Jack Monroe #170 Outrageous grifting dirtbag

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Ooh just be aware kiwi fruit is quite a common allergen. I started with vaguely tingly mouth from eating them (also fresh pineapple) - then it progressed to airways starting to close from the tiniest bit in fruit salad :(
(Ross in Friends also had a kiwi fruit allergy).
I also discovered I was allergic after drinking a kiwi margarita in Lisbon...I have one pic from that entire weekend and it's a panicked selfie of my big swollen red face! Shame because kiwis are delicious.

feel like i'm always OT on these threads at the mo. Jack is so booorrring.

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 38
...In the before times we used to go on holiday...
This had me hooting. It conjured up an image of Philomena Cunk. Can you imagine her interviewing Jack or reviewing one of her ‘cook’ books?

To be fair she’s clearly seen Jack chopping an onion already...
FD869222-E7B4-467C-BD7F-A17408E00AE4.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: 55
I (blessedly) didn't take in a single adenoidal word she said because I was entranced by her eye shadow. Slathering on a full eyelid's worth of brownish makeup is certainly an interesting technique. I have questions! Was this filmed before or after the Mrs Gloss obsession and, is this the origin of the shiny black eye stylings!
Looks like it was uploaded 3months ago.
I'm not sure who the chap in the video is but judging from his other uploads he'd probably have an issue with her latest Tory wank-tank collaboration.

But she does really, really like brown doesn't she?🤡

• Haha
Reactions: 28
This had me hooting. It conjured up an image of Philomena Cunk. Can you imagine her interviewing Jack or reviewing one of her ‘cook’ books?

To be fair she’s clearly seen Jack chopping an onion already...
View attachment 497298
Love a bit of Cunk!

Pot Noodles were bought for my fellas on site as a gift from a lovely, and well meaning, client. I can see the logic: you just need a kettle and a spoon, a quick ready meal, right?
Wrong! One of the chaps took a big swig and burned his lips and tongue, the others said they took about half an hour to cool down, I had another one with a burnt finger, and one of the roofers complained that it ‘made the whole kitchen smell like arse. Nice thought though’ 😂

I’ve never partaken myself. I’m more of a doorstop cheese and pickle butty Herr...or a flask of Mrs. B’s legendary spicy veg soup (not a peach in sight) 🥰

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 35
It's the masculine aesthetic, innit.

Can anyone point me towards anything masculine about Jack, other that a denim shirt? What masculine pursuits does she take interest in? It proves to me that she thinks gender is a matter of what clothes you wear, a dressy up game. She does the trans and non binary community absolutely no favours.

I know that gender non conformity is a difficult subject, and no one knows what is going on inside her head; but the way she changes her pronoun, outfits and interests, to suit whatever topic is trending waves a great big warning sign to me.

I've just remembered, she had a fleeting interest in bridges and tanks. Of course there are no women in Civil Engineering or the Military.
Massive red flag🚨 was a picture uploaded yesterday amongst the A&E chat.
Anyone with dysphoria who chooses to bind would very definitely not be posting a photo of their chest to social media, Calvin Klein sports bra or not.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 60
Triffids don’t consume whole, they sting and then wait for the body to decompose. The probably have a gut full of acid of some sort, like a pitcher plant. So sorry but this is one of my favourite books and I have to geek at you. (I know they’re not real but the thought of Jack being chased by one is amusing)
calling all John Wyndham fans- my much loved Chrysalids book 🥰. Price 20p!
14889503-6BCA-45E6-9EAB-A53CEFD5D1C7.jpeg

• Heart
Reactions: 35
I remember seing that scene as a Dutch teenager and in translated well :D (I believe it was the Kupar family, trying to be seen as the Coopers (I can't find it, so perhaps it wasn't, haha). I was trying to describe the scene to someone recently, who had no clue what I was talking about and it warms my heart it getting a mention here!

ETA: Found it:

I used to love this show! might have a watch tonight to reminisce about simplier times lol

• Heart
Reactions: 18
That ubiquitous denim shirt Jack wears, I think of it as a Canadian wedding shirt. I'm a Canadian by birth so I can poke fun :)

• Haha
Reactions: 39
Count me into the john wyndham fan club! ❤ (yes i don't have a lot on today...)View attachment 497346
Ot: I have all these, brilliant writer. love the newer cover art on the penguin reprints. Think the chrysalids was serialised on r4 a while back. I tried rewatching the triffids as an adult but it was a difficult watch, time hadn't been friendly to the programme but I might try again for fun, think it was on YouTube.

• Heart
Reactions: 21
She doesn't even seem very tomboy-ish either to me. It's like she's ashamed to admit she enjoys 'girly' things like make up and clothes etc. That's the whole point of the gender revolution, you embrace yourself!!! Nothing wrong with doing your face up, wearing sexy clothes and pouting about insta. We have evidence that she use to be quite happy doing this until she became a 'trans-activist' and at one point was transitioning (I'm not sure I 100% believe her authenticity on that).

She dives headfirst into the trending SJW movements, and now she's stuck, she can't show her old side off anymore as it's too much of a contradiction on the nonsense she spouts today.

(The Guardian article where she's dressed as a woman and a man is strange, she looks uncomfortable and aggressive in both guises)
The timeline actually makes it all a bit stranger: her Mrs Gloss posts, and her makeup hoarding, came after that Guardian article, her very brief time on testosterone, etc. The HuffPo piece where she claimed to be growing facial hair is right around the time the Mrs Gloss posts started.

I don't pretend to be an expert in this field, and there are certainly frauen and herren here who know far more, but even from my outside POV, it seems pretty fucked-up. She amps up the gender stuff when she thinks there's money and/or publicity available, and that's it.

I also laugh a bit at the fact that every time she posts a pic of herself in a dress/skirt/heels she says something like, "Here's a rare sight!" Is it really? Her Facetune adventures always have very conventionally feminine results, too: bigger eyes, longer lashes, fuller lips, a narrower jawline etc.

The real problem comes when people see her as a representative, or - as happened in January - hire her to speak as an expert on gender issues. As with cooking, poverty, autism, and so many other things, she knows nothing, and she's spreading that nothing around and people take it as gospel.

• Heart
  • Angry
Reactions: 64
The timeline actually makes it all a bit stranger: her Mrs Gloss posts, and her makeup hoarding, came after that Guardian article, her very brief time on testosterone, etc. The HuffPo piece where she claimed to be growing facial hair is right around the time the Mrs Gloss posts started.

I don't pretend to be an expert in this field, and there are certainly frauen and herren here who know far more, but even from my outside POV, it seems pretty fucked-up. She amps up the gender stuff when she thinks there's money and/or publicity available, and that's it.

I also laugh a bit at the fact that every time she posts a pic of herself in a dress/skirt/heels she says something like, "Here's a rare sight!" Is it really? Her Facetune adventures always have very conventionally feminine results, too: bigger eyes, longer lashes, fuller lips, a narrower jawline etc.

The real problem comes when people see her as a representative, or - as happened in January - hire her to speak as an expert on gender issues. As with cooking, poverty, autism, and so many other things, she knows nothing, and she's spreading that nothing around and people take it as gospel.
Jack is always cosplaying, so gender is just another role for her. It doesn't even matter what she might really think she is, the point is that she is Not Like All The Other Girls.

• Heart
Reactions: 45
I see 'not jack' has got out their Sophie conran Portmeirion dipping bowl to go with their Linda M dinner 🥴

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 63
I see 'not jack' has got out their Sophie conran Portmeirion dipping bowl to go with their Linda M dinner 🥴
Is that Sophie Conran?! Looks like one of those little dishes you get Charlie Bigham pies in (Jack has several of these also).

• Haha
Reactions: 37
Spotted a poor deceased blue bird in the car park.

Fly high with the angels little bird.
IMG_20210324_153124087.jpg

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 61
Is that Sophie Conran?! Looks like one of those little dishes you get Charlie Bigham pies in (Jack has several of these also).
But they were all presents, found in puddles or dug out of the bin behind Waitrose, Jack would never buy a Charlie Bigham pie herself.

• Haha
Reactions: 44
Yes, good call actually! I had to Google that though as I've never looked at that particular ready meal shelf as they cost SIX BLOODY QUID.

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 31
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.