Jack Monroe #178 I am a human being and I make mistakes

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Hey, we need this info for the Sali thread!

To be fair he wrote a whole string of tweets saying he felt it would be a bit unfair if he went to the pub today to be served by someone in a mask who might not have had a vaccine but felt they needed to work, and the re-opening feels a bit soon. He’s pretty much saying he feels uneasy returning to normal so fast when not everyone had a vaccine yet which is a fair opinion.
It is, but I saw a lot of this smug stuff yesterday from people who’ve been able to work from home and have been ordering online left right and centre, been shopping, sending kids to schools, having deliveries, visiting tips, garden centres etc and it got to me a bit. I suppose I don’t like him much and so it extra grated, because he’s been lucky enough to be able sit at home drawing robots, but you are right that it’s fair. It’s certainly not true though, that because you do something that is legal one day, you were doing something illegal the day before.

(I didn’t go to the pub or any kind of hospitality; I was enjoying a day off work so I spent it outside seeing a friend which I haven’t done for many many months).

• Heart
Reactions: 32
Hey, we need this info for the Sali thread!

To be fair he wrote a whole string of tweets saying he felt it would be a bit unfair if he went to the pub today to be served by someone in a mask who might not have had a vaccine but felt they needed to work, and the re-opening feels a bit soon. He’s pretty much saying he feels uneasy returning to normal so fast when not everyone had a vaccine yet which is a fair opinion.
Thanks for this, it is fair enough! We've had our mask restrictions lifted where I am. Only required on public transport and taxis but I'm still wearing one when I'm anywhere in public.

• Wow
Reactions: 17
She's Rory Gilmore - entitled, thinks shes a journalist. Pov backstory and always bailed out.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 28
Jack would be in Take the High Road as a chippy incomer who hopes to win the locals over with her superior cooking skills or perhaps appear in the original Prisoner Cell Block H and Bea will bring her down to size by trapping her hands in the industrial ironing machine while the really wrinkled old lady keeps look out for the screws
Not sure where this will land but yes!! Mrs Mack would soon find out her true self and would be a walking version of Tattle trying to make all the others in Glendarroch aware of ‘wee Jack’s’ lies and BS but would be ignored until a big explosive episode where Isabel at the post office received a lawyers letter for losing all the patreon beige postcards that Jack said she had posted but Isabel as the post offices representative HAD LOST.

I’m too invested in this aren’t I?

• Haha
Reactions: 28
Is he ok? Honestly from what I've seen he seems a bit simple. Not trying to be nasty but that's not rational thought. Wow.
Perhaps no one invited him to the pub and he's doing the whole " I don't care, pubs are stupid"

• Haha
Reactions: 47
What a callous tweet about SB 🙁 poor boy, I hope he won't ever see that. It proves what we all suspected, she hardly every has him. Why have a child you don't then want to look after and spend time with? I've long felt she is quite unmaternal and so centred on herself that there is no room for him in her heart. Jack Monroe lives for Jack Monroe.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 55
Ramadan Kareem everybody! We get a much shorter working day because of all the fasting kids and staff, so Ramdan is the greatest month.

I'm still amazed Jack went after schools. All the people I know that like her are lefty teachers who think she is #doinggood. People in education have LOOONG memories (#Gove) I do hope she loses some Patreons.

• Heart
Reactions: 59
How hot was the Priest though. Antonio?

I bet I Google him now and he looks like a tanned ballsack.....
Ah the hot priest. And the English evil twin - was it Derek and Colin? My favourite was Annie Douglass, she was deranged. I could quite happily binge watch sunset beach. Way way back we had a drinking game for that too. Every time the set wobbled, every time they replaced an actor without thinking we would notice, extreme reaction pauses. If it was a very clever spoof it couldn’t have been more funny to 90s teenagers.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 20
Surely Ramadan Jack is not too far off. Guzzling tinned dates like a goblin. Up at 4:45. Standard.

• Haha
Reactions: 37
I don’t find parenting that easy but my god - the weekend is the fun bit where you’re not fighting with them to get dressed for school or brushing teeth or doing spellings.

ETA my kids do brush their teeth at weekends! Just not urgently before 8:40!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 59
View attachment 526862
Gotta love 'single mum' Jack. She forgot to add entire mid term breaks while she fucks off to LJC's. I'd put money on the boy being much happier on those narc-free days anyway, so all good.
I didn't think she could do it but she shocked me.

My kids drive me bonkers at times but I couldn't be away for them for days at a time. I just couldn't.

• Heart
Reactions: 31
Three out of four weekends off and she is a hard done by single parent. Get to absolute duck Jack. That is a terrible thing to say about spending quality time with your child. I hope your son has a wonderful time with his dad at the weekend making lasting fun memories.
The weekend is when the fun is! And he's still young enough to want to hang out with his mum. Won't be long before he's a teenager and will be doing things with his mates instead of his parents.

• Sad
Reactions: 34

My kids drive me bonkers at times but I couldn't be away for them for days at a time. I just couldn't.
She’s quite disgusting. When my daughter has a sleepover at her grandparents, pre COVID this would happen a few times a year, I looked forward to it so much, to have a break and have some time to myself. I never gloated about it on social media though

• Heart
Reactions: 27
Three out of four weekends off and she is a hard done by single parent. Get to absolute duck Jack. That is a terrible thing to say about spending quality time with your child. I hope your son has a wonderful time with his dad at the weekend making lasting fun memories.
We have to hope that at least he won’t be changing his dads bedding if he dares utter the words “I’m bored”. Also - I still think about the “check with mama” thing. Mama. Like he is a toddler. There is a whiff of him not getting a reply unless he uses mama - she uses it so much (her “mama, look!” “Spontaneous” picture full of love, a few weeks ago comes to mind). Another thing to go down like a lead balloon at the school gates, if you ask me.

Reactions: 32
Parenting is really hard. I find the never ending constant small people very tough. Lockdown and this past year especially and one day I look forward to a weekend away without my children. (I think I will be expected to take Mr V but can’t have everything) so it is nice to have time off. But that just sounded like he was an inconvenience in her life and I think that’s terrible. I’m sure his dad makes up for it.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 47

Same, I had to live at the hospital with my poorly youngest for months and my other two had to stay at home. I felt like it was splitting me in two to be separated from them. Parenting is not easy and none of us are perfect parents but it is done with love and because we want to. Or it is supposed to be.

• Heart
Reactions: 46
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.