Jack Monroe #182 Extraneous brine

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
My opinion is that they enable it. Papa thinks he’s right-on man of the people and Mum isn’t well and likes church. I guess that they rationalize it as being ok as “giving a voice” to the poor and disenfranchised, probably get kudos at church for it. Also they probably want to see their grandson.
I have relatives who would say nothing in this type of situation (I’m not Jack- although I think being brought up with these types is what has resulted in me being a receipt keeper and caller-out of bullshitting manipulators. It’s the saying nothing which enables it)
Babe, same. I have the nothing to say types in my family, they all bury their heads. I think there’s an element of not being resilient enough to cope with the narc rage/fallout from speaking up. I, on the other hand, can’t keep my mouth shut for love nor money.

• Heart
Reactions: 33
Unfortunately. She's going up against a footballer though, who'll be playing for England soon. I can't see this going well for her
is this how they are involved they have been been asked to provide a recipie to MR and TK cause, so they are working behind the scenes all be it very very distantly.

Reactions: 20
Always BPD chucked out innit. Enough man.

Besides, therapy for BPD is no more than a weekly or fortnightly session unless youre actually sectioned. Lets not belittle or throw MH illness statements around.
I reckon she’s at the dentist

• Haha
Reactions: 24
She's up...

View attachment 540964

Here's my take - I wonder if they did politely talk to her about it. I mean, from their point of view it would make sense to, this is something that she is somewhat known for and outside of our FORENSIC analysis often referred to as an 'expert'. They heard her 'expert' opinion, and probably a lot of others, took it on board, FWIWW, and then got on with their thing that is being brilliantly handled.

ETA: @Veronicaaa - babe, same x
I’m struggling here with the idea that whilst she doesn’t have the time or inclination to tweet about everything she is involved in yet has time to live tweet diarrhoea in all its Technicolor. She really is pitiable. Any normal person would either say “this is all on them” or “wow really flattered” or “can’t believe this is still an issue in 2021” but not this mendacious little pixie, no siree

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 52
I’m not sure what the squiggles are trying to achieve by tagging her into Marcus’ announcement saying that this is her thing and she should be doing it. Did they not see her GQ gig, or are those tweets in the file marked “long-deleted”, too? Are they trying to get her work, thinking that Marcus and Tom and their team will retcon the whole project to include her? Because someone with an agent and a publisher doesn’t need that, that’s what they take a cut of her considerable BBC and press and partnership earnings for. Shows how pervasive her eternal victim grift has been though.

And if this isn’t their goal, they’re just shitting all over the project, which is just evil, in my humble opinion. People on Twitter opining about foodbank parcels are all well and good but not everyone who is poor uses them: there are plenty of families who will struggle on tiny budgets, or who are time poor, and these recipes might help.

Something striking to me is that all of these people dragging Jack’s name into the ring seem middle class. I’m a total MC head now, with 16 types of lentil in my cupboard, buying quinoa and biodynamic Viognier, but my entire family are working class and other than our grandparents WHO ARE DEAD none of the boomer/Gen X parents can cook (bar one who learnt to cook in prison then became quite a fancy chef). My experience of working class eating is that there is a lot of convenience food, and it’s mostly “safe” options that everyone will eat to save money and time (cheddar and you can duck off if you think goats cheese is an option etc). I caused an absolute scandal in my family by going veggie when I was 8 and ultimately had to compromise by continuing to eat ham and chicken for the sake of the family purse. And I don’t say that in a victim way, it was just a thing. Don’t be fussy, eat what you’re given or there’s nowt else.

I would say my maternal side of family has gotten more foodie as programmes like Nigella have been mainstreamed but my dad’s side and all of my partner’s family are still very much on the beige train. There are still people who can’t or won’t cook, who are very reliant on convenience food. If Marcus and Tom can pique people’s interests (especially young lads) and just have a couple of meals a week that are made cheaper by using a bag of carrots rather than a pricier prepped equivalent, it’s really cool. As a poster said above, there’s no homogeneity in experience of food poverty. Baby steps are the only way.

Sorry that turned into a word count extravaganza. She’s just such a cockend.

• Heart
Reactions: 75
pretty sure this is the woman that was abused by JM in June’s BLM chaos... legends only x

View attachment 541557
It’s been a long time since you pulled Mr Trying Not to Smile Man out of the bag. Very apt here!

She’s probs at the dentist? Wherever she is, and whatever the ‘treatment’ is, she’s certainly got the time and emotional energy to deliver some witch snark at someone rather than just a retweet. Louisa J Christ on a bike indeed.

Really wish we could see this Huw Edwards / Marcus Wareing mashup 😂

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 52
I’m not sure what the squiggles are trying to achieve by tagging her into Marcus’ announcement saying that this is her thing and she should be doing it. Did they not see her GQ gig, or are those tweets in the file marked “long-deleted”, too? Are they trying to get her work, thinking that Marcus and Tom and their team will retcon the whole project to include her? Because someone with an agent and a publisher doesn’t need that, that’s what they take a cut of her considerable BBC and press and partnership earnings for. Shows how pervasive her eternal victim grift has been though.

And if this isn’t their goal, they’re just shitting all over the project, which is just evil, in my humble opinion. People on Twitter opining about foodbank parcels are all well and good but not everyone who is poor uses them: there are plenty of families who will struggle on tiny budgets, or who are time poor, and these recipes might help.

Something striking to me is that all of these people dragging Jack’s name into the ring seem middle class. I’m a total MC head now, with 16 types of lentil in my cupboard, buying quinoa and biodynamic Viognier, but my entire family are working class and other than our grandparents WHO ARE DEAD none of the boomer/Gen X parents can cook (bar one who learnt to cook in prison then became quite a fancy chef). My experience of working class eating is that there is a lot of convenience food, and it’s mostly “safe” options that everyone will eat to save money and time (cheddar and you can duck off if you think goats cheese is an option etc). I caused an absolute scandal in my family by going veggie when I was 8 and ultimately had to compromise by continuing to eat ham and chicken for the sake of the family purse. And I don’t say that in a victim way, it was just a thing. Don’t be fussy, eat what you’re given or there’s nowt else.

I would say my maternal side of family has gotten more foodie as programmes like Nigella have been mainstreamed but my dad’s side and all of my partner’s family are still very much on the beige train. There are still people who can’t or won’t cook, who are very reliant on convenience food. If Marcus and Tom can pique people’s interests (especially young lads) and just have a couple of meals a week that are made cheaper by using a bag of carrots rather than a pricier prepped equivalent, it’s really cool. As a poster said above, there’s no homogeneity in experience of food poverty. Baby steps are the only way.

Sorry that turned into a word count extravaganza. She’s just such a cockend.
The fact is they keep tweeting her name and no one on those sites are responding. Not a one. If that doesn't tell you you're not invited to stay I don't know what will.

By the look of things the asking for recipies is a universal thing so she hasn't been asked as a significant choice she just one the faceless many, just like us!

• Haha
Reactions: 42
do you think she deleted it in the hope that the squiggles response would be deleted, or at the least, become detached from her comment?
By deleting it she can claim the squiggle is over reacting and she wasn't being snarky. Jack is always one step ahead.

(I bloody hope a major chaos is coming, Jack deserves this public snub, you made me feel freaky, Jack, I dislike you even more now!!!)

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 44
Where are all these diehard squigs when she needs viewers for her lives? Definitely some serious socking going on

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 58
I'm really sitting on my hands here. Someone needs to tell these squiggles what's what. Preferably not a troll Tattle account either.
Hopefully the more we talk about the Footballer Marcus Rashford and Chef Tom Kerridge and the project they are doing that did not and does not involve slopslinger and professional mouthpiece for anything that suits her needs Jack Monroe the more people will find us.

ETA: 6th link down
346E6883-C686-4E3D-9BB8-FE9B2B1AEF28.png

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 49
Honesty, major phew moment with other Fraus getting the same creepy copying!!!

Sort of doing a Jack by using my Schizophrenia as an excuse, but, it can make me think people are reading my thoughts and 'stealing my soul', so that the more someone copies the less real I am. I mean, it's bizarre, and that's why it's a MH issue lol! The christ on a bike comment just jarred me and I had a funny moment mentally. Thank you dear cabal for reassuring my mental nonsense as nonsense ♥
Thanks for sharing the frank description of what must be a challenging mental health issue, it's interesting to read - Monroe should be so lucky as to steal your thoughts, by the way, insomuch that she's a massive dick and you're constantly awesome.

• Heart
Reactions: 49
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.