Jack Monroe #181 Time flies when you’re judging slop

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
It's years since I read a paper copy of The Observer, but from the website it looks like they published the 20th anniversary edition of the monthly Food magazine without mentioning Jack once. They went through their greatest hits, including THAT MAN and his activism :ROFLMAO: but no Jack, and I'm sure they had a feature about her when she was flavour of the month at The Guardian. I think this is why Jack is hyper today, and all over poor Jay Rayner (he didn't mention her either in his article about cookbooks :ROFLMAO: ).
I really hope she reads the Nigella piece. It gives some very handy tips about how to develop and write recipes. Although astoundingly it doesnt seem like Nigella has skillz like Jack that enable her to just make something once and it is instantly, cookbook ready.

• Haha
Reactions: 46
[for the first time ever & now it’s allowed went on proper hill walk with Mr v, we ‘got lost 🙄’ and had to slide like lady below under a barb wire fence 😹😹]
Omg look how low down that wheely chair is too 😂

Squigglebot chat is giving me the cringe. Nobody is interested plz go away

• Haha
Reactions: 28
A personal fave.
#NeverForget
View attachment 534796
Blocking out the horrendous hair if you can, her face looks so much more naturally pretty than now with the fillers around her lips and nose.

Oh, and I'm not Jack; my sideboard is built in, I don't have any adenoids, and I prefer Garden Trading and auctions to Cotswold Co. I do have tattoos but they're by good artists and have even been in tattoo magazines 📐. I can deploy several doggos and cattos for you though with plenty of floof (which gathers in tumbleweed dust dinos in the corners of rooms).

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 40
I don’t think it will go down well in court Jack that you say we are bullying you but then you reference us on your Twitter feed will it?
Quite. In such a jocular fashion too.
I'm surprised her very busy lawyer wouldn't advise her of this. Lots of '!!!' and 🥰🥰🥰 don't really imply trauma through trolling.

Reactions: 33
The 'like I do' in the caption of the draught excluder pic has really irked me for some reason. Jack's mum can't just feel the cold, it always has to be related back to Jack. It's a nice gift and something my own mum would love (more so if it was a dog) - you're going to get the engagement and people praising you for that on its own, but of course everything has to go back to the smol pixie and how hard it is for them.
I'm assuming the cold water therapy, ice baths and barefoot jaunts in the snow have now been binned then FrostyJack?
Yeah? Cooooool.

• Haha
Reactions: 46
Honestly, it's a bit upsetting to see people here actually getting stressed over the pronoun thing when - six years after Jack came out as non-binary - jackmonroe.com, the Del Monte Instagram page, and United Agents all use she. The celeb reviews that accompany Jack's books on Amazon use she. Jack's Twitter bio changes all the time, and has a loose relationship with reality at the best of times.

TBH I may duck out for a bit, at least until the bio changes again...see you all this evening, then.
I hear ya. If you / collective we weren't on here or not following her on twitter we wouldn't even know about the updated bio. It's another bandwagon of hers and I refuse to pander to it. If it is an issue then I'm happy to opt out of this until she changes her preferences again.

• Heart
Reactions: 28
omg, in all the times I've seen that pic before, how have I never noticed "baes for days" till now!

just when I thought they could never make me cringe any harder after the smol desk pic! 🥴
Baes for days. Literally. Days. Two max.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 33
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.