Jack Monroe #171 Just discovered her and think she’s horrid

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Who decides which friend you pay back first? What happens when you loose your job and can't afford to pay anyone back. What happens when the mortgage rate inevitably rises and your income doesn't? What happens when you fall out with your friends and family? What happens when your friends and family want the money for their own project? What happens when the property you have bought has unexpected costly maintenance? etc. etc.

This idea is just too stupid for words.
Bib perfect for our smol ickle pixie then, that is her usp

• Haha
Reactions: 19
This lady is getting all up in Jack's ideas-for-crowdfunding-a-house-deposit niche! Haven't squiggled her as she's a blue ticker with 100k+ followers.
Is this not a terrible idea, unless you have several thousand friends?! Or a few very rich ones I suppose...
View attachment 506098
What if all your friends rent too? You are never going to get 50000 people to give you a quid.

Ghetto Jack is so wise (I’ll stop now 😂)
View attachment 506129
She never - I missed that one

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 27
I have to say I have succumbed to a few ‘buy me a coffee’ or subscribed to a patreon for a couple of months at a time for podcasts I like but I would die of shame before asking strangers for money.

Reactions: 25
I've got my tinfoil hat on here but anyone reckon it's not her tweeting at the moment. The overuse of emojis is very Caroline Whohashands!

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 26
That post is 100% begging. The temerity of suggesting you are somehow owed money for a house!

It took me 6 years to save up for my flat. Couldnt have done it without my parents charging me an affordable rent to live with them. They always taught me I had to pay my way. I didn't take a penny from them for a deposit because why would I? When they had already done so much for me by putting me through uni.

I think these people have an idea that they're owed something but most normal people know the world doesn't work that way and you need to work for what you have.

• Heart
Reactions: 32
I know a woman who lost a great deal of her things in a fire a couple of years ago. It was very sad, and a friend of hers set up a Gofundme for her. I was happy to throw a bit of money her way - who wouldn't be?

But then she started posting things like Thanks to everyone who's donated. And to those of you who haven't...now I see who my real friends are or People always wish me a happy birthday on Facebook but they can't spare any money when I really need help.

It was so gross - yes, she'd suffered a very hard time, but come on, there are so many people in bad situations. I think that was my first exposure to this weird world of demanding money online. Shame it wasn't my last!

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 68
It's definitely still her tweeting 🐦🐦 she just has a boomer 👵👵 mentality when it comes to using emojis :p🤪😝🥰. Plus who the duck else would come up with the phrase 'nudge-hiss-erosion'?

• Haha
Reactions: 40
I just don't get the audacity of asking people to fund your house deposit - I totally get that a lot of people have help in the form of living with parents, gifted money etc but to actually ask people to give their money to you to buy a house?! What if they want a house too, would you then donate back to them? Just save up for your own deposit ffs! (BTW totally mindful that a lot of people can't afford to save, but the people who seem to have this sense of entitlement generally can it looks like from SM, and this isn't a comment at all on people who have help - I will be benefitting from parental help in some way when it comes to it, but a comment on the grifters!)

Reactions: 32
Screenshot_20210330-172844_Chrome.jpg

err, Jack.. that's awkward.
You might wanna tell yourself to get those words outta ya mouth cos this ain't it.

Now duck off.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 63
I know a woman who lost a great deal of her things in a fire a couple of years ago. It was very sad, and a friend of hers set up a Gofundme for her. I was happy to throw a bit of money her way - who wouldn't be?

But then she started posting things like Thanks to everyone who's donated. And to those of you who haven't...now I see who my real friends are or People always wish me a happy birthday on Facebook but they can't spare any money when I really need help.

It was so gross - yes, she'd suffered a very hard time, but come on, there are so many people in bad situations. I think that was my first exposure to this weird world of demanding money online. Shame it wasn't my last!
I know someone who started a crowdfunder for a deposit for a house. I got private messages asking me to share it on social media if I couldn't contribute. I was mortified! It did get lots of shares and contributions, which kinda made me judge those people too, then the sale fell through and there was a long radio silence. No idea what happened to the donations. I think they're not even on social media anymore, but they do have a house...

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 34
Re: the autism guy. Is this the one that does all those posts describing completely average day to day quirks that lots of people do and saying neurotypical people will never understand this eg. Used to line my toys up, like my books in alphabetical order, don’t like my beans touching my fried egg type of thing? Jack likes loads of his tweets if this is the same person?
Yup, Pete wharmby. He pisses me off too and is also a bit of a grifter who recently jacked his job in to try and make a living out of being autistic online. Most of his threads end with him sending folk to his thing where they give you money for coffee.

He was one of the few people who had a long line of disorder letters after his name and he quite frequently comments on Jack's posts.

• Wow
Reactions: 21
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.