Jack Monroe #170 Outrageous grifting dirtbag

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Comparing google results / press coverage for campaign outcomes for Jack versus her “peers” Jamie Oliver and Marcus Rashford.

It’s almost as if she’s done... duck all.
Every time I see that headline where she says working in a supermarket is her backup plan it makes me fume! Snobby little Tory maverick!

• Heart
Reactions: 67
I have just read an article in the Guardian about not having to dress smartly when working from home. A few snippets from the article

Dressing down in a comfortable Dries van Noten tracksuit.
Wearing my Jimmy Choo flats to the doctors.
Don't know when I'll get back in my Monolos.
I wore my suits and silk blouses to impress and intimidate.
He misses his white linen suit the most.

These are in an article in a newspaper purporting to be left wing, a paper with it's roots in Manchester. This is a paper that Jack writes for.

No wonder she thinks she is poor, if her contemporaries in the media think having 5 or 6 pairs of gorgeous shoes in the cupboard for work purposes is normal. And I bet they are not from TK Max either!

By the way, what does a "humanitarian development consultant" actually do?

Last edited:
  • Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 86
Also, wrt her awakening the sentient brand that is Pot Noodle, I can't help but wonder .... why is she so much better at advertising the things she's NOT being paid to advertise?

I think because she actually really does eat pot noodles, so she can muster up enthusiasm for them. The other weird povplay slop is just how she gets her publicity because that's what higher ups think the poors should eat. She doesn't really like food and cooking, she likes convenience snacks and sweets.

• Heart
Reactions: 41
She’ll be telling us her ‘I’m mad, me’ routine.

Wake up at 3am, work like a banshee. 03:30 put tea in slow cooker, put on Denis Nilsen costume for 20 hour workday on minimum wage. Tweet. Boil gruel for SB for hours (in its own juices). Accidentally conquer fears. 4am run through the house naked and wake everyone up. Tweet that I’m at my rented desk. Go back to sleep until 11:30-12 depending on whether or not I’m pretending to have SB

Denis Nilson costume has FINISHED ME 😂😂😂

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 49
I have just read an article in the Guardian about not having to dress smartly when working from home. A few snippets from the article

These are in an article in a newspaper purporting to be left wing, a paper with it's roots in Manchester. This is a paper that Jack writes for.

No wonder she thinks she is poor, if her contemporaries in the media think having 5 or 6 pairs of gorgeous shoes in the cupboard for work purposes is normal. And I bet they are not from TK Max either!

The next ‘article’ claims the average spend on a U.K. wedding is £30,000 and to save money you could just go and register for $35.

It is getting more and more like the Breakdown (have we seen Jack’s contribution yet?) which told me this morning that Instagram was not a true reflection of real life.

If Jack surrounds herself with people who write this tripe for a living no wonder she thinks she deserves a collective noun for talking shite on zoom for two hours.

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 57
I noticed this earlier....I am sure it will be something worthy of praise and I am also sure that Jack will be reading it with green eyes too.

By the way, Jack (when you are up and catching up here), I know you primarily grift with the povvo play, but when do you think it will be time to admit that your campaigning has actually been worse than useless, that it has achieved nothing apart from offering Tories an excuse for lambasting poor people who can’t make their money stretch, and that you just aren’t very good at it? I ask, because I see what a young lad like Marcus (MBE) has achieved in such a short time and it’s as clear as day that you just aren’t very good at it, both THEN and NOW.

Attachments

• Heart
Reactions: 38
I do like one about once a year - in a roll. Only with a hangover. But I wouldn’t base my entire personality on it.

• Haha
Reactions: 32
I do like one about once a year - in a roll. Only with a hangover. But I wouldn’t base my entire personality on it.
Are you still talking about pot noodles?

How do you have them in a roll (or stottie-sorry, couldn’t resist!)?

• Haha
Reactions: 26
Triffids don’t consume whole, they sting and then wait for the body to decompose. The probably have a gut full of acid of some sort, like a pitcher plant. So sorry but this is one of my favourite books and I have to geek at you. (I know they’re not real but the thought of Jack being chased by one is amusing)
I think of triffids every time I see the road sign for ‘Heavy Plant Crossing’

not as sad as ‘Cats Eyes Removed’

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 52

I’m increasingly convinced the editor of the Guardian is Edina Monsoon.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 71
No supermarket would employ her, with her timekeeping and attitude
Could you imagine her?! A customer asks for where the tinned soups are, and plucky Jack promptly leads them to baked beans, wash off the juice and you got a soup, plus beeeeans!!! A tin is a tin!!!

Even worse on checkout, lobbing the groceries, just bunging them in the bag.

Displays and cleaning duties? Naaaaaaah!!!

• Haha
Reactions: 40
Did anyone else see Corronation Street Monday night? Amy Barlow saying that SM is real life because "you can say what you mean, out there on the street you have to pretend and be nice to people".

It was meant as a comedic take on SM, but I think that is the way Jack thinks. She thinks Twitter is real life, and her Twitter followers are her real friends. (And I doubt she's on her own)

• Haha
Reactions: 43
Ok Jack, does that mean we will see you posting through the early hours? ;)

xx sleep well dear heart!

Re:the posh biscuits. I know we have some fraus who work for foodbanks but in this scenario would it not be better to buy 2-3 packs of own brand chocolate digestives for example, rather than mcvities? (Because you could help 3 families and sometimes with branding it is all hype?

for me the biggest thing is that the Lidl ‘’choco caramel’ is the best Mars bar ever and is much cheaper so I could potentially help more people.

I get the argument when you get down to value level beans and they only have 5 beans in them but I just really get confused by Jack wanting luxury goods yet promoting the cheapest then promoting luxury goods again
Yup, cheap biscuits are great, and go a long way when you're low on cash!

Source: basically lived on those Lidl digestives and fruit shortcakes in my first year of uni 🤡 🤡

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 28
Sorry cannot direct message you.
Was it Manna al Sama? If yes, google and lots of recipes. Lush xx If Jack is reading enjoy

Thank you! I have the condensed milk at the ready.

What I really want to try once I've mastered tablet is a little experimentation. As a child in the Middle East, my favourite sweetie was bought from the suq and we called it 'manna'. It was white, full of dessicated coconut and you could taste something like condensed milk. Sadly, I've never found any sort of recipe from any Middle Eastern or Indian cook nor anyone who has heard of it or with whom the description rings a bell. So experimentation it shall be.

• Heart
Reactions: 20
I love Marcus's 'I want to know what you think'.

If Jack tweeted this she'd say 'no guesses please this is my story to tell' and limit the Tweet replies.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 50
Well, this has somehow infiltrated my YouTube recommended list (another joyful distraction now tainted by the bootstrapcock 🙄)
It's only bloody got 42 views, so why have I been cursed?
duck sake.

Would anyone care to speculate how much of the 2min 8sec is spent referring to self?
God, she's just soooooo bad at the thing she claims now to be a master of - in the grand scheme of presenting gigs this snippet rates as a mere footnote yet still, uncomfortable looking at the camera, visibly having to focus on remembering her lines, mumbling delivery of said lines - it's incredible that she is oblivious (or just in denial) to it. For all the criticism of her being addicted to, and carving a career from, twitter, there is unlikely to have ever been a person so perfectly suited to a whole life spent doing something that requires so little in the way of skill, talent and hard work.

Reactions: 27
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.