Jack Monroe #170 Outrageous grifting dirtbag

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I thought the Guardian was for folk in certain parts of Norf London ...where the shopping options tend to be on the Waitrose,Planet Organic and M&S side of things and have jobs in the 'meeja' and the arts ...(fwiw I was born and brought up in one of those areas and blimey it's changed in the years since I escaped to uni and me and Mr Spam moved back ...).

She may write for them, and she aspires to be 'that type' you describe so well, but, considering her views on poverty & single mums, as well as that special air of 'my tit don't stink' attitude, she is 100% Daily Mail through and through!!!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 46
The secret ingredient is happy memory! I have spent years trying to reverse-engineer a dessert my grandmother made, which was a sort of custardy jelly with loads of whatever soft fruit was going and loads of whipped cream - my favourite was the rhubarb version. But even though I remember the taste so well, I can never get it right, because the ingredients won't be the same now and I am no longer a child. At her wake, my siblings and cousins and I found the last one she'd made in the fridge. We had a solemn and savage feeding frenzy in the kitchen while the grownups were pissed and singing in the front room.
My Nan's mince.. For years my sister and I have been trying to recreate her recipe.

Back on topic... Don't let that YouTube vid get any more views!

Reactions: 30
So sad when they are lost in their prime, look at that resplendent plumage.

View attachment 497138
I found out yesterday that the RSPB was created in Didsbury (a posh part of Manchester) by a group of women in 1889. They disliked the use of bird plumage in women's clothing and hats, so started a bird protection pressure group.

I love facts, me.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 99
I know this is a well trodden path but the food bank video made me think again about Jack's food bank usage (I know I know sorry).
Didn't she say on the Sophie Ellis Bextor podcast (or it may have been elsewhere) that she used it once? That someone recognised her and she was afraid of social services being involved (why?) so she then told her parents?
But then there is the 'living rough' for two years with a small child. So I have totally lost track of what is true now.

• Heart
Reactions: 60
I know this is a well trodden path but the food bank video made me think again about Jack's food bank usage (I know I know sorry).
Didn't she say on the Sophie Ellis Bextor podcast (or it may have been elsewhere) that she used it once? That someone recognised her and she was afraid of social services being involved (why?) so she then told her parents?
But then there is the 'living rough' for two years with a small child. So I have totally lost track of what is true now.
So has she. Hence the decidedly wonky timelines, changing reasons for things, and lies upon lies upon lies...

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 41
I love Marcus's 'I want to know what you think'.

If Jack tweeted this she'd say 'no guesses please this is my story to tell' and limit the Tweet replies.
He seems like a really nice lad. I'd wager he's faced a lot more tit than imaginary comments on his tattoos and masculine aesthetic as well.

• Heart
Reactions: 53
The only thing we can say with certainty is true is that she likes a Pot Noodle.

• Haha
Reactions: 66
Well, this has somehow infiltrated my YouTube recommended list (another joyful distraction now tainted by the bootstrapcock 🙄)
It's only bloody got 42 views, so why have I been cursed?
duck sake.

Would anyone care to speculate how much of the 2min 8sec is spent referring to self?
I (blessedly) didn't take in a single adenoidal word she said because I was entranced by her eye shadow. Slathering on a full eyelid's worth of brownish makeup is certainly an interesting technique. I have questions! Was this filmed before or after the Mrs Gloss obsession and, is this the origin of the shiny black eye stylings!

• Haha
Reactions: 39
The only thing we can say with certainty is true is that she likes a Pot Noodle.
A Bombay Bad Boy Pot Noodle. Because that's sooooooooo spicy. Dead hard she is.

Yet she uses 1/2 teaspoon of curry powder in her curry recipe. 🤷‍♂️

• Haha
Reactions: 55
It's a decade old now, but I will never forget this article from the Guardian:

Student cooking, including a curry that costs 22£ and involves making your own curry paste. I was a student at the time, and poor. Part-time jobs were thin on the ground in 2010. No one ate like this. No one (except maybe people called Fliss).

You look at that and realise the editors were so out of touch with reality that when a photogenic young mother popped up claiming to be so poor she'd had to sell her lightbulbs...of course no one raised an eyebrow.
Those were my student days too, and most of us just lived on pasta and pesto, maybe with a grating of tit unbranded cheddar cheese. Like most students, I also lived in a cheap area, which meant unless you wanted to struggle with bags on the bus, you were going to the local co-op (which was much less middle-class back then). You could buy plenty of white lightening cider, but fresh crab meat? Not so much. Also I shared a kitchen the size of a postage stamp with six people and often had to eat with a random fish knife as we had so little stuff, so blenders and fancy equipment were out.

My first year, I did live with an incredibly posh girl called Molly who used to eat ketchup and rice because she had no idea how to look after herself. I don't think she would have known where to start with these recipes.

• Haha
Reactions: 39
#JackHack

Eat many Pot Noodles and collect the pots to make a jolly festive garden light set! Just wire in some bulbs and plug into the mains and go!

• Haha
Reactions: 44
Maybe she will get another unfortunate swelling of the lips due to the spiciness of the Pot Noodle?
Poor Jack. These things do seem to keep happening :(

• Haha
Reactions: 29
It’s all in the wiki. You aren’t going bonkers, we’ve all been there- none of it adds up.

Eating pot noodles is the most basic thing ever, and she is trying to make it happen as a personality trait.

I have eaten pot noodles but not for years I am never patient enough so the noodles were always hard and the whole things hotter than the sun. In the before times we used to go on holiday and I tried pho in Vietnam and it was one of the nicest things I’ve ever eaten, even though it’s the same principle of boiling hot noodly soup.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 35
I (blessedly) didn't take in a single adenoidal word she said because I was entranced by her eye shadow. Slathering on a full eyelid's worth of brownish makeup is certainly an interesting technique.
It's the masculine aesthetic, innit.

Can anyone point me towards anything masculine about Jack, other that a denim shirt? What masculine pursuits does she take interest in? It proves to me that she thinks gender is a matter of what clothes you wear, a dressy up game. She does the trans and non binary community absolutely no favours.

I know that gender non conformity is a difficult subject, and no one knows what is going on inside her head; but the way she changes her pronoun, outfits and interests, to suit whatever topic is trending waves a great big warning sign to me.

I've just remembered, she had a fleeting interest in bridges and tanks. Of course there are no women in Civil Engineering or the Military.

• Heart
Reactions: 52
It's the masculine aesthetic, innit.

Can anyone point me towards anything masculine about Jack, other that a denim shirt? What masculine pursuits does she take interest in? It proves to me that she thinks gender is a matter of what clothes you wear, a dressy up game. She does the trans and non binary community absolutely no favours.

I know that gender non conformity is a difficult subject, and no one knows what is going on inside her head; but the way she changes her pronoun, outfits and interests, to suit whatever topic is trending waves a great big warning sign to me.

I've just remembered, she had a fleeting interest in bridges and tanks. Of course there are no women in Civil Engineering or the Military.
She doesn't even seem very tomboy-ish either to me. It's like she's ashamed to admit she enjoys 'girly' things like make up and clothes etc. That's the whole point of the gender revolution, you embrace yourself!!! Nothing wrong with doing your face up, wearing sexy clothes and pouting about insta. We have evidence that she use to be quite happy doing this until she became a 'trans-activist' and at one point was transitioning (I'm not sure I 100% believe her authenticity on that).

She dives headfirst into the trending SJW movements, and now she's stuck, she can't show her old side off anymore as it's too much of a contradiction on the nonsense she spouts today.

(The Guardian article where she's dressed as a woman and a man is strange, she looks uncomfortable and aggressive in both guises)

• Heart
Reactions: 45
Preschool child is complaining of an ouchy mouth after eating kiwis :eek:

I'm having to remind myself this is perfectly normal when you're 30 years younger than Jack.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 40
Ah King Marcus of Manchester, using his background and his platform (so far, so Jack) to...to..affect CHANGE?
Somebody tell him he just repeats the Poverty until he gets paid, and nothing more!

• Haha
Reactions: 37
Preschool child is complaining of an ouchy mouth after eating kiwis :eek:

I'm having to remind myself this is perfectly normal when you're 30 years younger than Jack.
Ooh just be aware kiwi fruit is quite a common allergen. I started with vaguely tingly mouth from eating them (also fresh pineapple) - then it progressed to airways starting to close from the tiniest bit in fruit salad :(
(Ross in Friends also had a kiwi fruit allergy).

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 44
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.