Jack Monroe #171 Just discovered her and think she’s horrid

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
This lady is getting all up in Jack's ideas-for-crowdfunding-a-house-deposit niche! Haven't squiggled her as she's a blue ticker with 100k+ followers.
Is this not a terrible idea, unless you have several thousand friends?! Or a few very rich ones I suppose...
View attachment 506098
Might not be able to crowdfund but you can get a springboard mortgage

ETA though I suppose that relies on one person not multiple people

Last edited:
Reactions: 12
ugh everything has to be some kind of drama, why the hell would you get your young son to dye your hair when you can do it yourself?
I bet she didn't. She did it herself, made a bags of it, blamed the child.

• Haha
Reactions: 26
This lady is getting all up in Jack's ideas-for-crowdfunding-a-house-deposit niche! Haven't squiggled her as she's a blue ticker with 100k+ followers.
Is this not a terrible idea, unless you have several thousand friends?! Or a few very rich ones I suppose...
View attachment 506098
this is so bizarre, I assume most of her friends are not millionaires with money to buy a flat/house... why would they give/loan her money? Very JM

• Haha
Reactions: 32
View attachment 506098
Can just see Monroe now, gleefully following this thread and pinching herself, not quite willing to believe that her biggest of big dreams seems finally to be picking up steam... as for what kind of idea it is, it seems to be a brilliant way to put pressure on vague acquaintances to donate free money and then as sure as night follows day, finding ever more elaborate excuses as to why paying it back is not only an impossibility, but a full-on personal attack to ever be expected.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 36
I feel quite strongly that you probably shouldn't take on eight bleeping cats if you're not in a stable living situation.

I've seen more of these grifters than ever in the last few days...oddly enough, given that I live somewhere with much higher unemployment and a horrendous economy, we don't seem to get many. They generally seem to middle class British or American. I suppose you need a certain cushion behind you before you can start grifting for a living?

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 54
"As far back as I can remember I walked around with a sock in my pants"
Thread
Title
Nom

this is so bizarre, I assume most of her friends are not millionaires with money to buy a flat/house... why would they give/loan her money? Very JM
I mean...banks mostly only have money if it’s “our” money...banks collect the interest and give interest (after taking their part)...so what she’s describing is...a bank?

• Haha
Reactions: 38
I feel quite strongly that you probably shouldn't take on eight bleeping cats if you're not in a stable living situation.

I've seen more of these grifters than ever in the last few days...oddly enough, given that I live somewhere with much higher unemployment and a horrendous economy, we don't seem to get many. They generally seem to middle class British or American. I suppose you need a certain cushion behind you before you can start grifting for a living?
Totally agree, if you rent it is hard even to find a place you can have 1, let alone 8, how much space does she have?! Also I have shared ownership so I partly own and pets are my choice - I have 1 cat, but no way could I afford 8!!! I would love a second but even that I don't really knowI could afford atm. my cat costs more money than I do in terms of food/flea treatment etc.... unless you really have a lot of money/live on a farm and they are basically just outside all the time, 8 cats would be INSANELY expensive

• Heart
Reactions: 33
I mean...banks mostly only have money if it’s “our” money...banks collect the interest and give interest (after taking their part)...so what she’s describing is...a bank? [/QUOTE said:
^^ @GoLando ^^ I messed up the quote tags.
Exactly! Reminds me of an anti-vaxxer who recently wished for some way of strengthening the immune system by exposing it to a tiny bit of Covid-19.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 45
View attachment 506098
Who decides which friend you pay back first? What happens when you loose your job and can't afford to pay anyone back. What happens when the mortgage rate inevitably rises and your income doesn't? What happens when you fall out with your friends and family? What happens when your friends and family want the money for their own project? What happens when the property you have bought has unexpected costly maintenance? etc. etc.

This idea is just too stupid for words.

• Heart
Reactions: 64
Who decides which friend you pay back first? What happens when you loose your job and can't afford to pay anyone back. What happens when the mortgage rate inevitably rises and your income doesn't? What happens when you fall out with your friends and family? What happens when your friends and family want the money for their own project? What happens when the property you have bought has unexpected costly maintenance? etc. etc.

this literally sounds like why, 100s (or whenever) years ago, people invented banks :LOL:

• Haha
Reactions: 47

Great post, do you have a tip jar?

• Haha
Reactions: 47

This is just glorified begging surely? The brass neck of this woman is unbelievable! I often wonder why people give money to types like this. This blue ticker is bound to give Jack ideas if she sees her post, although we’re probably due for a Jack chaos or an injury of some sort pretty soon, where she’s bound to rattle her tip jar once again.

Reactions: 28
This is just glorified begging surely? The brass neck of this woman is unbelievable! I often wonder why people give money to types like this. This blue ticker is bound to give Jack ideas if she sees her post, although we’re probably due for a Jack chaos or an injury of some sort pretty soon, where she’s bound to rattle her tip jar once again.
Would you not just die of shame?? Imagine having money problems and instead of trying to handle then quietly, you rush to social media: hey guys, I see some of you react to my posts with the laughing or loveheart emoji a LOT...well, times are tight, so put your money where your mouth is! #foreverhome

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 36
Great post, do you have a tip jar?
or better yet, a patreon?
That is the whole problem with this buy me a coffee, tip jar, patreon rubbish. These people have no shame, the don't care who gives them money for nothing. Those that donate may have less than them but they don't give a tit. These grifters have no self respect. People most in need would see that as begging and wouldn't demean themselves.

• Heart
Reactions: 39
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.