Jack Monroe #170 Outrageous grifting dirtbag

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Yes, good call actually! I had to Google that though as I've never looked at that particular ready meal shelf as they cost SIX BLOODY QUID.
They are really nice - though I've never paid full price for them obvs, I'm not jack Monroe, queen of budget cooking! The dishes they come in are really handy, too.

Reactions: 27
My favourite thing about that You Gov rating is the 25% 'never heard of'

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 49
Massive red flag🚨 was a picture uploaded yesterday amongst the A&E chat.
Anyone with dysphoria who chooses to bind would very definitely not be posting a photo of their chest to social media, Calvin Klein sports bra or not.
EXACTLY.

Reactions: 21
Ooh just be aware kiwi fruit is quite a common allergen. I started with vaguely tingly mouth from eating them (also fresh pineapple) - then it progressed to airways starting to close from the tiniest bit in fruit salad :(
(Ross in Friends also had a kiwi fruit allergy).
I have it too! One doctor didn’t believe me when I said it had caused throat and tongue swelling when I was a young pup, said it must be the pesticides they spray on them as she’d never heard of it.

I mean, I don’t tend to eat the skin but yano.

(it’s a common allergen. As is celery!)

• Heart
Reactions: 24
They are really nice - though I've never paid full price for them obvs, I'm not jack Monroe, queen of budget cooking! The dishes they come in are really handy, too.
yeah if you have a waitrose near you (fancy) they often have them (near me anyway) highly discounted before closing, especially on sundays

I remember that food bank posh biscuits clip of Jack, was the first time I ever actually saw her/heard her speak on video and it was NOT what I expected. At all. Her tweet-persona is absolutely nothing like her actual self. Must be exhausting

• Haha
Reactions: 33
I remember that food bank posh biscuits clip of Jack, was the first time I ever actually saw her/heard her speak on video and it was NOT what I expected. At all. Her tweet-persona is absolutely nothing like her actual self. Must be exhausting
may I suggest you look up her DKL performance from last year...

• Haha
Reactions: 28
yeah if you have a waitrose near you (fancy) they often have them (near me anyway) highly discounted before closing, especially on sundays
The supermarkets that do the sad meal deals for couples who have given up* will often include Charlie Bingham meals, which works out an OK price if they include wine. They're quite nice. Of course, with her £20 a week budget, JM must be stretching that meal across several days.

*Including myself and Mx Krabs in that category

• Haha
Reactions: 39
That ubiquitous denim shirt Jack wears, I think of it as a Canadian wedding shirt. I'm a Canadian by birth so I can poke fun :)
😂😂 I always think of the lumberjack shirts as the 🇨🇦 thing tbh maybe it's because Mr Spam has a whole bloody wardrobe of them which he's itching to break out when we emigrate back in July ...

• Haha
Reactions: 22
may I suggest you look up her DKL performance from last year...
Oh yeah I've seen it all, now. Just remember seeing that first clip of her and how err, 'ordinary' she was when I thought she was some uber confident, cool gal back when I was blind to her!

• Haha
Reactions: 30
Massive fan of the heroine in The trouble with Lichen. We are not allowed to watch Day of the Triffids as the lead actor was on the panel that turned Mr Charitas down for RADA, he can apparently hold a grudge for over 30 yrs

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 42
Ooh just be aware kiwi fruit is quite a common allergen. I started with vaguely tingly mouth from eating them (also fresh pineapple) - then it progressed to airways starting to close from the tiniest bit in fruit salad :(
(Ross in Friends also had a kiwi fruit allergy).
And if they aren't quite ripe, they can have the tingles without it actually being an allergy. Same principle behind using green mango to tenderise meat.

• Wow
Reactions: 18
In case anyone is confused, the food bank shopping list video is a newish upload of an old clip. It was uploaded during the first UK lockdown, too. No one watched it then, either.

It's a few years old now, I think.

• Haha
Reactions: 33
In case anyone is confused, the food bank shopping list video is a newish upload of an old clip. It was uploaded during the first UK lockdown, too. No one watched it then, either.

It's a few years old now, I think.
Ahhh. It’s all becoming clear now. I didn’t watch it this time cos I couldn’t be arsed but if it’s the one where she professed to prolonging a biscuit from her foodbank box by nibbling it like Charlie Bucket on his chocolate bar - then you’re right, it’s old isn’t it.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 34
Oh yeah I've seen it all, now. Just remember seeing that first clip of her and how err, 'ordinary' she was when I thought she was some uber confident, cool gal back when I was blind to her!
I'd say "ordinary" was an overstatement... she was sooooo awkward and edgy. was a really uncomfortable watch

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.