Jack Monroe #182 Extraneous brine

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
All sorts for the wiki on that thread reader app!

View attachment 539171
This says so much about her. She had a three-bed flat in a fancy part of town. Why? Sure, she could afford it at the time but it's so strange to me to live somewhere with additional bedrooms you don't need, especially when you are young. When I was young and either single or in relationships, I either rented one bedroom in shared houses or a one-bed flat or a studio flat (I moved a lot - maybe I am Jack after all). It genuinely never occurred to me to get somewhere with a spare bedroom and there were times when I probably could have afforded it.

Her priorities have always involved status. She had a CHESTERFIELD SOFA, guys.

• Heart
  • Sick
Reactions: 74
This says so much about her. She had a three-bed flat in a fancy part of town. Why? Sure, she could afford it at the time but it's so strange to me to live somewhere with additional bedrooms you don't need, especially when you are young. When I was young and either single or in relationships, I either rented one bedroom in shared houses or a one-bed flat or a studio flat (I moved a lot - maybe I am Jack after all). It genuinely never occurred to me to get somewhere with a spare bedroom and there were times when I probably could have afforded it.

Her priorities have always involved status. She had a CHESTERFIELD SOFA, guys.
Spot on. Two bed for her child I understand, but if you're saving for a deposit then keep it at that? Why do you need a three bed, three bathroom flat...

I've just had a look online and these sofas cost upwards of a grand if she's looking at an authentic leather one. They are also ugly af in my humble opinion. Very stuffy in design - don't understand why you'd want one of those aged 21.

• Heart
Reactions: 49
That kitchen photo! When was it from? I’m guessing it was after Allegra? That kitchen looks Allegra-lite to me.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 36
Spot on. Two bed for her child I understand, but if you're saving for a deposit then keep it at that? Why do you need a three bed, three bathroom flat...

I've just had a look online and these sofas cost upwards of a grand if she's looking at an authentic leather one. They are also ugly af in my humble opinion. Very stuffy in design - don't understand why you'd want one of those aged 21.
She sold her Wedgwood and Denby collections in the Open House Sale. Again, who in their early 20s is buying that?

She's always had very strange taste - all that she cares about is the price tag.

• Heart
Reactions: 58
She sold her Wedgwood and Denby collections in the Open House Sale. Again, who in their early 20s is buying that?

She's always had very strange taste - all that she cares about is the price tag.
Probably posting my Ls here but I'm that age ( 🔺 oof) and am looking at the Chesterfield with longing - though I've always had the taste of an old man, and I'm not Jack enough to care about what type of plates I have - IKEA or Wilko is fine enough for me and any guests!! 😂

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 34
She’s a provincial Tory. They love all that tit. I lived with my friends when I was 21 and didn’t give a toss about furniture because we were young and having fun.

• Heart
Reactions: 43
Most of those old threads make you roll your eyes or rage a bit, but this one is hilarious. Jack is moving out:

View attachment 539180

Holy tit, her poor landlord! Imagine going for a viewing and seeing...THAT.

The closer you get, the worse they become. Unsurprising that her Kitchen Essentials range didn't take off. Not sure what happened to the launch, but these were posted on the last day it was ever mentioned.

1618998683414.png

Instead of spending out on a 3 week rental so she can tinder match with affluent ppl based in central she should hire a stylist / personal shopper tbh.

If she has left the crappy bungalow and is never to return, could it be that her reluctance to be transparent about what she is actually doing is due to her new arrangements would officially lift the lid on her role in the childcare / living arrangements for her son? She has always said that she needed to stay in Southend to allow him to be near his Dad, but could it be that it was the other way around. She can't square the circle of being away long-term and not in his day to day life, so has to invent ~ reasons ~ for her absence. It is now 25 days since she was first pictured in her little happy place. She could be planning ahead for a move to a Secondary school away from Southend, but I suspect a change in the family dynamic that she doesn't want to share as it raises obvious questions that are difficult to answer about Mama / Son living arrangements.

Last edited:
  • Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 62

Serious Mrs Bucket vibes from Jack. Jack doesn't actually care about the look of something, whether it's tasteful, or whether it fits into the decor at Jack's house. It just has to be a name. I'm surprised Jack hasn't invested in a set of Royal Doulton mugs with handpainted periwinkles.

Weird taste though. If I was early 20s I would have been spunking my money on designer bags (and not Mulberry, because I would have seen that as being an old lady thing). I feel like the Viv obsession is her way of trying too hard to be edgy.

Reactions: 41
She added the caution hot surface sticker herself then 😂
I am presuming it was to make it look like a “professional” kitchen 🥴 (theory behind this is SB would either have been old enough to know not to touch the oven and if not, then he was too young to read 😂)
On a grunk but am shooketh by black emo kitchen, at the “before” pic. To the left you can see the edge of a fireplace, that kitchen could have been part of an open plan, no wonder it was done to look light and neutral, probably to make the room look bigger.

Reactions: 23

Flat and sofa probably belonged to fiance no 1.

Although didn't Jack post a picture of her, six months pregnant, wheeling home a sofa she found in a puddle. to her shabby flat?

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 31
Grunking so this might have already been said, did she get the del monte gig based on this? Would be very much in the style of landing dkl after her 'that man' episode
And the Linda McCartney after claiming to have found some blue plastic in one of their sausages...

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 38
That close up shot of the knives 🤢 Why would you willingly share to 250k followers that your kitchen utensils are manky and rusty... when you're a professional chef?!

Just looking at that picture makes me want an emergency tetanus shot...

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 55
Exactly. And why would she keep quiet? Why would she not actively promote the causes? As far as I can see she hasn't retweeted any of the tweets about the projects Marcus and Tom are involved in. She has not acknowledged them at all. Why would she not do this if she was so heavily involved behind the scenes and thought it a worthy cause?

ETA Possibly relying on them both being too polite to actually say she had nothing to do with it - or minimal input at the very beginning at most ie an email or two.
on a mini-grunka, so probably it was mentioned but...since when would she keep anything quiet? We got a novel of trying to scrape a device from a grubby floor with dirty nail hands. I did not need that one, thanks. But when she is involved in charity work she is keeping quiet? Make it make sense? Just imagining that I am on a shopping mall for charity x trying to get people signed up but keeping it quiet...

But we all know that consulting in JM terms could also mean that she told the potatoe story for 5 mins.

• Haha
Reactions: 32
On a grunk but am shooketh by black emo kitchen, at the “before” pic. To the left you can see the edge of a fireplace, that kitchen could have been part of an open plan, no wonder it was done to look light and neutral, probably to make the room look bigger.
Here's the fireplace:

Screenshot_20210421-115320_Instagram.jpg

😫

Last edited:
  • Wow
  • Sick
Reactions: 98
The closer you get, the worse they become. Unsurprising that her Kitchen Essentials range didn't take off. Not sure what happened to the launch, but these were posted on the last day it was ever mentioned.

View attachment 539404

Permission to speculate. If she has left the crappy bungalow and is never to return, could it be that her reluctance to be transparent about what she is actually doing is due to
her new arrangements would officially lift the lid on her role in the childcare / living arrangements for her son? She has always said that she needed to stay in Southend to allow him to be near his Dad, but could it be that it was the other way around. She can't square the circle of being away long-term and not in his day to day life, so has to invent ~ reasons ~ for her absence. It is now 25 days since she was first pictured in her little happy place. She could be planning ahead for a move to a Secondary school away from Southend, but I suspect a change in the family dynamic that she doesn't want to share as it raises obvious questions that are difficult to answer about Mama / Son living arrangements.
Why is she not hugely embarrassed to post the gross hazard to health knives? 🤮 I would be mortified, I certainly wouldn’t advertise that my standards were that low

• Haha
Reactions: 37
Grunking so this might have already been said, did she get the del monte gig based on this? Would be very much in the style of landing dkl after her 'that man' episode
There has been previous speculation that Linda’s and Mel Donte has to give her gigs because of her complaining about them, but there’s no evidence. Also given how awful Linda’s PR handled things with the viggles and how clueless Mel Donte seem to be, it could just be pure coincidence.

Reactions: 33
I'm a bit of a hoarder and a huge maker of mess and that's making even me feel uncomfortable right down to my bones. And the candles - are you supposed to crawl/lean across all those boots to light them every day?

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 47
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.