Jack Monroe #181 Time flies when you’re judging slop

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The Tile thing stuck to the train floor would be an interesting way to claim Travel Expenses.

Reactions: 36
What is Tile? Why was it on the floor? Am I Tile? I'm seeing the word 'tile' so much it's not a word anymore.

Reactions: 49
I was thinking the exact same thing yesterday, but a bit scared to post it for fear that it would be misinterpreted. Thank you!

Reactions: 35
If you have an iPhone, get an Apple Watch. You can your phone even when it's on silent.

Gotta love Twitter addicts. "I need to do a thing! Step one: Tweet about it."
The ping my phone option is my most used action on my watch

Reactions: 22
Or.... lies. It’s such a dumb thing to lie about and keep lying about. This should be the social media experiment for SB. How
Much complete guff can someone spew out on Twitter and get away with.

Reactions: 38
Oh i didn’t know that had happened. I thought she was successful and therefore super rich at the time. I had read her MOTHER DIED (emphasis Jack’s own) when she was young. She seems nice, even if the Twitter chat up was, let’s admit, a bit gauche.

Reactions: 29
Jack is well within the average height range.

But I dont think someone with severe arthritis (or anyone else) should position their hands like that to use a computer. Hands should be slightly above the keyboard to avoid putting strain on wrists.
How tall is Jack? I'm 5ft 1 that's short. 5ft 4 and above is normal

Reactions: 21
I was thinking this. Communication needs clarity. I naturally speak very quickly. I have to slow down, which may be uncomfortable to me, but it ensures that people will understand me.

Jack's recipes, for example, are written in a very maverick way which renders them inaccessible to many neuro-divergent people, people with low literacy levels, people with English as a second or additional language...and hell, even me, with a degree in English.

Reactions: 49
I've wondered about her height as well. I'm 5'2 but I'm humongous compared to my SIL
and my cousin, both 4'10". Funnily enough our height is not a constant topic on social media...

Reactions: 28
Think she was fairly rich before but now she's set to become mega-rich.

Reactions: 30
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.