Jack Monroe #177 The vegan version is coming soon

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I do wonder whether Smol sweary robot man and Smol chaotic education expert pixie JM (and everyone in fact) pay appropriate tax on patreon income. (Just a question your honour, not an accusation)
Smol robot man isn't just a rattle tin earner, he does paid commissions too. Wonder if they declare their full income?

Jack probably hasn't earned enough this year to pay much tax, she shouldn't procrastinate it.

• Haha
Reactions: 25
She follows Jack so, unless she's muted Jack, this is all being beamed directly onto her Twitter timeline.

I think the issue here is that Jack has turned herself into one of those Twitter personalities, a bit like Matt Haig, where people who are at a bit of a loose end when they first join the platform follow them because they think it's some kind of unwritten rule that you have to. Then of course she's had the odd tweet that gains a fair bit of traction because she's good at being angry in 280 characters and people follow her because a follow equates to showing that you also hate the Tories. To the uninitiated, she's typecast herself as a whistleblower on these sorts of issues. It only takes a close reading of her tweets and actually following her account (and not just brushing off moments like what we've seen today) to understand what she's like when the mask slips. Unreal how more people haven't unfollowed her, especially given how others like Marcus Rashford have a) done more and b) don't tit on the people they beg to help them.
Matt Haig wrote one of her forewords. He is another charlatan. His book reminds me of Brian Griffins self help book, with pages left blank for self reflection. Oh duck off you grifter!!! Perfect pairing with Jack!

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 53
This is the part that is worse of all the bile today, she was so dismissive and callous with that response. As if the person's story wasn't good enough. I hope they haven't taken her standoffishness to heart. I would be seething in her position.

Someone has blatantly intervened just as she was getting truly angry that people weren't fawning to her all knowing bullshit, I dunno who, but someone has definitely plonked her on the naughty step.
Let’s hope a generous helping of glue was applied first

• Haha
Reactions: 24
Why would she keep setting up new email addresses for each book, knowing she hasn't even opened the thousands of others? What a monumental waste of everyone's time who got in touch with their stories.
Because that delusional witch is a classic narcissist and uses her inbox as proof of her popularity and success when guilting BBC or other outlets for not giving her enough exposure.

• Heart
Reactions: 44
I do wonder whether Smol sweary robot man and Smol chaotic education expert pixie JM (and everyone in fact) pay appropriate tax on patreon income. (Just a question your honour, not an accusation)
I can't stand people like that tbh it's the same thing as people saying to shop workers 'I pay your wage' then they start being rude and aggressive to them.

Does that I mean if buy every one of Jacks cookbooks I can go on Twitter and be an absolute hole to her because I'm 'paying her wage' no it doesn't because that really isnt how decent humans think and live their lives

• Heart
Reactions: 59
Matt Haig wrote one of her forewords. He is another charlatan. His book reminds me of Brian Griffins self help book, with pages left blank for self reflection. Oh duck off you grifter!!! Perfect pairing with Jack!
Matt Haig does have moments for me where I think 'hmm, you've got a point' but the best thing I ever did was unfollow him on Twitter. It just got too much reading the same old thing day after day. He started off being well-intentioned but just became incredibly annoying because everything felt like he was trying to flog you one of his books (and he wasn't telling me anything I hadn't figured out through experiencing my own mental health issues).

• Heart
Reactions: 48
I can't stand people like that tbh it's the same thing as people saying to shop workers 'I pay your wage' then they start being rude and aggressive to them.

Does that I mean if buy every one of Jacks cookbooks I can go on Twitter and be an absolute hole to her because I'm 'paying her wage' no it doesn't because that really isnt how decent humans think and live their lives
By Jack's rules you can have a go at anyone you like as long as they don't answer back. She wanted people to leave her alone using illnesses as an excuse, but how many people does SHE attack (or sends flying monkeys on) who also may be suffering their own tit?

• Sick
Reactions: 46
Screenshot_20210410-193157.png
On a grunka ...what fresh chaos is this 👀 also it's probably too early thread title nomination but it's perfect: Jack Monroe - #178 My lawyer is BUSY

• Haha
Reactions: 78
Matt Haig does have moments for me where I think 'hmm, you've got a point' but the best thing I ever did was unfollow him on Twitter. It just got too much reading the same old thing day after day. He started off being well-intentioned but just became incredibly annoying because everything felt like he was trying to flog you one of his books (and he wasn't telling me anything I hadn't figured out through experiencing my own mental health issues).
Same. I followed him on Instagram but every day he seemed to be congratulating himself for something and it just got a bit tiring tbh.

• Haha
Reactions: 34
well, that was an exhausting grunk

sadly, her regular squigs and the majority of onlookers have their narrative to stick to - she is top princess, empress of the poor and needy, vulnerable pixie tweeting in a fugue state brought on by all of the ailments

new statesman journo won't care, she's got her low-quality articles to be getting on with. incidentally, she tweeted a slightly critical tweet re the c4 schedule yesterday 🙃

Jack will have a delete spree and be back to posting wotsits to Australia by monday. I hope I'm wrong, but we know how these things go 🤷‍♀️

• Sick
Reactions: 57
So grateful that you can look at "most liked posts"
I would have missed some absolute blinders today without it!

• Heart
Reactions: 29
@EllaEm87 that story of your granny watching BB is the sweetest! Reminds me of my dear old great aunt (who is DEAD), who had to be talked out of applying for Big Brother in 2005 at the age of 87.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 59
I think all this disgusting nonsense is coming just now because she can’t bear all the attention being on Prince Philip and the Royal Family. Goodness knows what she’s going to come up with tonight to try and take some attention away from Nikki Grahame too...

And somewhere in the Manchester area, a voice can be heard saying “Marcus, I told you to dodge her!”

She’s surpassed herself this time and if this doesn’t either force her to look at herself or “cancel” her (for want of a better word, I hate that but you know what I mean) then I will have to accept that she’ll just keep grifting and gliding her way through life unscathed while good people have to deal with the most terrible things. And I don’t want that.

• Heart
Reactions: 56
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.