Jack Monroe #170 Outrageous grifting dirtbag

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
What is the new book even supposed to be about? She spouts so much tit, I don't have a clue.
The plughole hair / tumble drier fluff Mrs Beaton knock-off.
ETA speaking of which, how many people who she's supposedly writing this for will have or use a tumble drier? It's the most expensive appliance to run!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 40
The plughole hair / tumble drier fluff Mrs Beaton knock-off.
ETA speaking of which, how many people who she's supposedly writing this for will have or use a tumble drier? It's the most expensive appliance to run!
Ahhhhh. Thank you.

Reactions: 16
I am sure I read an independent story shared here that her deal was a two book thing with Good Food and the untitled Next Best Seller that has been delayed at least twice. I know Jack has made out that her povvo collection curated from the public, and other books, are in the pipeline but that is surely a weasly way of NOT saying she hasn’t got a deal for them? If the 3k sales on Good Food along with the need to prop up Tin Can Cook with “fundraising to buy for the food bank” sales is all she has got, then what publisher will entertain the idea of any more offerings?
She said the pov book is contracted. I made a note of it 😆

The pov book was supposed to be released this spring but was swapped with the 'huge' budget bible... which she still appears to be writing.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 40

I searched JM on Reddit last night (I got bored), most were auto post articles about her campaigning, most people think she's ok over there, they like she took KH down. Did find the above post tho. The full recipe and method have been written out and then a bit of a shill in comments. I don't think it's JM on that account. Just interesting, ya know?! Surely that's against copyright?

• Sick
  • Wow
Reactions: 28
She said the pov book is contracted. I made a note of it 😆

The pov book was supposed to be released this spring but was swapped with the 'huge' budget bible... which she still appears to be writing.
Well, another one to look forward to then.

I actually don’t mind if she becomes a millionaire off her books - as long as she isn’t grifting from the poor on the way. If she stuck to book sales and sacked off taking work from genuine voices of the working class, trans/NB/queer (delete as appropriate for the article) community, minority races, people who are genuinely chronically ill, working full time single mums,.....etc etc....oh, and sacked off the Patreon which will definitely be at least 50% funded by people who are less well off but feel sorry for her.

• Heart
Reactions: 41
Good morning to this post from January 2019. I’m doom scrolling because I’m trapped on the sofa with baby on me.

If she thought it was chaotic him being off school for two days pre-Covid then my goodness she had no idea what was about to hit her!

Which was it Jack? Was it just a ‘tactical vom’ or was he a ‘sick patient’ that needed carried around?

C3DC23A4-814E-4587-8DED-B64C880F0A5A.jpeg

• Sick
  • Wow
Reactions: 45
The word was " slag" was thrown around my old school towards boys and girls who were sleeping around. Not sure about days teens but it was quite common in the late 90s early 00s.

Not saying it's a good word but teens do probably still use it.

I am sure miss political herself had thrown it around once or twice even jest.

My daughter says someone has gone through the books in their 'reading nook' at school with the white out, getting rid of any bad words 🙄
I have said it before censoring books is not good, children should be allowed to read the bad and the good and be educated on why those words are not appropriate hiding them away in cupboards won't do this.

In fact what we are doing is teaching kids that we don't trust them enough to work out what is good and what is bad.

I read some of awful tit in my time but I was also taught on why it was bad.

• Heart
Reactions: 32
Good morning to this post from January 2019. I’m doom scrolling because I’m trapped on the sofa with baby on me.

If she thought it was chaotic him being off school for two days pre-Covid then my goodness she had no idea what was about to hit her!

Which was it Jack? Was it just a ‘tactical vom’ or was he a ‘sick patient’ that needed carried around?

View attachment 500025
She must've been having a weird yummy mummy phase or something, 'my pint sized prince' 🤢

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 46
]
Virginia Andrews too! Bloody hell, I was way too young to have read Flowers in the Attic when I did!!!

Virgina Andrews is next level insanity. Did anyone read My Sweet Audrina? It stayed with me for life (along with Flowers in the Attic). David Walliams got nothing on her.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 35
So much love for the weird priest when I was young. Now I look back and see him as a veritable bunting of red flags 🎌😭
[when this came out on TV my parish got a new much younger priest, who left a lot of congregation got under collar!! 🔺 he ended up being a prolific shagger, who I had a long time dislike of after accusing me of putting sheet music in baptismal font 🙈 ]

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 29
Just had a sudden horrible thought - what has she done with the hair from her undercut?

• Haha
  • Sick
  • Wow
Reactions: 54
The word was " slag" was thrown around my old school towards boys and girls who were sleeping around. Not sure about days teens but it was quite common in the late 90s early 00s.
Not saying it's a good word but teens do probably still use it.
I am sure miss political herself had thrown it around once or twice eve. In jest.

I have said it before censoring books is not good, children should be allowed to read the bad and the good and be educated on why those words are not appropriate hiding them away in cupboards won't do this.

In fact what we are doing is teaching kids that we don't trust them enough to work out what is good and what is bad.

I read some of awful tit in my time but I was also taught on why it was bad.
Totally agree with this, when I worked in schools older primary children would bring books to me that had swear words in them. We had a conversation about the emotions of the character and would discuss that sometimes using a swear can express that character‘s extreme frustration or other emotion. I then explained that authors chose their words and we can chose whether to continue to read that book or not. If you don’t like the words then don’t read it.

A good conversation about language and a child being given choice was my solution. The child would normally be happy with this and understand that words have meaning.

Edited to add, I was an avid reader of children’s novels so I knew what they were reading. I wasn’t a huge fan of David Walliams because I thought there was better literacy out there unlike Jack who just piled in and didn’t ofter quality alternatives because as usual she jumped in a bandwagon she knows nothing about! (Williams did get kids reading!)

• Heart
Reactions: 42
Virgina Andrews is next level insanity. Did anyone read My Sweet Audrina? It stayed with me for live (along with Flowers in the Attic). David Walliams got nothing on her.
Was that the ice skater one or the incest one?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 13
My Sweet Audrina ruined The Hills for me. You'd change your name wouldn't you?

• Haha
Reactions: 17
Seems to be a bit of a market for smut, don't give anyone ideas
[exactly, the gauche stories of finding love after poverty, Jackie Collins inspired ]

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 16
I’m sure Jack piped up with something about changing the approved proposal of her next book after GFFBD around the BLM time of the “white as mayo” video. It was a tweet and I’m sure someone like her agent or publisher commented. 🤔 has it changed again? Does anyone involved actually give a tit what she does or do they pat her on the head and let her get on with it?

I read Virginia Andrews when I was around 12 I think, all I remember is the word “Plunged”.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 33
If the best case scenario is 3k sales during a period cookbook sales are at an all time high you’d just call the whole thing off wouldn’t you. Do blank pages for the victims that bought it to fill in with some recipes for solids, give her the next x books advances just to duck off.
If she gets poor sales does she have to return the advance?

• Haha
Reactions: 14
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.