tits up I did because I suppose you don’t know if you don’t try but we’re probably on attempt 57 at this point and it just steadily gets worse. I don’t think she can help it’s not her thing, but it’s seriously off of her to be continuing to take money for something she knows she can’t deliver.

And she’s bringing all the stress and anxiety it causes on entirely herself at this point so it’s her own fault.

I am bleeping terrible at presentations (and would be as bad if not worse as her live, thankfully my job is unlikely to involve it) so after a terrible, internal, attempt I owned up to it and say I can’t do them. Many of my colleagues are brill and they do them instead.

No shame and better for everyone. she needs to accept her limitations.

• Heart
Reactions: 39
I also think she would be horrible to work with. Jack gets snarky at the drop of a pineapple hat
We saw her face when she couldn't find a bobble for her hair in that video of her getting ready for DKL. She looked ready to snap at someone, face full of anger. She'd be a right piece of work. We have seen the way she interacts with blue tickers, in contrast to how indifferent and downright sharp she is with her lowly followers.

• Heart
Reactions: 47
We saw her face when she couldn't find a bobble for her hair in that video of her getting ready for DKL. She looked ready to snap at someone, face full of anger. She'd be a right piece of work. We have seen the way she interacts with blue tickers, in contrast to how indifferent and downright sharp she is with her lowly followers.
I think she’s conscious enough that she’s doing that to control it, like she does with the blue tickers. She wouldn’t do it somewhere there would be consequences for it, but (speculation m’lud) her partner would likely get a massive dose of what she’d been holding in at home

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 29
Reminds me of All Bran.
It reminds me of one of those All Bran cakes that you make with All Bran once it's been open 8 months and you realise no-one's going to eat it. But the recipe calls for mixed dried fruit so then the kids won't eat the resulting cake either.
Edit: and you only bought the All Bran because you were on a diet so why turn it into a cake that you have to eat all by yourself 🤦

• Haha
Reactions: 35
I found some Jack poetry from 2009. OH. MY. DAYS.

I wish I had an answer for this sickness
That’s growing in my soul
Or at the very least a name 'coz it frustrates me that I can't tell you what it is
No I'm lost for words for once
You used to fill so much of me right up you see me now there's just a hole
And I cant walk straight for all the brandy, yeah don't lecture me, it's just gone 10am
And my heads stuck in my Blackberry

They're all creepy obsessed ex tit, bleeping hell fraus, I am hooting at these!!!

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 58

Or at the very least a name 'coz it frustrates me that I can't tell you what it is
And I cant walk straight for all the brandy, yeah don't lecture me, it's just gone 10am

They're all creepy obsessed ex tit, bleeping hell fraus, I am hooting at these!!!

Fraus all over now creating WC accounts: please post City Sicker for us, I have a hunch it’ll be both severe and excoriating.

• Haha
Reactions: 27

Oh. Oh. I’m dead from shame. A corpse with my brain stem still twitching from the [literal] mortification, allowing me to type this.

Her response to the blog that is, at worst, mildly critical is her usual overblown bollocks of “I unscrewed my lightbulbs and self-harmed and if you dare to criticise me further I’ll do it again”. Horrible, manipulative narc. Plus ça change.

Her evasive language seems a little less practised there, she does appear to be saying that she only used a food bank once. Not exactly Little Dorrit.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 35
Fraus all over now creating WC accounts: please post City Sicker for us, I have a hunch it’ll be both severe and excoriating.
That bit I quoted is City Slicker!!! The rest;

There's commuters knocking into me
In their flashes of mediocre greys as I'm
Waiting for that call from you that's never going to come

And who's to say
It'll ever change
And who's to blame
For all the same old grey
When the weatherman told you it was going to be rain
But you went out in mini dresses all the same
Yeah you went out in miniskirts and unbuttoned shirts and nothing on your feet
And now you're dirty and you're colder from the unforgiving streets
And as the sun sets you're much older than the numbers on the seats
That you sit down once again
Pull a frown once again
Because that’s what everyone else seems to do
And God forbid you're the one that doesn't follow suit
Because who's to say
That it's ever going to change?
When you're to blame, because the weatherman told you it was going to rain
And you gave him two fingers and went out in minidresses all the same

And now I walk with my head down
I'm dead from the waist down
I guess that that’s frustrating for anyone who's waiting for the anger to subside so they could get a little close
And I say in my clichés that I am tired of this city
Where everything's trying too hard to be too pretty
Gets torn down and built up in Lego bricks and convention
And intervention, for the sake of it
And depression's just the succession of this recession
That we're embarrassed to mention
Because we went out and spent it all and spunked it up the wall
And now we're down the local decrying all the local PMs and getting pissed
As another job gets dismissed
Another t uncrossed and an apostrophe that's missed
Another guy called Paul or Dave that just won't see his kids today
Because she's got a hair appointment and the child support cleared yesterday

And who's to say
It'll ever change
And who's to blame

Pull a frown once again
Because who's to say
And you gave him two fingers and went out in mini dresses all the same

And I’ve got holes in the soul
I’ve a sickness in your dole cheque
And there’s nothing you can give me
To make it go away
As I slowly fill my days
With community projects to colour in the grey
With sick kids and burnt out buildings
To make it all okay

And who's to say
It'll ever change
And who's to blame
Pull a frown once again

Because who's to say
And you gave him two fingers and went out in mini dresses all the same
Yeah we jumped in puddles in next to nothing
And got in muddles and looked for something
That wasn't grey, with our SLRs
And too much gel in stuck-up hair
Can you remember November and barely-there
Placards and bollards from when we cared
About road extensions
And interventions
And crime prevention for the sake of it

And now I walk with my head down
I'm dead from the waist down
I guess that that’s frustrating for anyone who's waiting
For the anger to subside so they could get a little close
When the weatherman told me it was going to be rain
But I went out in mini dresses all the same
Yeah I went out in miniskirts and unbuttoned shirts and nothing on my feet
But now the grey from your ties match the grey on the streets
Because that's what everyone else seems to do
And God forbid that you're the one that doesn't follow suit..

• Haha
  • Wow
  • Sick
Reactions: 44
It never ends!
I know we all did random tit when we were 20 but this is a lot!

• Haha
Reactions: 37
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.