Jack Monroe #170 Outrageous grifting dirtbag

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Well, this has somehow infiltrated my YouTube recommended list (another joyful distraction now tainted by the bootstrapcock šŸ™„)
It's only bloody got 42 views, so why have I been cursed?
duck sake.

Would anyone care to speculate how much of the 2min 8sec is spent referring to self?
2min 07. And I bet all 42 views are Jack herself.

• Haha
Reactions: 35
Ok Jack, does that mean we will see you posting through the early hours? ;)

xx sleep well dear heart!

2min 07. And I bet all 42 views are Jack herself.
Re:the posh biscuits. I know we have some fraus who work for foodbanks but in this scenario would it not be better to buy 2-3 packs of own brand chocolate digestives for example, rather than mcvities? (Because you could help 3 families and sometimes with branding it is all hype?

for me the biggest thing is that the Lidl ā€˜ā€™choco caramelā€™ is the best Mars bar ever and is much cheaper so I could potentially help more people.

I get the argument when you get down to value level beans and they only have 5 beans in them but I just really get confused by Jack wanting luxury goods yet promoting the cheapest then promoting luxury goods again

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 46
I'm all grunked up. Good work today cable, especially @Veronicaaa for transcribing the tedx thing.
Was going to sleep but hungry now. Which is frustrating.
I had loads of witty and insightful observations to make during my grunk but thought I'd leave them to the end as invariably someone more witty and insightful has already made the observation further up the page.
I'm shocked at the book sales numbers, to echo things y'alls said earlier : her marketing and social media strategy are absolutely dire.
Who the hell disengages their followers /readers so much by actually turning off comments on their public social media ? She's taking the absolute mickey out of her publishers, really obnoxious way to behave

Eta: corrected a typo ref social media

Reactions: 24
Notjackā€™s insta Linda McCartney foods says ā€œcourtesy ofā€ which implies they have gifted. Why would any company gift someone with 65 followers? šŸ¤Æ

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 52
[QUOTE]Vroo

Today at 8:53 PM

Her tablet recipe is the best šŸ„° pre phone/internet I copied this down without buying buying the book in Waterstones because I was a poor school pupil!!!
my new jack book is an education - so many random ingredients, no pictures, too much text etc etc

I was really disappointed that tablet wasn't in this one! Can you remember which book it was in (or maybe still have the recipe? šŸ˜˜)? I may have Scottish Kitchen lurking somewhere but I've a feeling it might be the F Marion McNeill book instead. I do have Clarissa Double-Barrelled's book though, complete with deep fried Mars bar.
[/QUOTE]

We are talking ahem 30 year ago but here is a link
It was realising you needed full fat milk that changed my tablet from gritty to smooth
@HotesTilaire silently hooting here ā€˜twunt of twactivistsā€™šŸ˜¹šŸ˜¹šŸ˜¹

• Heart
Reactions: 20

Re:the posh biscuits. I know we have some fraus who work for foodbanks but in this scenario would it not be better to buy 2-3 packs of own brand chocolate digestives for example, rather than mcvities? (Because you could help 3 families and sometimes with branding it is all hype?

for me the biggest thing is that the Lidl ā€˜ā€™choco caramelā€™ is the best Mars bar ever and is much cheaper so I could potentially help more people.

I get the argument when you get down to value level beans and they only have 5 beans in them but I just really get confused by Jack wanting luxury goods yet promoting the cheapest then promoting luxury goods again
I think the luxury/basics argument has been done to death. People donate stuff, stores donate stuff that didnā€™t sell well. The food bank distributes what it gets, as well as it can. They canā€™t very well take biscuits back to Marks without a receipt and ask for the money back to then spend in Lidl on different biscuits. I know ā€œhealth consciousā€ types who get biccies and choccy at Xmas/Easter as gifts, and a week or two later donate it as they are hung up on staying v thin

Edit-posted toooo sooon and šŸ„•

• Heart
Reactions: 29
Are we assuming that all of her contractual commitments are done for a while now and she can go and gently heal while her tectonic fault lines continue to shift and do whatever?

Jack did you remember writing that because we all do.

So to remind you

Still this šŸ‘‹

C1491485-40E8-409F-B5D6-BC56BC324BEC.jpeg

In the words of Chandler ā€œcould I BE any more pissed off?ā€.

No.

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 53
There are a number of red flags we look out for when attending allegedly life threatening situations. Taking photos of equipment and subsequently hospital wristbands for social media is a top three sign that the drama llama is in attendance.

• Haha
Reactions: 87
We are talking ahem 30 year ago but here is a link
It was realising you needed full fat milk that changed my tablet from gritty to smooth
@HotesTilaire silently hooting here ā€˜twunt of twactivistsā€™šŸ˜¹šŸ˜¹šŸ˜¹
Thank you! I have the condensed milk at the ready.

What I really want to try once I've mastered tablet is a little experimentation. As a child in the Middle East, my favourite sweetie was bought from the suq and we called it 'manna'. It was white, full of dessicated coconut and you could taste something like condensed milk. Sadly, I've never found any sort of recipe from any Middle Eastern or Indian cook nor anyone who has heard of it or with whom the description rings a bell. So experimentation it shall be.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 26
After reading the recap of the last thread, which was brilliant, what a clear glimpse into the mind of a fantasist it gives. If the fantasist who freely uses "author" as one of her more prominent career choices that she likes to brag about has only sold 3 thousand copies of her last book, the same "author" who has also often claimed to be a bestseller mind, is it fair to assume that this is one of the many triumphs that she was alluding to when laying claim to an otherwise long list of career success stories spanning many fields all of which require such dedication and sacrifice that very few people would even understand?

- question to @Veronicaaa , would your friend happen to have access to all of the book sales she has ever solid? (sorry if you've already been asked this)

Reactions: 25
Well, this has somehow infiltrated my YouTube recommended list (another joyful distraction now tainted by the bootstrapcock šŸ™„)
It's only bloody got 42 views, so why have I been cursed?
duck sake.

Would anyone care to speculate how much of the 2min 8sec is spent referring to self?
šŸ¤” 2 mins?

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 13
Thank you! I have the condensed milk at the ready.

What I really want to try once I've mastered tablet is a little experimentation. As a child in the Middle East, my favourite sweetie was bought from the suq and we called it 'manna'. It was white, full of dessicated coconut and you could taste something like condensed milk. Sadly, I've never found any sort of recipe from any Middle Eastern or Indian cook nor anyone who has heard of it or with whom the description rings a bell. So experimentation it shall be.
I think what u are talking about could be coconut ice?

Reactions: 15
All this "I can eat spicier food than you" nonsense reminds me of the Goodness Gracious Me sketch "Going out for an English". For you younger Fruas that haven't seen it, it's worth a watch on YouTube. The Indian family all sit around in an English restaurant daring each other to eat the blandest food.

Jack reminds me of those awful cringeworthy people that go to an Indian restaurant and think it is some sort of a challenge to eat the spiciest food on the menu. She really is that sad.

As I've got a chilli allergy I rarely go to an Indian reastaurant. My allergy is a proper one, life threatening one, not a pouty liped hospital photograph one. After that girl died eating Pret sandwich, and another died here in Manchester after eating a takeaway, she should be ashamed of her performative hospital visit minimising the seriousness of a true allergy.

I woke up in a grump this morning. I am sure you lot will cheer me up soon enough.

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 88

I tend to put in things that I'd use or like myself (and which are on the list of items needed). So sometimes that's a 'posh' version rather than the cheapest available. As much as I dislike the way she describes nibbling away at the posh biscuits, I like the idea of not just putting the most el cheapo items in the donation box.
But I'll take any advice from Fraud with more insight into this.

(Tbf, often I just donate money directly to the food bank so that can spent it the best way)

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 32
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.